Interesting Sports Facts and Statistics

fouhy12

Every big four team that holds the record for most regular season wins failed to win the championship that year

1906 Cubs (116-36) lost the WS to the White Sox who had the worst BA in the league

2001 Mariners (116-46) lost ALCS

2007 Patriots (16-0) lol

2015-16 Warriors (73-9) blew 3-1 lead in the finals

2022-23 Bruins (65-12-5) blew a 3-1 lead in the first round

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ManillaToad said:

Every big four team that holds the record for most regular season wins failed to win the championship that year

1906 Cubs (116-36) lost the WS to the White Sox who had the worst BA in the league

2001 Mariners (116-46) lost ALCS

2007 Patriots (16-0) lol

2015-16 Warriors (73-9) blew 3-1 lead in the finals

2022-23 Bruins (65-12-5) blew a 3-1 lead in the first round

Their laurels were well rested on.

People born starting on June 10, 1993 have only seen Canadian based teams win the World Series and NBA Finals, no Stanley Cups. People who will turn 30 have never seen Canada lift the Cup. Ouch!

In fact if you were born on May 25, 1990 or later you have not seen a team from English-speaking Canada win the Stanley Cup.

• Like 2

In his entire career, Tony Gwynn struck out a combined total of 3 times against the Braves hall of fame trio of Smoltz, Glavine and Maddux in 270 plate appearances.

(Smoltz once, Glavine twice)

• Like 1
  • WOAH 1

2 hours ago, SCMODS said:

Something random: Denver could play Miami in the NBA finals 30 years (1993) after both cities' MLB franchises began play (Rockies & Marlins). 

I was just thinking how the Colorado Avalanche and Florida Panthers played for the Cup Colorado's first season. 

Broncos and Dolphins can't in the NFL, but for as successful as they've been making the Super Bowl never faced off in either the AFL or AFC Championship Game. 

• Like 2

Miami owns Boston this year. Celtics & Bruins eliminated by Heat & Panthers this post season plus Dolphins beat out Patriots for one of the final playoff spots this past NFL season. 

• WOAH 1

I made a list of every NFL team's playoff game-starting quarterbacks. That's how I learned these two facts:

1. The Panthers have had the fewest playoff game-starting quarterbacks with only 3 (Collins, Delhomme, and Newton).

2. The Vikings have had the most playoff game-starting quarterbacks with a whopping 19 (Kapp, Cuozzo, Lee, Tarkenton, Kramer, Wilson, Salisbury, McMahon, Moon, Johnson, Cunningham, George, Culpepper, Jackson, Favre, Webb, Bridgewater, Keenum, and Cousins).

On 5/22/2023 at 2:44 PM, SCMODS said:

Miami owns Boston this year. Celtics & Bruins eliminated by Heat & Panthers this post season plus Dolphins beat out Patriots for one of the final playoff spots this past NFL season. 

You speak this, but it ain't over until it's over in the Heat-Celtics series. The Celtics have a long road ahead of them, but these past two games have proved we may see AT LEAST a Game 7.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin