2015-2016 Cleveland Cavaliers Uniforms

CLEstones

It is being reported that the Cleveland Cavaliers will add up to 4 new uniforms for the 2015-2016 NBA Season:

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- The Cavaliers will add as many as four uniforms to their repertoire next season including a sleeved jersey, according to a report.

The sleeved jersey will be more "more exploratory in design" and used to celebrate something about area, according to an official-looking Addidas document obtained by SportsLogos.net. The sleeved jersey can only be worn a maximum of six times, the document states.

The Cavaliers will also have a new primary road uniform, the report says. They're bringing back the gold "Miracle of Richfield" uniforms -- last seen in 2005 -- as Hardwood Classics as well.

The team will also wear special uniforms if they play on Christmas Day.

The report indicates the Cavaliers will not undergo a complete uniform makeover like the Cleveland Browns as it appears the primary home white and the alternate blue and gold uniforms will remain.

While the Cavaliers have never worn sleeves, LeBron James did so with the Heat on a few occasions. In 2014, he blamed a poor shooting night on the sleeves, saying "I'm not a big fan of the jerseys."

Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert teased the new uniforms back in April, tweeting "several new threads coming."

SOURCE: http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2015/05/cavaliers_uniforms_changes_inc.html#incart_river

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In summation:

• Sleeve Jersey - Avant-garde, potentially representing North East Ohio
  • New Road Jersey - Possible change to navy full time?
  • Hardwood Classic Jersey - Miracle of Richfield, gold uniform from 2005
  • Christmas Day Jersey

I'd assume that either the navy or gold "CAVS" jerseys will become the new primary away. When used in moderation they look good. But it seems like those are all they wear anymore. The white and wine jerseys are far superior..

I'd assume that either the navy or gold "CAVS" jerseys will become the new primary away. When used in moderation they look good. But it seems like those are all they wear anymore. The white and wine jerseys are far superior..

I think the wine and gold jerseys were the best. I wish the NBA would allow teams to wear a color at home. I think it would vastly improve the look of the NBA and have unique color on color match ups. I really hope they don't move to navy as a primary uniform. I think it will be a huge mistake, even if its rumored that LeBron loves the navy jersey.

Ranking the current Cavs Uniforms:

1. Gold with Wine trim
  2. Wine with Gold trim
  3. White with Wine & Gold trim
  4. Navy with Win & Gold trim

I think the wine and gold jerseys were the best. I wish the NBA would allow teams to wear a color at home. I think it would vastly improve the look of the NBA and have unique color on color match ups. I really hope they don't move to navy as a primary uniform. I think it will be a huge mistake, even if its rumored that LeBron loves the navy jersey.

Ranking the current Cavs Uniforms:

1. Gold with Wine trim
  2. Wine with Gold trim
  3. White with Wine & Gold trim
  4. Navy with Win & Gold trim

Agreed. They used to have the gold uniform as the primary in the 1970's. And that gold uniform looks so much better. The white uniforms look so bland without any gold on the numbers and lettering. They will also have the Hardwood Classics gold uniform that was the inspiration for the navy blue alts from LeBron's first time with the Cavs.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

When it's all said and done, LeBron will probably have put on over 100 different uniforms in his NBA career.

I wonder what the actual stat is on that. And compared to MJ and others.

Bird and Magic probably have two uniforms each.

MJ obviously had a second team. I think he had a black alt. I also think the bulls had a "Chicago" script on the road his rookie year and a "cheaper" looking home jersey as well (i.e., oddly spaced letters, front number not centered). So he probably had at least eight.

Regarding the Cavs, I am disappointed. I wanted all current non-blue uniforms to be the entire look. It's not flashy but I love it. No surprise though. I feel like they pretty much always wear the blue on the road. They also use blue on their floor. The biggest surprise is that they won't use blue on every single uniform (including the home primary).

Give me this and you have a top-5 look in the NBA (Maybe even #1):

The original LeBron set was actually pretty good. But this, as basic as it is, is just really nice. No blue needed.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

When it's all said and done, LeBron will probably have put on over 100 different uniforms in his NBA career.

MJ obviously had a second team. I think he had a black alt. I also think the bulls had a "Chicago" script on the road his rookie year and a "cheaper" looking home jersey as well (i.e., oddly spaced letters, front number not centered). So he probably had at least eight.

MJ had three others to include in that list - his Bulls 45 set, and the throwback Bullets (stripes across the front) while with the Wizards - plus the All-Star jerseys.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

MJ had three others to include in that list - his Bulls 45 set, and the throwback Bullets (stripes across the front) while with the Wizards - plus the All-Star jerseys.

