The game involved Andy Reid as a Head Coach? ✅

Eagles started a Black QB? ✅

QB of the Eagles opponent made two prior Super Bowl appearances? ✅

Game was broadcasted on FOX? ✅

1st time then current #1 broadcasters covered the game? ✅

• Like 1
  • WOAH 4

• 2 weeks later...

Off the top of my head, I found this interesting: Since Andy Reid became the head coach of the Eagles in 1999 and then head coach of the Chiefs in 2013, when the two teams played each other, the team with Andy Reid as head coach is unbeaten. A month late with that bit of info but, :censored: it, better late than never. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Posted in the college basketball thread, but I think it fits here too.

A couple of potential things with this weekends Final Four when it comes to Florida Atlantic.

If Florida Atlantic somehow wins the NCAA Tournament, CUSA would sweep the postseason mens tournaments. (North Texas won the NIT, and Charlotte won the College Basketball Invitational.) All three schools move to the American Athletic Conference next season.

Also, If Florida Atlantic and Miami play each other for the title, it will mark only the third time two teams from the same state play each other in the championship game. The previous two were Cincinnati and Ohio State in 1961 and 1962 (Cincinnati won both).

Signature intentionally left blank

• 3 weeks later...

A couple baseball facts-

William Holbert played baseball from 1876-1888, garnered 2,335 at-bats, and never hit a single home run

In 2011, pitcher Josh Tomlin managed an entire 165.1 innings pitched season without a single player attempting to steal on him. The last time such a feat happened was in 1950.

18 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

I'd bet that there are plenty of veteran 19th century players with no career home runs.

I'd imagine some of the fields were just that - large fields with fences that may have been a mile away.  Plus the ball was different, right?  My complete assumption would be that a good number of home runs from that era were of the inside-the-park variety.  Could be wrong though.  Did a quick search on the old Troy parks, and wasn't able to find dimensions.

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."