Temple Stadium Concept Renderings - Temple University

South of South Street

So, it has been awhile since I posted a Stadium Concept. To be clear, I did not go to Temple (NJIT and UPenn). However I decided to strike while the iron is hot. So if you click on the images below you will see my concept for a new Temple Stadium at the SW corner of Broad and Norris on Temple's campus in north Philadelphia (just a few block north of my Philadelphia Athletics Stadium concept). The idea is a 35,000 seat stadium with opposing arched press boxes and a curved top edge seating bowl with end zone seats to the west under a scoreboard. From above it sort of does look like set of wings and a tail (not intentional). The design is a modern version of a classic seating arrangement but with more "architecture" wrapping it and holding it in place.

Two things first.

1. I don't know where everyone will park.
2. I I'm not saying they need a stadium, just showing a concept.

All comments are welcome.

image_zpsnfblvquq.jpg

image_zpsekqyjv4a.jpg

image_zpsgqlypyfp.jpg

image_zpsub4lbqtw.jpg

I like your stadium but I don't like how the upper bowl looks like the Liberty Bowl

There are quite a few stadiums with the rounded upper edge and I do see the similarities but those are unintentional.

Wow dude...amazing 3D work. What program do you use?

Thanks. I use Autocad, AutodeskMax, and Photoshop. Keep in mind that I am an Architect and these take quite a long time to do though. But I appreciate your comment.

Beautiful work.

I think two things distinguish this from the Liberty Bowl:

1. The change in pitch 2/3 of the way up the side seating sections.

2. The straight edges along the ends of the side seating sections (because they are not connected to the end zone section).

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

First, I want to say you do great work on these.

The only thing I have to nitpick about, and it's not really criticism, more like a question...

The one end zone looks like it is wide open space where seating would usually be. Is that like open for students on campus during non-game days? And then barricaded off on game day?

packchampionslfroh.png

First, I want to say you do great work on these.

The only thing I have to nitpick about, and it's not really criticism, more like a question...

The one end zone looks like it is wide open space where seating would usually be. Is that like open for students on campus during non-game days? And then barricaded off on game day?

Yes was thinking that there would be "red colored" bushes there as a barrier but I never got to it. Probably a gate or something as well.

I like it.

But, is it too 'open'? Would the crowd noise just leave the stadium because of the openness? That's a home field advantage teams want. Noise.

It looks like with the curved nature of the sides, a kind of bandshell is created, directing the noise inward. Look at the overhead. The other thing is the height of the press boxes and suites will more than likely reflect any noise back into the stadium.

packchampionslfroh.png

I like it.

But, is it too 'open'? Would the crowd noise just leave the stadium because of the openness? That's a home field advantage teams want. Noise.

It's Temple dude, it's not like they're a huge football powerhouse. They play at Lincoln Financial Field (the Eagles home) that's closed up but it doesn't matter because their fan base isn't big enough. It doesn't matter how much you close up the stadium.They average 25,000 people per game, they're not going to be very loud unless it's a dome like NDSU or Syracuse.

JeKhnr9.png

I like it.

It looks like with the curved nature of the sides, a kind of bandshell is created, directing the noise inward. Look at the overhead. The other thing is the height of the press boxes and suites will more than likely reflect any noise back into the stadium.

I would agree with that.

I like it.

It's Temple dude, it's not like they're a huge football powerhouse. They play at Lincoln Financial Field (the Eagles home) that's closed up but it doesn't matter because their fan base isn't big enough. It doesn't matter how much you close up the stadium.They average 25,000 people per game, they're not going to be very loud unless it's a dome like NDSU or Syracuse.

No ish, dude, I know that, I live in the damn area! I know who Temple is, and I'm a die hard Iggles fan. LOL

That's my point. Any crowd noise that they might need may leave the open stadium.

Archived