I thought of 45 and you could count it or not depending on interpretation.

I was wondering whether he had any alts on the Wizards.

If you want to talk All-Stars, then no superstars probably have fewer than 10 jerseys (maybe in the 80s where they wore the same design year-to-year but even Bird and Magic get into the annually-changing uniforms.)

So for team (i.e., no All Star), I'd go for Jordan:

1. Rookie Home
  2. Rookie Road
  3. Main Home
  4. Main Road
  5. Black Alt
  6. Home 45
  7. Road 45
  8. Wizards Home
  9. Wizards Road
  10. Wizards Alt

I don't know whether Jordan had multiple black alts in Chicago (with and without pinstripes). If not then, I'd say ten team uniforms...8 team uniform designs (taking out the 45s). I also don't know whether the shorts changed...logo placement, etc. I know on this board, people may add when they had a US flag on their jersey for Desert Storm, an arm band for the death of a former owner, a trim change to the shorts, etc. My chosen interpretation is that he wore ten (team) uniforms (unless I am missing something, which is possible).

And I think, therefore, Magic and Bird each wore two. But maybe there was a "Boston" one I don't know about.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I thought of 45 and you could count it or not depending on interpretation.

I was wondering whether he had any alts on the Wizards.

If you want to talk All-Stars, then no superstars probably have fewer than 10 jerseys (maybe in the 80s where they wore the same design year-to-year but even Bird and Magic get into the annually-changing uniforms.)

So for team (i.e., no All Star), I'd go for Jordan:

1. Rookie Home
  2. Rookie Road
  3. Main Home
  4. Main Road
  5. Black Alt
  6. Home 45
  7. Road 45
  8. Wizards Home
  9. Wizards Road
  10. Wizards Alt

I don't know whether Jordan had multiple black alts in Chicago (with and without pinstripes). If not then, I'd say ten team uniforms...8 team uniform designs (taking out the 45s). I also don't know whether the shorts changed...logo placement, etc. I know on this board, people may add when they had a US flag on their jersey for Desert Storm, an arm band for the death of a former owner, a trim change to the shorts, etc. My chosen interpretation is that he wore ten (team) uniforms (unless I am missing something, which is possible).

And I think, therefore, Magic and Bird each wore two. But maybe there was a "Boston" one I don't know about.

I wouldn't count the 45 jerseys, but if you do, you'll also have to count a red #12. One time in Orlando, somebody broke into the locker-room pregame and stole his jersey. He was given a blank #12 jersey to wear for that game. Also, the Bulls wore the pinstriped black jerseys for the 96 and 97 season, and dropped the stripes for Jordan's last year. They didn't wear any throwbacks during his time.

Also, while I wouldn't consider it a different uniform, the Bulls did make a change when they went to tackle twill in the 1993 season. Their names matched the numbers, whereas before they were single-color names (red on the home and white on the road).

OldRomanSig2.jpg

This thread could easily be called ... "The Whatever Team LeBron James is on, how many jerseys can we wear in one season" thread.

I think that's a little bit wordy for a forum... but it definitely isn't void of truth.

I'd like to see the Cavs use these as a throwback someday.

smush-780.jpg?itok=Pnbt8CT05091971002_0efaece9ac.jpg

It'll probably never happen though, those were some dark times.

Gosh I hope so! I may be in a very small percentage but these were my favorite NBA jerseys of all time.

The blue on the Cavs current set looks so bad. What is wrong with having 2 colors (+ white)? The wine on gold, and gold on wine combos look so nice.

This is exactly what happened with LeBron's first tenure in Cleveland. It went from the standard white and wine jerseys, to then throwbacks and basically turning the navy alt. into the standard jersey. Obviously it's all about the money and whatever the team can get their hands on jersey wise to sell they will, but it's all just a repeat of what's happened before.

The blue on the Cavs current set looks so bad. What is wrong with having 2 colors (+ white)? The wine on gold, and gold on wine combos look so nice.

This is exactly what happened with LeBron's first tenure in Cleveland. It went from the standard white and wine jerseys, to then throwbacks and basically turning the navy alt. into the standard jersey. Obviously it's all about the money and whatever the team can get their hands on jersey wise to sell they will, but it's all just a repeat of what's happened before.

I'm okay with a few alternates or throwbacks a year. My least favorite jerseys were the Cavfanatics. The fauxback mixing of eras always seemed odd to me...

Archived