NHL Worst to First

T-ROY

So I ended up forgetting about this thread as I had a bunch of school work, but I'm back. I can see where you guys are coming from with the lack of blue on the away, so I'm hoping this fixes it. I was trying to shy away from this as quite a few have fully-colored cuffs. 

Washington Capitals TEAM v2 - TAYLOR ROY.png

Here's a version with just added cuffs. Which I like more.

56de2311ae2ca_WashingtonCapitalsTEAMv3-T

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

Well I completely forgot about this thread. Thanks Bmac for bumping it up and reminding me to post the next team.

#3...

Colorado Avalanche TEAM - TAYLOR ROY.png

I liked their Stadium Series jersey from this year so I decided to play off of it. I feel like simple striping compliments their color scheme well. 

I think it might be worth seeing the shoulder yoke on the home blue, as well has extend the blue down the rest of the arms and hem. It would match the away a little more and also give off a feel of the classic jerseys with the shape of the yoke as well as the color order. 

16 hours ago, TRoyConcepts said:

Well I completely forgot about this thread. Thanks Bmac for bumping it up and reminding me to post the next team.

#3...

Colorado Avalanche TEAM - TAYLOR ROY.png

I liked their Stadium Series jersey from this year so I decided to play off of it. I feel like simple striping compliments their color scheme well. 

Personally, silver's not the colour I would have removed from the Avs uniforms. 

Having said that, I do like the way you've incorporated black. It looks more like it belongs there and less like its been forced in, or that it's only there in the first place because of the helmet and pants. I like that you've fixed the shoulder patch too. Overall, a huge improvement!

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

I also think that the numbers should have an outline. The blue would look good for the outline on the burgundy jersey, and burgundy on the black, but otherwise a very solid concept!

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

On 3/12/2016 at 3:34 PM, Rollins Man said:

i like it, but i'd like to see a silver trim around the numbers personally. 

4 hours ago, chcarlson23 said:

I also think that the numbers should have an outline. The blue would look good for the outline on the burgundy jersey, and burgundy on the black, but otherwise a very solid concept!

I feel like adding an outline to the numbers would kind of take away from the simplicity of the jersey, especially for silver. I would only add silver if there was a reason to and since the jerseys are quite simple aesthetically, I feel like it would be out of place. I'll try out the blue and black outlines as chcarlson23 said since I feel those colors wouldn't really anything pop instead of making it sizzle, you know.

On 3/12/2016 at 4:06 PM, Canuckleball said:

Huge improvement for Avs. Eliminating silver is a good choice. The names/numbers are a lot better sans-outline. I think a white yoke on the home would be a nice touch, just to give it a "white cap" so to speak. 

I see where you're coming from, and it's a good idea, but I think it would end up just having too much white on the jersey.

On 3/12/2016 at 6:35 PM, B-mer said:

I think it might be worth seeing the shoulder yoke on the home blue, as well has extend the blue down the rest of the arms and hem. It would match the away a little more and also give off a feel of the classic jerseys with the shape of the yoke as well as the color order. 

The only reason I had the maroon so prominently on the away was to color balance the uniforms. I tried doing a blue yoke on the maroon, but it didn't look right at all.

On 3/14/2016 at 9:21 AM, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Hot damn is that a nicely done Avs concept. I wouldn't mind seeing the blue and white stripes swapped on the maroon jersey but thats a nitpick. 

Yup that's my bad, it will be fixed.

Since I will be in France for the next week, I thought I should post the remaining 2 teams and if it wasn't already obvious...

56eb52ea2b468_OttawaSenatorsTEAM-TAYLORR

This ended up being my second run at doing Ottawa. I felt my first attempt just simply wasn't up to my standards, so I decided to redo it just yesterday. I wanted to have the laurels incorporated somehow, but I didn't want to make it the focal point of the set which is why I decided to sublimate it on the striping. 

56eb5ddab9869_PittsburghPenguinsTEAM-TAY

I really liked the Pens' pre-Edge set and I wanted to bring it back while spicing up the color scheme. I got rid of the Vegas gold for the much more vibrant yellow gold and I have always been a fan of their blue, yellow and navy color scheme from their early days so I wanted to add to the colorfulness of the jersey.

Ottawa looks great, although IMO the sublimated laurels don't look great on white. 

While the idea on Pittsburgh was fantastic, the execution was a little off. I like how you tried to incorporate blue but I don't think it meshes well with the yellow gold. The striping is done well, however. 

spacer.png

Archived