TrueNorth13

I finished my next group of Dallas, Detroit, and Edmonton. For Dallas, I kept it pretty much like what they have know, but I added a silver accent stripe to the home uniforms. The away uniform is pretty much the same as well, just a minor tweak. I added a black alternate with sublimated stars in the strips because I love sublimated patterns :) For Detroit, like I said in my last post, I became bored of their uniforms and changed it up. I used a striping pattern on their sleeves from an old alternate uniform they had and made their stadium series logo the new primary with the old primary serving as the alternate. I added the vintage white from their winter classic to their colour scheme and I think it works well for a third colour. I also added a vintage white alternate to compliment the set. With Edmonton, I kept all the uniforms the same, but brought back the fierce looking oil drop as well as an old alternate and just recoloured them to fit with Edmonton's new identity.

Dallas:

UY65mhr.png

Detroit:

ajB9ozt.png

Edmonton:

tzs3bvi.png

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dallas: They look really good, but my critique is the same one of their uniforms irl: the numbers need outlines. 

Detroit: This actually works. The cream fits in well. Nice job pulling off an unexpected redesign. 

Edmonton: Nailed it. 

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Crabcake47 said:

Dallas: They look really good, but my critique is the same one of their uniforms irl: the numbers need outlines. 

Detroit: This actually works. The cream fits in well. Nice job pulling off an unexpected redesign. 

Edmonton: Nailed it. 

The only reason I didn't add outlines on Dallas' numbers is because they currently don't have outlines and I think it worked for them. In my opinion, not everything needs an outline to complete it. 

27 minutes ago, TrueNorth13 said:

The only reason I didn't add outlines on Dallas' numbers is because they currently don't have outlines and I think it worked for them. In my opinion, not everything needs an outline to complete it. 

Sure.  Fair enough.

spacer.png

I took the time today to fix 2 teams up, with minor changes. Boston and Chicago. I changed Boston's alternate logo and alternate jersey, and I tweaked Chicago's logo. Quick story. I bought some hockey cards yesterday and found a Corey Crawford card. I was looking at it and noticed the logo on the top of his mask. It looked exactly what I was going for in my original Blackhawks logo recolour. So I recoloured the Blackhawks logo once again to match Crawford's mask, and I think it looks quite good.

NAiVAEZ.png

SavQVaq.png

I also changed Boston's alternate logo to something still different from their current logo, but closer to what they use. I also changed the alternate uniform to something like the alternate uniform from the 60's.

11IEx8E.png

Now onto the next set: Florida, Los Angeles, and Minnesota.

With Florida, I took things that are rumoured to be included in the new uniforms being released soon. I touched up the alternate logo and the current primary to match them, and added the crest for the primary. I added the chest stripes that are rumoured to be included. For the alternate, I went back to one of my favourite uniforms that the Panthers have worn in their history. Pretty simple.

With Los Angeles, I took a whole new turn that most people don't go on. When people redesign LA, I usually see the purple and gold, but I really liked the dark purple, silver, and black colour scheme, so I combined a couple eras into my design. The logo from '88-'98, the logo from present day, and the modern fonts they use. Plus the colour scheme from '98-'11. I am very excited with this design, and it might be in the top 3 concepts I've done so far in this series. I even brought back the Los Angeles on the bottom of the jersey on the alternate.

With Minnesota, I brought back North Stars colours, and added a dark green as a accent colour. The whole thing is pretty self explanatory.

I also shared my Panthers redesign on Twitter and got many different comments ranging from "They look like football uniforms", to "Florida doesn't need a redesign". And honestly, Florida does need a redesign, in my opinion. Maybe not as drastic as I designed, or what might happen, but they need an update. Just my opinion. (If you can explain to me how Florida looks like a football team, let me know. Cause I have no idea)

Florida:

sY4riJk.png

Los Angeles:

0FZ7Q1z.png

Minnesota:

kmzhfO4.png

• 2 weeks later...

It's been awhile, but I got around to my next set of 3, Montreal, Nashville, and New Jersey.

For Montreal, I didn't get too crazy. I changed the away to match the home. I also created the alternate with some of their past logos in mind. I added their winter classic logo onto the leaf. For the alternate uniform, I added some stripes like their crazy, full of stripes, throwback uniforms, but I toned down the amount of stripes to make it actually look good. I tried my best to make it not like the Maple Leafs as much as possible. Sorry if I really upset Canadiens fans with the alternate. I really tried to not make the alternate and Maple Leafs uniform.

For Nashville, I didn't change much either. I changed the striping pattern, took away those stupid vertical piping stripes on their uniforms, and added the stars from the flag and guitar pick logo onto the sleeves. The alternate is way different. I switched the stars and NP on the alternate logo. I was looking on google for images from the all star game and found an image with these diamond shapes that are sometimes found on guitars, so I thought that would be cool to add to their alternate logo, to represent the whole country music part of Nashville.

