Longest Lasting Uniforms

ConcreteCharlie

Green Bay Packers have the same uniform for about 50 years now.

RIP 2nd white stripe

Let's not count small tweaks and technicalities here. Basically the Packers uni is the same since the 60s, and that is what this thread is looking for. It goes without sayint that they tweaked it a few times to make it more fitting with the modern uniforms but they always kept the same basic design.

you-must-be-new-here.jpg

Ive had that picture used on me like 3 times on here

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Green Bay Packers have the same uniform for about 50 years now.

RIP 2nd white stripe

Let's not count small tweaks and technicalities here. Basically the Packers uni is the same since the 60s, and that is what this thread is looking for. It goes without sayint that they tweaked it a few times to make it more fitting with the modern uniforms but they always kept the same basic design.

That's the point, not many teams stayed with the exact same design (same striping, same number font, same placements, not putting a NOB, etc.) for an extended time.

And the Packers got rid of the second stripe in 1997 right after they won the Super Bowl.

and even if that weren't true the Packers had that period in the 80's when they wore these

1985PACKERS-JimZorn.JPG

That counts as a change in my book.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Outside of their alternate, the Phillies are going on 23(?) years with their current look.

I don't know if baseball teams count since they all phased out stirrups.

facepalm.jpg

You mad?

Stirrups used to be a part of the UNIFORM (which is what this thread is about) and every player wore them, but they disappeared in the late 90s (not sure of the exact season or if certain teams got rid of them before others).

Outside of their alternate, the Phillies are going on 23(?) years with their current look.

facepalm.jpg

You mad?

Stirrups used to be a part of the UNIFORM (which is what this thread is about) and every player wore them, but they disappeared in the late 90s (not sure of the exact season or if certain teams got rid of them before others).

So basketball teams don't count either? Because you know the shorts were shorter. Or football teams because the helmet structure has changed.

facepalm.jpg

You mad?

So basketball teams don't count either? Because you know the shorts were shorter. Or football teams because the helmet structure has changed.

I was thinking about that.

I would say that long basketball shorts count as a change, because they originated when players chose to wear longer shorts. And then the teams started issuing longer shorts. I wouldn't say the physical design of a football helmet counts because it is not nearly as significant a change in the actual look of the uniform as getting rid of stirrups or going to longer basketball shorts.

Before you mention tight baseball pants vs. pajama pants, I'm guessing that originated when players decided to wear baggier pants, but the difference between the baseball pants is still not nearly as significant as the change between basketball shorts. Just like I wouldn't say that basketball jerseys changed when they became less tight across the league, it just isn't as noticeable or as much of a design element (in the case of stirrups; wit stirrups the White Sox could actually wear white socks with a hint of black in their current general design -- now they have to wear black socks which is the worst thing they can wear given their history).

I wouldn't even say that classic baseball vests vs. modern sleeveless jerseys are a significant change, even though the classic design is definitely better.

And finally, facemask and basketball shoe types wouldn't count because players always decided which of those they wanted to wear. But if a team like the A's decided to mandate green shoes, that would be a significant change.

facepalm.jpg

You mad?

AP96032901927crop.jpg?e779d1

news_14_Gooden.jpg

One guy is wearing stirrups, and one guy is not. Are you saying that these are two different uniforms?

facepalm.jpg

You mad?

news_14_Gooden.jpg

One guy is wearing stirrups, and one guy is not. Are you saying that these are two different uniforms?

What about the sleeves? Seems totally different to me...

Are the stirrups team issued or not? (I'm guessing it was in the late 90s or 2000 due to the look of the pic + interleague play)

Since Dwight Gooden only pitched for the Yankees in 2000. I'm sure that stirrups were not team-issued then.

Based on some simple research it seems that the Yankees were one of the first teams to get rid of stirrups. This is from the 1997 ALDS:

NYYCLE1.jpg

Actually I think stirrups might be very similar to basketball shorts in that they were phased out after players stopped wearing them; I can't find any pics of Derek Jeter wearing stirrups even though other Yankees did in 1996. Maybe I'm just doing bad research because his rookie cards do show him wearing stirrups.

In the modern day it is the player's decision whether he wants to wear stirrups, show socks, or not. They have become like facemask styles.

facepalm.jpg

You mad?

news_14_Gooden.jpg

What about the sleeves? Seems totally different to me...
But I mean are the uniforms different? Not the accessories. Yasiel Puig wears a neon green arm sleeve sometimes, but that doesnt mean its part of the dodgers uniforms

USC Trojans in football?

USC had a significant change in their helmet in 2001, so their current iteration has only been in use for 14 years.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

North Melbourne Kangaroos. nothing major since 1933.

Hawthorn Hawks. nothing major since 1950.

Richmond Tigers. nothing major since 1914

Essendon Bombers have not change there jumper since 1890 (minor things have happen but its been a black jumper with a red sash since 1890).

Excuse me? What planet do these teams play on? And what the heck is a jumper?

He's just being that guy that is way cooler than us

Well considering that Australian football is the least popular sport on the planet...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

Essendon Bombers have not change there jumper since 1890 (minor things have happen but its been a black jumper with a red sash since 1890).

Well considering that Australian football is the least popular sport on the planet...

[citation needed]

[citation needed]

this post right here is a quality example of why profanities are overrated and show an utter lack of creativity.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

http://chillopedia.com/interesting/top-7-least-popular-sports-in-the-world/

Archived