Interesting Sports Facts and Statistics

fouhy12

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 5/17/2020 at 4:10 PM, TrueYankee26 said:

Correct.

The 2020 Texas Rangers have long odds but nothing is impossible

Wow... I just came across this post. Funny how the World Series was decided at GlobeLife and won by the "home team." A proxy win for the Rangers?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TrueYankee26 said:

I wonder if any team in any sport drafted 2 people with the same name.

Jets draft UNC RB Michael Carter and Duke DB Michael Carter II.

The MLB draft has like 75 rounds so I'd say the odds are decent that it's happened at least once in all these years.

• Like 3

BB52Big.jpg

On 5/1/2021 at 1:50 PM, TrueYankee26 said:

Not the same, but the 2000 Washington Wizards drafted Mike Smith to play along Michael Smith.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

The only team in the NL East that has a positive run differential is the last place team.

• Like 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

17 hours ago, BBTV said:

The only team in the NL East that has a positive run differential is the last place team.

And the Phillies just-completed 4-game sweep of the Brewers, which netted them +5, is exactly why.  Win by one... lose by a hundred.

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 hours ago, BBTV said:

And the Phillies just-completed 4-game sweep of the Brewers, which netted them +5, is exactly why.  Win by one... lose by a hundred.

Every one of those games was a complete nail-biter. The series was not for the faint of heart. 

On 5/1/2021 at 3:50 PM, TrueYankee26 said:

That ought to be fun. 

I know of only two other instances where a team had two players with the same name (albeit one case via homophone--i know one happened via free agency, not sure about the other:

1.) The Cleveland Browns at point had WR Andre Davis & LB Andra Davis; and

2) the Mets from around that same time period (?) had two players with the same name at the same position: pitchers Bobby M. Jones and Bobby J. Jones. (Fun fact: those same Mets also had another young hot-armed pitcher in the stable around that time who went by the name Pat Mahomes...)

• Like 4

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

2 hours ago, infrared41 said:

The 80's Browns had Robert E. Jackson and Robert L. Jackson.

Now if they would've had a Samuel L. Jackson too you'd have been working with something. 😄

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

7 hours ago, tBBP said:

That ought to be fun. 

I know of only two other instances where a team had two players with the same name (albeit one case via homophone--i know one happened via free agency, not sure about the other:

1.) The Cleveland Browns at point had WR Andre Davis & LB Andra Davis; and

2) the Mets from around that same time period (?) had two players with the same name at the same position: pitchers Bobby M. Jones and Bobby J. Jones. (Fun fact: those same Mets also had another young hot-armed pitcher in the stable around that time who went by the name Pat Mahomes...)

In 1976, the Packers had Mike C McCoy (DB) and Mike P McCoy (DL)

Fun fact - I saw Mike P McCoy at the Georgia Dome in 2010 when I was there watching the Packers play the Falcons. I see the back of a guy wearing a 70s era packer jersey with 76 McCoy on the back. I told my brother it had to be Mike McCoy, since who the heck ELSE would have a jersey like that? Sure enough we see him a little later and instantly know by his face that it's him. I got him to sign my ticket stub from the game.

• Like 3

It's where I sit.