Each team's best look

MCM0313

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, they're better than the Christmas colors I like these better though:

hi-res-1818650_crop_north.jpg?w=630&h=42

I realize uniforms are subjective but that looks absolutely terrible to my eyes. The green is so dark and barely contrasts with the gaudy purple at all. When it comes to the Bucks, the new look takes it.

Well, they're better than the Christmas colors I like these better though:

hi-res-1818650_crop_north.jpg?w=630&h=42

I realize uniforms are subjective but that looks absolutely terrible to my eyes. The green is so dark and barely contrasts with the gaudy purple at all. When it comes to the Bucks, the new look takes it.

I agree here. The new uniforms are so much better with contrast. Here in first glance, I thought it was purple and black. When I see the new Bucks Unis, I think, "Damn, that's a good uniform."

I think the new Bucks looks stinks. What's objectively good about the design? The scripts bring a new meaning to the word generic, and the random squares on top of the side panels but no where else is bad design. The color scheme's okay, but I HATE the random blue in it. The only honestly good thing about it is that the holes in the uniform are shaped liked M's, but that's an almost impossible to notice minor detail during any action.

Unless you're also suggesting they go with gold socks on the road, black pants with black socks does not fix the "yoga pants thing". It is the "yoga pants thing". Why not just scrap the black pants altogether, when gold works perfectly with both sets?

Midway.png

Ah, I see, but what I'm talking about is pants. (Honestly, I wasn't really paying any attention to socks) I hate how it just looks like the Saints are wearing pants without anything on it except for a small logo. It's just Boring. On the other hand, I feel like the only team that CAN pull off the all-black look is the Ravens because real Ravens are actually all black. Even then, it only looks good against certain teams. (Steelers throwbacks, ironically the Saints gold pants, to name a few.)

drew-brees-nike-lunar-superbad-pro-td-70

This is just awful...

...while this is just alright:

ravens.jpg

(Random thought) Wouldn't mind a small purple stripe on the sides here.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But the current Ravens look can't even touch this:

Screenshot-2015-03-28-13.13.58.png

Ok, I'm done now.

• 7 months later...

Broncos:

Best:

Early Elway Super Bowl years. I like this one just a hair better than the 1993-96 set which featured a slightly more detailed bronco on the logo.

1986_Denver.png

Worst:

Another obvious one, and another one of the worst looks in NFL history: the yellow-and-brown, vertical-stripes-on-the-socks look of their first two seasons.

1960_Denver.png

Cardinals:

Best:

Count me among the few who actually liked the Arizona flag on the sleeves and the attempt to add navy blue as a minor accent color. I also like the clumsy patch in this photo. I guess for "best look" I'd say anything from 1988-2003.

1998_Arizona.png

Worst:

It could still be worse, much worse. Their BFBS alternate is better than it could be, and they look decent when they don't go red-over-red. Their helmet is, as always, simple and fantastic. Still, this is worse than both their initial Phoenix/Arizona look and their St. Louis look, and I'm not counting anything pre-1960. If they'd just clean up and simplify or eliminate the piping, paneling, and yoking, I'd consider this neck-and-neck in the running for their best look. The Nike flywire collar in this example doesn't do them any favors, either.

http://www.gridiron-uniforms.com/GUD/teams/2013_Arizona.shtml

(Edit: The GUD for this isn't showing up, so I'm attaching a picture.)

Carson-Palmer-Arizona-Cardinals.jpg

I'll do a few random teams, since my favorites have had relatively stable uniform designs over time:

Houston Astros:

AstrosShootingStarUniform020815.jpg

These could've become absolute classics, had they stuck with them.

Minnesota Twins:

t1larg.harmon.killebrew.02.gi.jpg

Tighten up the script a little, and these would be perfect.

Boston Red Sox:

12847585_1.jpg?v=8CF063287A50680

"But wait!" you say. "How is that terribly different from what they wear now?" The socks and the blue undershirts set this apart from the current Sox home uniforms. These had absolutely perfect color balance between red and blue. The current Sox home jerseys, while certainly great, are too heavy on the red, with the blue hat not providing the right color balance. Also, I love the piping on that jersey.

Chicago Cubs (road):

MLB-JERSEYS-888-Chicago-Cubs-Jerseys.jpg

For a team that has such a classic look at home, they've often struggled to find and stick with the right road uniform. They got it 100% right at one time though.

6 hours ago, Gates55 said:

Pittsburgh Steelers either these or the current.

download (8).jpg

Orioles All of these

311798_306264919401305_182323085128823_1144293_900280651_n_original.jpg

Penguins

hi-res-2188c8303a9eee75c2b7f4ad030aea03_crop_north.jpg

Thing about the Orioles' current look is, it's good, but what it replaced was pretty good too. The cartoon bird is maybe a bit too cartoonish for my own personal viewpoint, but it's well-liked, and the white panel on the hat adds a nice retro flair. The realistic oriole was good too. Love the orange alt uniforms.

Archived