Interesting Sports Facts and Statistics

fouhy12

3 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

The all-time leader is Stan Musial, who also produced one of my favorite stat lines ever: an even split of 1,815 hits at home and 1,815 hits on the road.

Donora has to be one proud town.

Yeah, I've always known that they shared a birthday and were both born there. But never thought of it in statistic form before til I saw it somewhere. Unreal when you think of something THAT specific and Junior is only second.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, McCall said:

Yeah, I've always known that they shared a birthday and were both born there. But never thought of it in statistic form before til I saw it somewhere. Unreal with you think of something THAT specific and Junior is only second.

Along those lines, I knew about Bagwell and Thomas (the other 5/27/68) because they share a birthdate with my ex-wife. I, on the other hand, share one with Eric Yelding. 🤣

It's where I sit.

On 6/12/2023 at 1:05 PM, FinsUp1214 said:

The all-time leader is Stan Musial, who also produced one of my favorite stat lines ever: an even split of 1,815 hits at home and 1,815 hits on the road.

Similarly - Harry Kane, on his 300th Tottenham appearance, scored his 200th Tottenham goal, with 100 of them at home and 100 on the road

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

• 2 weeks later...

In the last 3 days, the Wizards have conducted 3 trades. One of those trades was even between 3 teams.

Bradley Beal was traded to Phoenix for Chris Paul who the Wizards then eventually flipped in a separate trade to Golden State for Jordan Poole.

All three players wear 3.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • WOAH 2

Orlando Cepeda, Ray Sadecki, and Joe Torre completed a rare three-man circle of trades.

During the 1966 season, the Giants traded Cepeda to the Cardinals for Sadecki (a trade that was very unpopular with Giant fans). In the spring of 1969, the Cardinals sent Cepeda to the Braves in return for Torre. Finally, when the Cardinals traded Joe Torre to the Mets after the 1974 season, the player they got in return was Sadecki.

circle-of-trades.png

• Like 3
  • WOAH 2

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

• 2 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, JerseyJimmy said:

adding on to the Yankees perfect game facts: in back-to-back seasons, a Yankees pitcher named David threw a perfect game en route to a World Series championship.

The Cone perfect game is the last no hitter against a team that does not exist anymore (barring renamed teams) because Expos moved to DC 6 years later

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

• 2 weeks later...