Interesting Sports Facts and Statistics

fouhy12

On 8/12/2015 at 11:28 PM, Robertsports said:

No. What I meant was the As were in Kansas City and Warriors were in San Francisco.

As were Philadelphia (1901-1954), Kansas City (1955-1967), and Oakland (1968-present).

Warriors were Philadelphia (1946-1963), San Francisco (1963-1975), and Oakland (1975-present). You misunderstood me.

To avoid confusion, you should have added a word: "Both the As and Warriors are in Oakland after making stops in Kansas City and San Francisco, respectively."

On 8/5/2023 at 4:30 PM, TrueYankee26 said:

Oregon Ducks and Rutgers Scarlet Knights never played football against each other. Rutgers played the first college football game in 1866 and Oregon took the field in 1894. Now they will be conference mates in 2024 in the Big Ten.

And given the size of the conference, it still could be a long time before that particular quintessential Big Ten matchup occurs.

• Like 1

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

• 4 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

The 2023 Orioles and Blue Jays are the only teams in MLB History to have beaten all 29 other teams at least once in a single season.

This is the first year that's ever been possible, so they have that going for them.

• Like 1

It's where I sit.

I'm tired of this "Mr. Irrelevant" stuff.  At least the guy was drafted.  There's plenty of undrafted QBs that have had solid careers - even star careers. How aren't they less relevant (at the time) than "Mr. Irrelevant"?   Seems like a stupid thing for the media to refer to refer to the guy as.

Is this any more interesting than if Stafford was playing against an undrafted guy?  Probably not, but you wouldn't hear about the latter.

Edited by BBTV
meant "aren't", not "are"
  • Like 4

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."