NHL by CCM (Toronto Revisit)

Lycan38

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Lycan38 said:

Thanks for all the feedback on the Coyotes. I took everything into consideration and make some adjustments.

CCM%2BArizona%2BCoyotes%2BUpdate1.png

Ended up adding black and outlines to the logos and numbers.

I showed this concept to my girlfriend and she was incredibly disappointed when I told her she couldn't buy one of these.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay in posting a new team. Just running into some creative blocks. Have a revisit today.

Chicago Blackhawks

CCM%2BChicago%2BBlackhawks%2BRevisit1.pn

Nothing major changes on the primary look. Sock stripes match the sleeve on the dark jersey. Added a alternate that takes inspiration from the teams look in the 50s.

On 5/26/2016 at 5:57 PM, Lycan38 said:

Thanks, alright I have something new to share.

This is the first of (hopefully not many) revisits I plan on doing. Was planning on holding off on doing any until after I did every team but did this because I didn't want to lose the idea.

Buffalo Sabres (Revisit)

CCM%2BBuffalo%2BSabres%2BRevisit1.png

For the home/road designs I didn't stray too much away from my previous concept. I really have come to like the team in navy more than the royal blue. I think it really helps them stand apart from the other New York franchises. I created a modernized version of the classic roundel logo. I merged together elements from the past and present within it. The alternate is based off the teams black and red era jerseys.

where did you find the logo for the main jerseys? could you post it?

1 hour ago, Rollins Man said:

where did you find the logo for the main jerseys? could you post it?

I made the logo myself. I could possibility post it in the near future.

1 hour ago, sparky chewbarky said:

Solid series, Lycan ! 

Well done!!

Thanks sparky, appreciate it.

Sorry for the double post but next team is ready.

New York Rangers

CCM%2BNew%2BYork%2BRangers.png

For the Rangers I decided to make some changes to their iconic look. Primary dark jersey now resembles the current third minus navy and vintage white. Just a minor change to light jersey, New York now is on the front (as it should be). Numbering changes to something that I feel fits them better. Third is based off the Winter Classic jersey from a few years ago. Done in the classic shade of blue. The shoulder design is a nod to the teams short lived look in 70s. Also, made it into an all blue look. For a third I think its perfect time to do it.

My only complaint is the problem that many concepts that use the New York wordmark have: it's a completely different font from the Rangers wordmark. If they were the same font, it'd look so much better.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Alright, if aren't any thoughts on the Rangers update. Time to continue on.

Philadelphia Flyers

CCM%2BPhiladelphia%2BFlyers.png

For the Flyers I decided to promote the previous third (always liked it). Made some changes to it. For the alternate I decided to keep their traditional look but altered it a bit. Changed up things that I always disliked. Like the overlapping tv numbers on the sleeves. Overall, I'm happy with the set.

That's definitely an improvement on the Rangers but I think it can still be better. I think it'd look better with the drop-shadowed Rangers font.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Alright, this next team had been done for a little bit but recently looked at it. After doing so went back to the drawing board and came up with something different because I wasn't happy with my original idea.

St. Louis Blues

CCM%2BSt%2BLouis%2BBlues.png

For the Blues I looked to their past for this concept. The primary set is based off what they wore in the 70s. Alternate is based off the design from the mid to late 90s. Overall, I am happy with the look.

Archived