New Fictional Basketball League, USPBL (Tucson Saguaros new logo and uniforms added.)

QThaGAWD

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Just get rid of the little tumor of a basketball on that star and your golden.

Done and done. :) slight color tweak what do you think?

El%20Paso%20mk4_zpskfjhmeve.png

i removed the boarder because i felt like the logo had too many lines with it still there, it was there only to mainly support the basketball being in the logo but after you pointed it out it did in fact look a little funky.

banner_zps4po4z5y5.png

Actually I think it looks better with the border....and without the "s" altogether. I think people would know it's the stars without the "s" anyway :)

Needless to say all these teams and logos are stellar. I love to see how much you've improved from your first posts. Well done.

Definitely going to be following this topic closely.

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

"Winners never quit, and quitters never win." ~Vince Lombardi

Actually I think it looks better with the border....and without the "s" altogether. I think people would know it's the stars without the "s" anyway :)

Needless to say all these teams and logos are stellar. I love to see how much you've improved from your first posts. Well done.

Definitely going to be following this topic closely.

i really appreciate the kind words , ive been trying to get better at this and im glad my efforts havent gone unnoticed. i will also look into adding the border again , thank you.

banner_zps4po4z5y5.png

I agree that you should get rid of the 's. In addition, the apostrophe shows possession instead of plurality, so you are saying the star has or owns something that is unnamed. (The team name would be the Stars not the Star's.) I hope this makes sense.

yea I know and yes it makes complete sense lol I just made changes earlier this morning and haven't gotten around to post them but I will once I make it home again. Thank you.

banner_zps4po4z5y5.png

Tucson Saguaros new logo slightly modeled after the 93 Denver Nuggets skyline logo i also droped the two dust brown colors and went with green blue and yellow/golden yellow.

i call it the "Toast" logo because when i was drawing up the new design the border of it started looking like the shape of a piece of toast :oops: , so i shortened it and kept the overall design of it. :lol:

Tucsons uniforms also drew inspiration from a NBA team the 01 Dallas Mavericks uniforms are some of my favorites so i tried to mimic them but not make it completely accurate.

Saguaros%20mk5_zpshv033ssp.png

Saguaros%20uni_zpslo9fek0l.png

C&C appreciated.

banner_zps4po4z5y5.png

I didn't think I'd be sold on the general idea of the logo until I saw how you used it in the uniform, which is fairly effective. That said, your basketball is flat, both because you worked from an ellipse instead of a circle, and because the channels are way off, further making it look deflated. I also think you could cut some of the linework from within the cactus, and in its place experiment with shading, though you'd risk making the palette rather large. Actually, strike that--you've got at least six colors going already. I'd consider ways to simplify.

rATMcmK.png

I didn't think I'd be sold on the general idea of the logo until I saw how you used it in the uniform, which is fairly effective. That said, your basketball is flat, both because you worked from an ellipse instead of a circle, and because the channels are way off, further making it look deflated. I also think you could cut some of the linework from within the cactus, and in its place experiment with shading, though you'd risk making the palette rather large. Actually, strike that--you've got at least six colors going already. I'd consider ways to simplify.

there are only 3 main colors in this logo the other 2 are black and the lines in the ball which is nothing more than a shadow used as lines which are both just accents and are no way part of the color palette i will simply the line work in the cactus and try to get the ball to look better in the next update

banner_zps4po4z5y5.png

To be precise, your palette has three three main colors (green, blue, yellow) and three supporting colors (black, dark blue, dark yellow) for six total, which does happen--think the yellow eyes and red tongue in the Timberwolves logo--but it's just something you don't want to push too far.

rATMcmK.png

Archived