For New Jersey, I went back to the classic red and green colour scheme. It really works since I changed Minnesota's colour scheme to green and yellow, so the green and red scheme is available. I took away the circle from the primary, and created the alternate in a roundel logo, since I love those types of logos. Despite the amount of use the get. The home and away uniforms are pretty much the classic look, while I went with a green alternate with some different striping. It's hard to get really creative with logos as boring as New Jersey. (In my opinion)

Montreal: 

tPBG8e8.png

Nashville:

DJm3FHm.png

New Jersey:

0NaHEbq.png

Montreal: The home and road are good. Not a fan of the alternate, though. Feels like it's too busy. 

Nashville: Interesting choice there with the stars. I think it works though, and the alternate should be adopted by the team immediately. 

New Jersey: Pretty good. I like the alternate logo, but i think the red logo on the red jersey is a bit too much, and the outlines don't provide enough contrast IMO. Still a good concept though. 

spacer.png

On to the next set: New York Islanders, New York Rangers, and Ottawa Senators.

For the Islanders, I changed the primary to the NY logo from the stadium series. I kept the same format for the home and away uniform because it just didn't need any changes. I created an alternate logo using an idea I had. And apparently everyone else has had as well. But I combined a lighthouse and an anchor. I was originally going to bring back the old lighthouse logo, but I went in a slightly more modern direction. The alternate uniform is a classic looking uniform. I added the white yoke because after an hour of working on it, the orange was hurting my eyes and I needed something to tone down the brightness. And I thought it looked good. Also keep in mind that I didn't do what many people are doing now by adding a Brooklyn alternate. I will never see them as Brooklyn's team, so I don't see any point in doing a Brooklyn alternate.

For the Rangers, I really changed things up. I changed the primary to the crest from their winter classic uniforms. I also added vintage white to the colour scheme instead of white. The alternate uniform is basically the winter classic uniform, but I kept the diagonal New York text, to stay with what the Rangers have done in their history. I did change things, but it wasn't too drastic and I think its for the best. Just a little modern update to an already great uniform.

For the Senators, I gave them a much needed redesign. The Senators might have the worst uniforms in the NHL, with the random stripes. It just looked horrible. So I went to their alternate logo that they never use. A modernization of their first logo. I also went back to the striping from their early days. For the alternate, I basically went with their heritage classic uniform, but I added the gold to the uniform. Nothing too crazy with that uniform.

New York Islanders:

oL5lp6C.png

New York Rangers

ZpSKpmM.png

Ottawa Senators:

lLxOTtJ.png

Islanders: Nice use of the alternate logo. Good job. 

Rangers: Not bad, but IMO this is a huge downgrade from their current unis. The Rangers are one of the better looking teams in the NHL, so it may not have been a good idea to change it up. I do like that alternate though. 

Senators: Perfect. 

Also, are you still working on your sports silhouette wallpapers? No rush, and honestly the only reason I'm asking is because they're so cool and I can't wait for my Kuznetsov one. But I understand that concepts take time, so no rush. 

spacer.png

15 minutes ago, Crabcake47 said:

Islanders: Nice use of the alternate logo. Good job. 

Rangers: Not bad, but IMO this is a huge downgrade from their current unis. The Rangers are one of the better looking teams in the NHL, so it may not have been a good idea to change it up. I do like that alternate though. 

Senators: Perfect. 

Also, are you still working on your sports silhouette wallpapers? No rush, and honestly the only reason I'm asking is because they're so cool and I can't wait for my Kuznetsov one. But I understand that concepts take time, so no rush. 

I will get back to the wallpapers soon. I just started a few projects around the same time. So I'm trying to alternate, but it usually turns out to be whatever I have an idea for. So I'll get to it soon. 

12 minutes ago, TrueNorth13 said:

I will get back to the wallpapers soon. I just started a few projects around the same time. So I'm trying to alternate, but it usually turns out to be whatever I have an idea for. So I'll get to it soon. 

Perfectly understandable. Thanks for the update. 

spacer.png

6 minutes ago, chcarlson23 said:

The logo instead of Rangers wordmark looks ok, but the wordmark is tradition... I think you should reverse the logos...

I understand what you're saying and respect your opinion. But I'm not doing this project to go with tradition. I wanted to change things up a bit, not too crazy, but change things. See what change looks like. If the history is very important, I've tried to incorporate it in some way, but, again, I'm going for change. Just for my own fun:)

18 minutes ago, llfhockey said:

I like the Background but its making it a pain in the a** to load and it takes me forever to see your concepts

Not sure what to say about this issue. It works from all of my devices/platforms to view them with no problems. 

Archived