Cleveland Cavaliers Logo/Shirt Concept - GMS

GMS1122

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest darkpiranha

Looks great so far. The only issue for me is that he's not dynamically in motion enough. He's too passive. The pose you're using seems like it's just slightly too early in the dunk, like he's on the way up. Maybe let his arm with the ball be slightly more forward, at a slightly more up angle (930 or 10 o'clock), so it feels like we're on the powerful downward part of the dunk. And maybe rotate or skew the whole thing clockwise one hour so it just has a bit more implied energy in the movement.

This looks super nice, and is a really cool concept.

Right now, the white on the sword stands out a bit too much. I would either try to work in white highlights more consistently throughout the illustration or remove it from the sword blade.

You've incorporated the constructive comments well, with very professional results. One last detail is that there is very little contrast when this is against the dark blue (and to a lesser degree the red) background, so a much thicker outline would be very helpful there.

Use the rules of heraldry for more effective sports logos! i.e. keep it simple, use good contrast...

This is very nicely done, GMS. I like how this has progressively gotten better.

Might I ask as to why you chose gray as the main color on the bottom three and not one of the main colors like you did on the top three?

Personally, I like the top three as the navy offsets the wine and gold as everyone else has said.

Again, excellent work on this! I absolutely love it!

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

This is very nicely done, GMS. I like how this has progressively gotten better.

Might I ask as to why you chose gray as the main color on the bottom three and not one of the main colors like you did on the top three?

Personally, I like the top three as the navy offsets the wine and gold as everyone else has said.

Again, excellent work on this! I absolutely love it!

Thanks, there should be a few more updates yet to come, too.

As for the grey - just remember the end use for this is on a t-shirt. Grey and other neutrals tend to sell best, and limiting colors/inks saves $$$. Just wanted to present them in context.

As it stands, the bottom left is most likely to be the version produced, albeit with some tweaks.

My favorites would be the current colors on the navy background, and then the blue and orange, but I'd like to see that on an orange background. I would definitely pick up the navy one.

spacer.png

great stuff, Greg.

i personally would prefer the middle bottom coloration on a white tee. the Cavs need to be wine / gold / white with their color scheme. get that navy outta here.

Couldn't agree more...unfortunately, the team's current obsession highlighting navy and gold has everyone else wanting just that.

Archived