NY Mets Concept

jkrdevil

Wow...i realllllly like these. Both the blue designs are veryyyy nice

not to take away from the design at all...but to me the "METS" wordmark seems to be a little stretched out to me. Mabye im just seeing things

peshtigobloglogocc.jpg twittericonkingslut.gif

They're beautiful. The orange number on the front is a nice touch.

The only thing I would do is lose the dropshadow. Blue with orange outline and orange with blue outline is all you need on the primaries, and orange with white outline would be perfect for the alts. The dropshadow needlessly complicates the design.

as a mets fan, these are AWESOME!!! aside from that strecthed logo it looks great. the orange numbers wouldnt look good on the back of the jersey, but they look good on the front. and thank god u styck with the blue hat! :D

Well the template doesn't have a back, the idea is to have blue numbers on the back. I did orange numbers on the front because the Mets are mix of the Giants and Dodgers so the orange numbers on the front give it more of a Dodger theme.

Absolutely beautiful.

As a Mets fan, I'd certainly love to see them on the field, and I'd pick one up in a heartbeat. Although I like black in their scheme (only as an accent, not in the way they've overused it), the way you've eliminated it keeps the look fresh rather than almost reverting back to the pre-black days. I'm not totally feeling the orange numbers, but I can appreciate the tribute to the Dodgers. The onyl jersey I'm not totally behind the blue "NEW YORK" one... it's alright, but the blue "METS" one is much nicer (and is my favorite of the set).

Just smooth all around - bravo!

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

Other than the mets looking squished, its awesome! I as well hate the black look teams are going with. It even erks me a bit that puljos wears a black shirt underneath his cards unis (both home and away I've noticed) And in HS we were Maroon and White, but in football we always wore black socks. Lame. Unless its one of the main colors, keep black out of the main jersey designs.

So in short, Bravo.

I guess I am one of the few who likes the black. If someone were to ask me about 5+ years ago if a sports team could have blue, orange and black in its logo, I would have said it would look horrible. It started with the Knicks, and the Mets did it too. I think the black hat makes the orange NY pop out a lot more than the lighter blue they had before. The blue bill keeps the history in there, and it looks fine. I'm not a fan of the black jerseys, but black as a shadow helps the objects on the jersey stand out and add a little depth.

That said, I like your Mets concept. It could use a little more white on the alts. I don't think there's a good way to add depth on the alts while keeping legibility without black, so I'd ditch that idea and just have the orange characters with white outlines. Maybe a double outline of blue and white.

On the home & away, outline the orange with blue, not white. Orange-white-white and orange-white-gray is a little too light all next to each other. The blue against the orange will help deifne the shapes a little better.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

And in HS we were Maroon and White, but in football we always wore black socks. Lame. Unless its one of the main colors, keep black out of the main jersey designs.

we did the same thing at Case in 2000 cus the receivers and backs wanted them <_< thankfully, we only wore them damn things at home. adding to the lameness, the coaches decided to add black facemasks despite the lack of any other black in the uniform. to date, i think the facemasks are still black and the uniforms are still free of black.

and now, a little more from Discrim's Book of Lame:

-one conference rival, Bradford, is the Red Devils. i'm gonna try to keep myself from thinking about their lame Count Don King logo :D and focus on this: their helmet is red (last i checked, the logo was also red-a script "Red Devils") while the jersey and pants are black with no red whatsoever. WTF?

-one city rival, Horlick...a couple years ago they had jerseys with a UCLA stripe (three of em-red with a silver-white arch, white w/red-silver arch, black w/red-silver arch). they've since changed to the Bronco style but i'm gettin to the point-they usually wore red or silver pants with all three but a couple times had on black pants with the white and red jerseys. trouble is neither jersey had any black, and neither does the helmet (although it is a school color). you can just imagine the lameness of it.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

How long ago was it? When I saw them I think it was 2 years ago (bradford we're talking about) they had maroon (or dark red, it definatly wasn't red) unis with white and black trimming and the flaming thumbtack of the titans on their helmets can't remember what was inside, I think it was a B. Then also black unis. (they played their "home" games at carthage on the sportturf so I saw them mucho) I could be wrong on all this except the thumbtack. I'm almost definate they had that.

Here's the Don King log btw :)

head.gif

and their current unis....looks liek the got a whole Titans thing going on.

south1.jpg

Ahhh, my homefield, I miss it so.

How long ago was it? When I saw them I think it was 2 years ago (bradford we're talking about) they had maroon (or dark red, it definatly wasn't red) unis with white and black trimming and the flaming thumbtack of the titans on their helmets can't remember what was inside, I think it was a B. Then also black unis. (they played their "home" games at carthage on the sportturf so I saw them mucho) I could be wrong on all this except the thumbtack. I'm almost definate they had that.

shows how long it's been...the 2000 season was my swan song so it's going on four seasons ago. that new uni looks like something i could throw together in madden...and upon further review my bad, it was a maroon/dark red helmet.

damn...i gotta get back on the field in some way. btw the only time i played a game on that field ('99) it was still grass and i recall spending all the garbage time i got lying on the ground. second-worst grass field i've ever played on, IMO. i rated it barely higher than this JV field at Horlick.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Sweet! :notworthy:

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

i love the first two, but for the alt i think that there is too much orange, i would change the piping to white or change the letters to white to give it more balance

iceohio.jpgvultshelmet.png

crossout3.png

Archived