infrared41's Who am I? - Super Bowl Trivia for the Old School Crowd

infrared41

25 minutes ago, ninersdd said:

Ken Stabler?

Put one in the win column for ninersdd. Ken Stabler is who we were looking for. 

I. Stabler played for the Raiders - 5 SB appearances, Oilers/Titans - 1 SB appearance, and Saints - 1 SB appearance.

II. Stabler spent parts of the 1968 and 1969 seasons playing for the Spokane Shockers of the Continental Football League

III. Late in the 4th quarter In a playoff game against the Steelers in 1972, Stabler scored the go ahead TD on a 30 yard scramble. He was upstaged by the Immaculate Reception

IV. Ghost to the post

V. The Holy Roller - which led to the NFL changing the rule on advancing a fumble.  

Ken_Stabler.jpgsb11.jpg

BB52Big.jpg

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, infrared41 said:

Put one in the win column for ninersdd. Ken Stabler is who we were looking for. 

I. Stabler played for the Raiders - 5 SB appearances, Oilers/Titans - 1 SB appearance, and Saints - 1 SB appearance.

II. Stabler spent parts of the 1968 and 1969 seasons playing for the Spokane Shockers of the Continental Football League

III. Late in the 4th quarter In a playoff game against the Steelers in 1972, Stabler scored the go ahead TD on a 30 yard scramble. He was upstaged by the Immaculate Reception

IV. Ghost to the post

V. The Holy Roller - which led to the NFL changing the rule on advancing a fumble.  

Ken_Stabler.jpgsb11.jpg

First you have to remind me of Super Bowl III and now "Ghost to the Post."  What did I ever do to you?

By the way, when you mentioned the "other" CFL, I was thinking Otis Sistrunk.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Round XIV

I. The teams I played for have a combined total of 8 Super Bowl appearances.

II. I was the first rookie in a pretty long time to start at my position for this team.

III. I am just the second player in Super Bowl history to accomplish this.

IV. And I did it quicker than anyone in Super Bowl history.

V.  Some might define me as the swan song for this Hall of Famer. 

Who am I? 

BB52Big.jpg

7 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

Round XIV

I. The teams I played for have a combined total of 8 Super Bowl appearances.

II. I was the first rookie in a pretty long time to start at my position for this team.

III. I am just the second player in Super Bowl history to accomplish this.

IV. And I did it quicker than anyone in Super Bowl history.

V.  Some might define me as the swan song for this Hall of Famer. 

Who am I? 

Lynn Swann?

spacer.png

7 minutes ago, sc49erfan15 said:

Michael Irvin?

sc49erfan15 gets the win. Michael Irvin is correct.

I. Irvin played his entire career with the Cowboys - 8 SB appearances.

II. Surprisingly, Irvin was the first rookie to start at WR for the Cowboys in 20 years.

III. In Super Bowl XXVII, he became just the second player in Super Bowl history to score two TDs in a quarter.

IV. He scored those two TDs in 18 seconds - a Super Bowl record.

V. Irvin was the last first round draft pick of Tom Landry's tenure as Cowboys head coach.

Irvin%20WAI.jpg

BB52Big.jpg

On 1/28/2016 at 4:38 PM, infrared41 said:

Round IV

I. infrared and I attended THE same college. 

II. infrared would feel right at home wearing my jersey. 

III. I am a member of my alma mater's All-Century team.

IV. In my rookie season, I set a single game team record.

V. I once held a Super Bowl record. 

Who am I? 

I. I don't know where you went to college. Scratch that, found your Twitter and you are a fellow OSU alum. O-H!

II. So, he wore #41? Keith Byars immediately comes to mind.

III. That's an awful lot of Super Bowl stars.

IV. Even thinking Keith Byars, I'm unsure of this. Pro-football-reference doesn't show him having done much as a rookie.

V. I'm immediately thinking of rushing records. Scratch that, I think it is Byars. He was on the Patriots' team that lost to the Packers and I think I remember something about him catching a bunch of passes. (I had to look him up on pro-football-reference to ascertain that he was on a Super Bowl team, but I haven't looked at his playoff stats because I would consider that cheating.)

Archived