Interesting Sports Facts and Statistics

fouhy12

On 1/31/2022 at 7:57 PM, DCarp1231 said:

spacer.png

It’s a game of Joes

No QB has ever done National Championship/Heisman/Super Bowl and Burrow has the chance to do it all in three years. 

The only player to do it proper…the first and last defensive player to win the Heisman, Charles Woodson.  

• Like 2

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

• 1 month later...

Only 4 QBs in history have ever lost their first Super Bowl start and even gone on to start in a second, and of those only two have ever managed to win a ring as a starter.

Len Dawson lost Super Bowl 1, then won Super Bowl 4.

Fran Tarkenton started, and lost, 3 with the 70s Vikings.

Jim Kelly started all 4 losses for the Bills in the early 90s.

John Elway lost 3 with the Broncos in the late 80s, before going on to win 2 in the late 90s.

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

2 minutes ago, waltere said:

Only 3 QBs in history have ever lost their first Super Bowl start and even gone on to start in a second, and of those only one has ever managed to win a ring as a starter.

Fran Tarkenton started, and lost, 3 with the 70s Vikings.

Jim Kelly started all 4 losses for the Bills in the early 90s.

John Elway lost 2 with the Broncos in the late 80s, before going on to win 2 in the late 90s.

This is incorrect. I'll let you do the research to figure out the other one.

• LOL 2

6uXNWAo.png

Just now, Cujo said:

This is incorrect. I'll let you do the research to figure out the other one.

Yeah I was hoping I'd get the edit in before anyone noticed 😁

(Len Dawson)

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

• 1 month later...

You know the NFL schedule where a team is guaranteed to go to the stadium of the team from the opposite conference from them every 8 years? (Notwithstanding the 17th game that is now in place) And you know the modified west division pairings in 2010? When the league decided to spare teams from going to west coast teams twice when playing the AFC or NFC West.

Most of the Cardinals and Seahawks AFC games aren't operating under the normal every 8 years routine. Their only AFC games that do are against the Chiefs and Raiders.

• Like 1

This year will be the second time the Patriots play the Cardinals at Glendale, since 2016, second visit to State Farm Stadium (formerly University of Phoenix Stadium) other than their Super Bowl trips there. They didn't have to wait for 2024, 8 years roundabout, thanks to the 17th game schedule. Also, this will year will be Tom Brady's 4th visit to Glendale, as a Tampa Bay Buccaneer player. 

Since this thread was made 7 years ago and mentioned about that matter, I decided to post a nugget about it.

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Dave Kingman homered for a team in each of the 4 divisions of MLB during the 1977 season. He homered while playing for the Padres, Mets, Angels and Yankees all during the 1977 season.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/k/kingmda01.shtml

Bottomms Cards created a 1978 Topps card for Kingman as a Yankee.

DMcXMhUVAAArN0O.jpg

• Like 2

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

On 11/23/2016 at 11:32 PM, 2001mark said:

1939 Grey Cup in Ottawa, groundskeepers poured on the field & lit on fire 400 gallons of gasoline to remedy the frozen field.  It didn't help for the next day's game & Ottawa wasn't awarded host duties again until 1967.

A pity they couldn't play "Gasolina" on the PA system on account of reggaeton not existing at the time 😅⛽

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

• 4 weeks later...

As published in "Rozelle - Czar of the NFL" by Jeff Davis, the Dallas Cowboys were originally known as the Dallas Rangers. The page below isn't a typo, as later in that chapter it describes Clint Murchison's decision to change the name to the Cowboys.

7jAdYWo.jpg

It's where I sit.