2015-2016 Cleveland Cavaliers Uniforms

CLEstones

When it's all said and done, LeBron will probably have put on over 100 different uniforms in his NBA career.

I'd like to see the Cavs use these as a throwback someday.

It'll probably never happen though, those were some dark times.

Gosh I hope so! I may be in a very small percentage but these were my favorite NBA jerseys of all time.

Those are amazing! If the Cavs make alternates of these, they will easily be in my top 5 NBA uniforms. Everything about them is perfect.

I'd like to see what a fauxback of that set might look like in their current color scheme. I've always loved that set as well.

One of the most underrated sets in the league.

Just realized this, but Memphis took that font.

No, those are two different fonts, the only thing similar is the split lettering.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I expect the Cavs to get a complete re-brand once the Nike contract kicks in.

I don't know. If LeBron had stayed away, I'd agree. But their current look (particularly since they only wear blue on the road now) is close enough to the original LBJ look that I think they may wish to have some cohesion for the entire LeBron era(s). Especially if they win the title this year. I'd expect something in a wine/blue/gold scheme.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I expect the Cavs to get a complete re-brand once the Nike contract kicks in.

I don't know. If LeBron had stayed away, I'd agree. But their current look (particularly since they only wear blue on the road now) is close enough to the original LBJ look that I think they may wish to have some cohesion for the entire LeBron era(s). Especially if they win the title this year. I'd expect something in a wine/blue/gold scheme.

No, they wouldn't rebrand without LeBron. If they win the finals they'll start the process, I almost guarantee it. Once the new contract kicks in, they'll reveal.

DWD_Sig_zpsbbf8ibvd.png

Yea I don't expect a full on re-brand anytime soon, if ever. The Cavs have had too many looks in their lifetime and have finally found one that's got worldwide recognition and that they've been successful in. At most they might change wordmarks, but the basic foundation and the color scheme stays.

Would the Bulls look the same today if not for Jordan? There's many complaints of the Bull logo looking dated, but because it's associated with the greatest player of all time, it's so iconic that it's untouchable.

sig.png

Yea I don't expect a full on re-brand anytime soon, if ever. The Cavs have had too many looks in their lifetime and have finally found one that's got worldwide recognition and that they've been successful in. At most they might change wordmarks, but the basic foundation and the color scheme stays.

Agree with everything except the uniforms. They're so horrid that it's ridiculous.

Agree with everything except the uniforms. They're so horrid that it's ridiculous.

@truepg -

I know your "boys" are tired from last night, but why don't you text them and see what they think about new uniforms? Maybe ask them to throw some ideas out tonight at dinner after practice?

Archived