Colorado Avalanche

CreamSoda

Ok,

I am a huge Avs and hate their current jerseys. Anything would more than likely be an improvement. I feel these would be an awesome improvement if they refuse to go back to the traditional mountain stripes.

Any feedback of suggestions?

JIri7b4.png

Ok,

I am a huge Avs and hate their current jerseys. Anything would more than likely be an improvement. I feel these would be an awesome improvement if they refuse to go back to the traditional mountain stripes.

Any feedback of suggestions?

JIri7b4.png

Very impressive. The angled sleeve stripes are Mountain-Looking like their original look in a way that not only looks a lot better but with the way you have done these, it doesn't make the jerseys look like something you would see a kids team wearing. To me, this is what an NHL jersey should look like. It sticks to tradition and manages to not only add something new, but it looks great. Those sleeve stripes could be a bit bigger, but they do look pretty good the way you have them. There are a few things that I think would make this look a little bit better. First, I know their current font is popular with folks on here but just a good old block font would look awesome here. Another thing, I would make the blue a slightly lighter shade, while making the Burgundy more like the Canucks' Millionaires Throwback or the shade that the Washington Redskins of the NFL use. Besides that, all three of these jerseys are awesome, though I would like to see either the COLORADO script or a different logo on the blue jersey.

Sexy. My heart is still set on returning the mountain design at the bottom...I don't feel the original Avs jerseys with the mountain angles at the bottom are in any way tacky or kiddy, to me they are a classic design that stands the test of time.

But...as you said, if they don't go that way...this looks terrific.

Thanks for the comments!

I made some changes, increased the height of the arm stripes. And changed to a double blue third jersey. I know its trite now but I think it works very well with the silver and grey.

jg2m1Vh.png

This works so well because you keep the maroon and the blue separated. Nowhere does it touch. I think that's my biggest problem with their current jerseys (and something their originals avoided), dark blue blends with maroon, light blue vibrates with it. Separate the two, and you have something great.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

This is awesome. Vitorio Arts and Ti-Nick would be proud of you for the elegant simplicity of this design.

Seriously though, great job on these. Can someone please send these to Patrick Roy?

spacer.png

I like the first concept better than the second. Just stick with the original colors.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

Didn't really think the dark blue/light blue combo worked the more I looked at it.

Like this better for the Avs:

tyctUC7.png

Didn't really think the dark blue/light blue combo worked the more I looked at it.

Like this better for the Avs:

tyctUC7.png

Only thing I don't like is the inconsistency in the collar's colors.

Away jersey:

Replace the blue with maroon. Replace the maroon behind the NHL shield with white.

Home jersey:

Replace the charcoal behind the NHL shield with maroon.

Alternate jersey:

Replace the grey on the collar with white. Replace the charcoal behind the NHL shield with blue.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

I like them, and would be curious to see how it might look with a few different versions with alterations.

1. Add black back in so on the away jersey the numbers are like the current set, on the home the striping goes blue, black, white, and on the alt it goes burgandy, white, black to mirror the home.

2. Eliminate the shoulder yoke, but with doing so I think you'd have to do something with the hem stripes. Either the angular pattern to match the arms, or maybe a slope similar to the old Mighty Ducks or blue/copper Capitals. Not as steep though. Probably something to match the slope of the bottom of the leg of the A

3. I think either way the foot doesn't work as a primary logo. If they could develop a yeti logo that wasn't cartoonish that'd be something. So for now the Colorado script would suffice.

4. For the alt, go with a color scheme like their old burgandy and black set with the script.

Updated and with backs for all three:

WCY7F2L.png

This is perfect. Even without a nice block font, this works and it looks really, really nice. If I were you, I'd send it to the Avalanche.

Archived