Denver nuggets new uniforms (2003-2004)

TruColor

The Denver Post reported this morning that they will for sure be changing the uniforms next season.  The uniforms will be primarily Metallic Powder Blue (what the heck is that?) and White, and will keep the mountain peak logo on the shorts.

I would assume that they aren't just changing the colors of the logo and the uniforms; they would more than likely be tweaking the logo a bit as well.

PACK UP THE WOMEN AND CHILDREN!!!!  RUN FOR THE HILLS!!!! Pantone is at a loss to define a color!!!!!! :D

My guess, for what it's worth is that "metallic powder blue" is gonna look a lot like the blue that the Nets used when they had the tie-dyed look back in '90.

Metallic Powder Blue? That has the potential to be really cool, or really crappy. I like the metallic blue the Giants use on their helmets, but I greatly dislike most of the other metallic colors out there, including all the new metallic golds. I have seen Metallic Powder Blues on cars before, but I dont think I have seen it on a uniform, so the jury is still out on this one.

This is the color I am picturing.

IMG_1246.JPG

I have a really good hunch that "Metallic Powder Blue" will be very similar to Seahawks blue.  Not the rainbow unis.  Oh the humanity!  This look is going to be interesting.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

I like the metallic blue the Giants use on their helmets, but I greatly dislike most of the other metallic colors out there.

Here's what I don't get...the Giants (and Vikings & Browns) use the metallic color on their helmets, but don't go metallic on their uniforms.  How are the Nuggets, which have no surface onto which to showcase a metallic, going to pull this off on uniform fabric?  Can we assume the jersey's will be made of the dazzle mesh the Fab Five popularized, or am I just missing something here?

"I still think a tag team of Jimmy B and Melo could kick the :censored: out of Jesus and God."

Syracuse Orangemen

2003 National Champions

• 2 weeks later...

Late to the discussion.  For those that don't know me from the fanhome board, I'm a die-hard Nugs fan.  Just thought I'd update with a little info that I know.

I talked to one of my friends, and he said that the jerseys will be very much like UCLA's.  Gold and sky blue.  He said the gold will be downplayed a bit for more white, but those are the three main colors.

I'm man enough to admit that I'm scared about this.   :)

If anyone wants to see all of the Pantone Metallics (unvarnished), take a look at this .PDF I generated from my ColorValues database:

Pantone Metallics (Unvarnished)

I've got files like this for lots of other colors as well...let me know if anyone wants to see the varnished set...

On the Fanhome board, Milloy got to see the official stylebook for next year's jerseys.  Had the new Cavs, the new Magic (he said it looks bad) and new Nugs jerseys in them.  Rockets wasn't in there.  

Anyway, here's what he had to say about the Nugs:

I just saw them and i really like what they look like. The away uniforms are light blue with white letter and numbers. With gold outline. Same style as the present ones just the font is a little different. On the sidesit is gold also. The sides are liek the Clippers alternate, thick like that. I really do like that thye havae done with them.

CBOhioU, using his description, whipped up an example.  It is at:

http://www.geocities.com/cbohiou/nuggetsconcept.jpg

If you get a "page unavailable", just hit reload.

Milloy's response:

ACtually thats pretty close. Except for the wordmark. Its smaller and it is all even (doesnt have the little hump) And from what i can remember I thinkthe blue ones said Denver on them...

I was scared, now I'm kind of excited.  Could be cool.

Archived