2015 IFAF World Championships

MJWalker45

The 2015 International Federation of American Football Senior Championships kicked off in Canton, Ohio last night. The teams are the United States, Mexico, Japan, Australia, South Korea, Brazil and France. So far none of the teams have worn any of the big three manufacturers. Here's some uniform highlights I noticed. I'll add pictures when I can.

France: They've kept the same uniform they've had for years. blue jerseys, pants and helmets. Simple athletic block F on the helmet and the French Football Association logo on the sleeves. No manufacturers logo.

Australia: Previously wore Under Armour. They are wearing a cut similar to TCU with gold jerseys and green sleeves/armpits. Manufacturer Riddell. Players names in yellow on back, I only noticed it when look at photos after watching the game on my tablet.

Brazil. Blue helmets with a glossy look to them. Apparently some players didn't turn their helmets in on time t get painted because a couple are wearing navy blue or black. Plain white shirt with blue/green trim on the cuffs and neck. Green numbers with blue trim and Brasil on the front. Players name is on the back.

USA: All navy look. Oregon State style numbers. Navy blue with star patterns with red and white trim. There is red trim on the pants sleeves and inseams on the front of the jersey. US flag at the neck. Made by Riddell.

Korea: All white. K on the helmet, Korea on the back of the nameplate of the jerseys.

Mexico: They've taken the previous helmet logo and added some trim and feathers to it. Now the logos touch in the back of the helmet. The jerseys have an Aztec print running up the sides of the back of the jersey and two Aztec warriors at the front of the shirt. White jerseys with green block numbers trimmed in red.

Gameday 1

USA 30-6 Mexico

France 31-6 Brazil

Australia 48-6 Korea

km3S7lo.jpg

Β 

Zqy6osx.png

Β 

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is Brazil's first time at this level so I'm not surprised they had trouble scoring. Mexico, and the US, kept throwing the ball to the other team. The USA just did better when they got it. Thanks for posting the pics! Japan should play on the next game day so we'll see how they look then.

km3S7lo.jpg

Β 

Zqy6osx.png

Β 

ESPN 3 has all the games. Next dates are:

SUNDAY, JULY 12

Game 4 12:00 p.m. ET South Korea vs. Brazil
Game 5 3:30 p.m. ET Australia vs. France
Game 6 7:00 p.m. ET United States vs. Japan
WEDNESDAY, JULY 15
Game 7 12:00 p.m. ET Loser Game 5 vs. Winner Game 4
Game 8 3:30 p.m. ET Loser Game 6 vs. Mexico
Game 9 7:00 p.m. ET Winner Game 5 vs. Winner Game 6
SATURDAY, JULY 18
5th Place 12:00 p.m. ET Loser Game 4 vs. Winner Game 7
Bronze 3:30 p.m. ET Loser Game 8 vs. Loser Game 9
Gold 7:00 p.m. ET Winner Game 8 vs. Winner Game 9

km3S7lo.jpg

Β 

Zqy6osx.png

Β 

I like how these uniforms are at least good attempts at showing the uniqueness of each country, especially Mexico. Excited to see Japan. What is Brazil's helmet logo?

I'd love to get a Mexico mini-helmet, but seeing as how when you go to the federation's website, it says "Member Suspended", I guess that's not happening.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I like how these uniforms are at least good attempts at showing the uniqueness of each country, especially Mexico. Excited to see Japan. What is Brazil's helmet logo?

I think it's a jaguar.

km3S7lo.jpg

Β 

Zqy6osx.png

Β 

Japan has traditionally been white red white and very basic uniforms. No stripes and the federation logo on the helmets. It's crazy how from the first world championship in Canton to now, the USA uniforms have gone from Under Armour to Rawlings, to Riddell.

The 2015 International Federation of American Football Senior Championships kicked off in Canton, Ohio last night. The teams are the United States, Mexico, Japan, Australia, South Korea, Brazil and France. So far none of the teams have worn any of the big three manufacturers. Here's some uniform highlights I noticed. I'll add pictures when I can.

France: They've kept the same uniform they've had for years. blue jerseys, pants and helmets. Simple athletic block F on the helmet and the French Football Association logo on the sleeves. No manufacturers logo.

Australia: Previously wore Under Armour. They are wearing a cut similar to TCU with gold jerseys and green sleeves/armpits. Manufacturer Riddell. Players names in yellow on back, I only noticed it when look at photos after watching the game on my tablet.

Brazil. Blue helmets with a glossy look to them. Apparently some players didn't turn their helmets in on time t get painted because a couple are wearing navy blue or black. Plain white shirt with blue/green trim on the cuffs and neck. Green numbers with blue trim and Brasil on the front. Players name is on the back.

USA: All navy look. Oregon State style numbers. Navy blue with star patterns with red and white trim. There is red trim on the pants sleeves and inseams on the front of the jersey. US flag at the neck. Made by Riddell.

Korea: All white. K on the helmet, Korea on the back of the nameplate of the jerseys.

Mexico: They've taken the previous helmet logo and added some trim and feathers to it. Now the logos touch in the back of the helmet. The jerseys have an Aztec print running up the sides of the back of the jersey and two Aztec warriors at the front of the shirt. White jerseys with green block numbers trimmed in red.

Gameday 1

USA 30-6 Mexico

France 31-6 Brazil

Australia 48-6 Korea

Australia most recently wore k-noah uniforms (although they did wear ua at the last world cup) all their off field gear is under armour also.

neither Australia or usa are made by riddell. both by siege sports

here is a video of the unveiling to the australian team

and heres some random photos of the austrlian team/gear

11695004_10153038441867219_165941115977811707551_10154071840778289_861829603325411403165_10154071842058289_126278752042211210437_10153436064327179_815744718026510413315_10153436064377179_767081429835311666170_10153442199652179_637442113627011059378_10207322634324507_8982936756120

IFAF0709_Kor-Aus_eh147.jpg

'Outback'? Is that a joke that I'm missing completely? As a country, we're not known for our subtle jokes...

out back is the official nickname of the team eg. socceroos, kookaburras, opals, boomers etc.

Archived