Howard University unveils new Athletics logos

Pacificoduck

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I want to find a hidden element that probably really isn't one . . . the shading above the head looks very, very vaguely like "H U".

Overall, I like it. However, I don't like the way the left side of the head just sort of disappears into the body.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I wouldn't be surprised to see the full body bison since it's essentially the same pose as their previous logo, just no longer a ripoff.. It could add some cohesion to their brand history by bridging the gap with a similar looking helmet, albeit with the new custom logo.. Not to mention, I think it would be pretty sharp

I wouldn't be surprised to see the full body bison since it's essentially the same pose as their previous logo, just no longer a ripoff.. It could add some cohesion to their brand history by bridging the gap with a similar looking helmet, albeit with the new custom logo.. Not to mention, I think it would be pretty sharp

I totally agree, I just usually see simpler logos on helmets, and in this case the forward facing head seems like something to put on a helmet with the full body on the sleeves maybe

Howard had it before the Buffalo Bills, so it's not a ripoff, but HU isn't going to fight the NFL when the school is already in somewhat of a precarious financial position.

According to the logo guide sheet on Howard's athletic website (new logo announcement post), the lighter shade of blue is called "Bison Pewter".

Hotter Than July > Thriller

• 2 weeks later...

From the mothership:

5658_howard_bison-partial-2015.png

Seeing this full bodied version makes me like the set much more. The way each point comes to a slight curve rather than your typical sharp point gives the fur a unique feel that looks very slick.

Now for their new helmet Screenshot_2015-08-08-22-30-01-1_zpsmbqr

Doubt it. Howard never had stripes on their helmets since I've been following them.... Also, the last few seasons Howard has worn the Bills logo on their helmets without a red streak (white instead). Red still remained an accent color on the rest of the uniform

Hotter Than July > Thriller

Archived