2015-2016 Cleveland Cavaliers Uniforms

CLEstones

They're one of 30 NBA franchises just like everybody else, no matter how many titles they won before half the people on this board were born. Teams are asked to wear white on the road all the time so the home team can wear an alt. It's not a travesty.

Actually, it is because all teams should be required to wear a home uniform or light-colored alternates at home. "It's our road uniform but we wear it at home cuz whatever LOLZ" is stupid.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it makes the Cavaliers and the NBA money, Cleveland will be wearing a different jersey for all 82 games next season.

Call me old-fashioned, but the game in Boston where the Celtics were forced to wear their green jerseys because the Cavs wanted to wear whatever they wanted to wear was the tipping point for me.

The constant pandering to LeBron is getting as bad as it was during the 1990's with Michael Jordan.

Is this real? I never heard about that. That's absolutely ridiculous if true.

And it's one thing to do that to the Charlotte Hornets or something, but the Boston Celtics? The 17 time NBA Champion Boston Celtics? What an insult.

They're one of 30 NBA franchises just like everybody else, no matter how many titles they won before half the people on this board were born. Teams are asked to wear white on the road all the time so the home team can wear an alt. It's not a travesty.

Read what he said. Originally the dude said the Celtics were forced to wear green at home just because of dopey LeBron. That's what I was referring to. And yes, that would be a travesty.

You are correct in that I did misread the original post, but if the Cavs requested the Celtics to wear green at home, it never actually came to fruition. Besides, the only uniform the Cavs have that would require the Celtics to wear green would be the Cavs' whites, and they would never wear those on the road if they don't have to. They barely wear them at home anymore.

• 3 weeks later...

C'mon these were great!

o-LEBRON-CAVALIERS-facebook.jpg

I like these, looking back. But i didn't like the white jersey. The wine and navy jerseys were nice though.

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

C'mon these were great!

I like these, looking back. But i didn't like the white jersey. The wine and navy jerseys were nice though.

This was the best of the bunch, IMO. The navy got in the way on the white. And the navy jersey just got overused.

That said, I'd take that old navy jersey over the muddied one they wear now every day of the week.

C'mon these were great!

This was the best of the bunch, IMO. The navy got in the way on the white. And the navy jersey just got overused.

That said, I'd take that old navy jersey over the muddied one they wear now every day of the week.

Yeah, those navy checker ones were terrible. I think they current navy ones are pretty bad as well.

In my opinion, the only alteration I would make to the Cavs current uniform set is taking the gold off the white uniform. I think it would be a sharp looking have just wine on white, gold on wine, and wine on gold... sticking to just 2 colors throughout each uniform. I am curious to see how they go about this slight redesign of the wine jersey... I'm not really sure what they can do to it. I hope they don't do something stupid and put "CLE" or "THE LAND" on the front or something... uhg. That's all we need around this forum is a stupid wordmark like that.

C'mon these were great!

These were one of those uniforms that I grew to like in retrospect a whole lot more than I did while they were used. I never disliked them, but I was such a fan of the black-blue-orange set that they were kind of a let down to me at the start.

That all said, although I'm beginning to come around on at least the current white and maroon sets (still gut-wrenchingly hate the gold and navy sets), I'd still take that set over what they wear now a hundred times over. I like the particular color scheme (as well as how it's used) a whole lot better than the current one.

....but that said, I'd still take the black-blue-orange Pre-Lebron set over anything else if I were given the choice :P

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

When it's all said and done, LeBron will probably have put on over 100 different uniforms in his NBA career.

I'd like to see the Cavs use these as a throwback someday.

smush-780.jpg?itok=Pnbt8CT05091971002_0efaece9ac.jpg

It'll probably never happen though, those were some dark times.

Gosh I hope so! I may be in a very small percentage but these were my favorite NBA jerseys of all time.

Those are amazing! If the Cavs make alternates of these, they will easily be in my top 5 NBA uniforms. Everything about them is perfect.

When it's all said and done, LeBron will probably have put on over 100 different uniforms in his NBA career.

Gosh I hope so! I may be in a very small percentage but these were my favorite NBA jerseys of all time.

Those are amazing! If the Cavs make alternates of these, they will easily be in my top 5 NBA uniforms. Everything about them is perfect.

I'd like to see what a fauxback of that set might look like in their current color scheme. I've always loved that set as well.

C'mon these were great!

Sorry to quote this for the 100th time but this uniform is simply a thing a beauty. The metallic gold they use here is so much better than the garish yellow (athletic gold?) used now. Should have just ditched navy from this set alltogether and confine it the logos. This beauty would hardly have to be altered... As for the road, just replace the navy with wine.

I'd like to see what a fauxback of that set might look like in their current color scheme. I've always loved that set as well.

One of the most underrated sets in the league.

shado_logo.gif

If you shrink the giant C in the Lebron pic than you have a classic set. Would not mind if they replaced shiny gold w yellow gold.

I would :P... Though shrinking the C is a good idea.

While the Black, Orange and Powder Blue set does have some merits, the logo associated is absolutely atrocious.

If you shrink the giant C in the Lebron pic than you have a classic set. Would not mind if they replaced shiny gold w yellow gold.

I would :P... Though shrinking the C is a good idea.

While the Black, Orange and Powder Blue set does have some merits, the logo associated is absolutely atrocious.

Ah, easy fix. Bring back the colors but don't bring back the logo! :)

But seriously though, I don't think I'd mind in the slightest if they took their current logos and uniforms and re-colored them to the 90's colors. I think everything they've got now would look great in that colorway. Because honest to goodness, no matter what they do from here on out, in my eyes that's going to be the best scheme they'll have ever had.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

One of the most underrated sets in the league.

Just realized this, but Memphis took that font.

sig.png

Now I'm curious as to what Lebron's number actually is.

EDIT: Apparently according to ESPN, it's 30. However I got 32 in my count. http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11798574/the-jerseys-lebron-james

CLEVELAND (first stint)

1. Home White

2. Road Wine

3. Alt Blue

4. Retro Gold

5. Retro Orange

6. Cav Fanatic Blue

7. Retro Gold Feather

8. Cav Fanatic Wine

9. Retro Blue

Miami

1. Home White

2. "Heat" Black

3. "Miami" Black

4. Alt Red

5. Black/Pink

6. White/Pink

7. "King James"

8. White Hot

9. Black Out

10. Red Zone

11. El Heat

12. El Heat Sleeved

13. Retro Black

14. Retro White

15. Retro Red

16. Christmas BIG Color

17. Christmas Big Logo

18. Champions jersey 2012

19. Champions jersey 2013

Cleveland (Current)

1. Home White

2. Road Wine

3. Alt Gold

4. Alt Blue

Don't forget this past year's Xmas jersey.

Are we counting his 11 All Star jerseys?

Archived