University of Northern Colorado (New Athletic Marks)

bartodell

Going forward in this thread, let's simply share our own opinions of the University of Northern Colorado's new athletic marks. There is no need to take shots at the opinions of other community-members while doing so. To clarify, the topic of discussion in this thread should be the new athletic marks unveiled by the University of Northern Colorado, NOT the opinions of other community-members regarding said marks.

Thank you.

The juxtaposition of realistic proportions with modern shading/technique is a bit jarring, but separately the elements are better. I think as presented in the original post the total composition seems a little lazy. You should introduce an original typeface by making one that both meshes with your primary logo and is good enough to stand alone by itself.

The juxtaposition of realistic proportions with modern shading/technique is a bit jarring, but separately the elements are better. I think as presented in the original post the total composition seems a little lazy. You should introduce an original typeface by making one that both meshes with your primary logo and is good enough to stand alone by itself.

i think that was initially a bit of a shock for me too. you instantly see the eyes as being too small, but expect them to be larger. i think it would be best if they were larger because its less important to be 100% accurate and more important to just be believable.

Torch said they wanted to keep the eyes small because it began to look like a dog when the eyes were too large. but just taking the shot into PS and increasing the eyes' size slightly, it looked a lot better to me.

i like the typeface a lot though. aesthetically, there isn't a perfect unity here. the long curves and sharp points in the bear are not found within the letter forms, but i like that the personality of the typeface pairs well with a bear's attributes; think: strength, power, large in size. in this sense, i think it works even better than if the type had more in common with the look of the bear logo. i think the attitude and visual communication of the whole package is really good.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Archived