Earth Hockey League

JLNHLSEGAFAN

27 minutes ago, Whittier S said:

Jlnhlsegafan is not going to pay attention to constructive criticism. This has been established. Let's let this thread sink.

I'm going to agree with this. He's taken all constructive criticism that we've given him on REALLY REALLY REALLY rough concepts, taken them as personal attacks, thrown it out the window and decided to make more rough concepts...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Whittier S said:

Jlnhlsegafan is not going to pay attention to constructive criticism. This has been established. Let's let this thread sink.

47 minutes ago, chcarlson23 said:

I'm going to agree with this. He's taken all constructive criticism that we've given him on REALLY REALLY REALLY rough concepts, taken them as personal attacks, thrown it out the window and decided to make more rough concepts...

I completely agree, I feel really insulted that my opinions get thrown out.

Welcome to Kansas, where you can see your future, literally.

image.png

IMG_1326.PNG

Instead, maybe we should all say what we like about them, maybe it will change.

Here's mine:

• The London and Paris fonts aren't illegible, like some fonts on these boards
  • These boards need more videogame/comic jersey concepts
  • You aren't afraid to go out and try new things, even if you know you will probably get bad feedback.
  • You use abstract art, one of my favorite aspects of design
  • BRIGHT COLORS!!!!!!!!!!

2 hours ago, ECUFan25 said:

• You aren't afraid to go out and try new things, even if you know you will probably get bad feedback.

Honestly, I don't think he expected bad feedback. Seems like he's expecting great praise, from the way he's been handling our constructive criticism. I think I'll just stop now, This thread is getting far too much attention as it stands. The OP can try again if he wants to improve and is willing to listen.

9 minutes ago, ujju2 said:

Honestly, I don't think he expected bad feedback. Seems like he's expecting great praise, from the way he's been handling our constructive criticism. I think I'll just stop now, This thread is getting far too much attention as it stands. The OP can try again if he wants to improve and is willing to listen.

2 hours ago, ECUFan25 said:

Instead, maybe we should all say what we like about them, maybe it will change.

Here's mine:

• The London and Paris fonts aren't illegible, like some fonts on these boards
  • These boards need more videogame/comic jersey concepts
  • You use abstract art, one of my favorite aspects of design
  • BRIGHT COLORS!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly. We need to change the mood of all this. All thy bad posts shalt be ridden of by the administrators.

They're not "bad posts," mind you. They are constructive criticism. As I said, listening to the criticism will only make you better. Start slow. Take one team. listen to the feedback. improve. Then move to the next team.

15 hours ago, Whittier S said:

14 hours ago, chcarlson23 said:

14 hours ago, RedfieldNick said:

I completely agree, I feel really insulted that my opinions get thrown out.

10 minutes ago, ujju2 said:

They're not "bad posts," mind you. They are constructive criticism. As I said, listening to the criticism will only make you better. Start slow. Take one team. listen to the feedback. improve. Then move to the next team.

I agree with all of this. If you can't take constructive criticism, if you know going in that you're not going to change anything, what is the point of posting this concept?  Being able to take constructive criticism is a sign of maturity. 

spacer.png

JLNHLSEGAFAN, I suggest you learn a little lesson here by accepting some of the criticism offered.

You have to understand that constructive criticism is almost always good, and the people giving it are doing it ultimately, for your benefit. 

Mind you, criticism isn't always going to be ego boosting, but that doesn't mean you should disregard it as "bad".

Take it from a person who's heard quite a bit of criticism in their time here (And hasn't always had the best response to it), the goal is to help you improve your concept. And if you can't take a little heat, you won't be able to make gold. None of us are trying to be rude or mean here, the fact is that most of the people who posted here actually cared enough to give you suggestions on how you could make these better.

Sometimes it's hard to accept criticism when you think what you're shelling out is good enough, but I suggest you roll with it and listen to the folks here. Don't just throw their ideas out, you might actually learn something. Maybe try doing some of these again? Practice makes perfect. And if you don't respect what people are saying here, I can guarantee you won't last long on the boards.

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

"Winners never quit, and quitters never win." ~Vince Lombardi

23 hours ago, JLNHLSEGAFAN said:

Wish granted.

BTW:

The Russian text reads "Moskva Camouflage" and "SETOGUCHI", while the Greek text reads "Athens Crocodiles" and "Ovechkin".

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I can't read the name, number, or wordmark for Madrid's team; I know that the 'C' stands for 'captain', but I can't read the rest.  I'm confused. Can you help me out?

3 minutes ago, tetris1983 said:

I can't read the name, number, or wordmark for Madrid's team; I know that the 'C' stands for 'captain', but I can't read the rest.  I'm confused. Can you help me out?

The number is 2. The name is Eichel, while the wordmark says Madrid Psychos.

Ok. Doing nothing to your original designs even after countless C&C from many people and then continuing to do more is against everything posting the concept is for. If you don't want help, don't post it. And I will say that some people have been very cruel on this thread and that's not ok either. We are here to help not bring down.  I would also like to add that some people have brilliant imaginations and ideas. This potentially is a good maybe even great idea. But without any real skill and refining, it crash and burns. Some people just aren't good at doing computer concepts. I suggest putting this on the request boards possibly and having others post their ideas to help you. For example, I never post concepts because I know I am terrible at them. Just keep your head up and try to get better and then repost a more refined version of your original concepts later. Good luck!

image.png

8 minutes ago, FlyingBuckeye7 said:

Ok. Doing nothing to your original designs even after countless C&C from many people and then continuing to do more is against everything posting the concept is for. If you don't want help, don't post it. And I will say that some people have been very cruel on this thread and that's not ok either. We are here to help not bring down.  I would also like to add that some people have brilliant imaginations and ideas. This potentially is a good maybe even great idea. But without any real skill and refining, it crash and burns. Some people just aren't good at doing computer concepts. I suggest putting this on the request boards possibly and having others post their ideas to help you. For example, I never post concepts because I know I am terrible at them. Just keep your head up and try to get better and then repost a more refined version of your original concepts later. Good luck!

Well said. 

spacer.png

1 hour ago, FlyingBuckeye7 said:

This post should be this guys last chance. If he doesn't take your advice then we all need to move on and let this die. You are 100%, the purpose of posting here is to get help refining your product. You (OP) seem to not want that, then that's too bad but don't expect us to like the crappy product that you don't seem to want to get help making better.

Now, do you want help making these better or not?

Not at all trying to sound mean or rude here, although I do realize there is a fair chance somebody will take it that way. First, I will reiterate that negative feedback is not "bad" feedback. To the OP, if you look around these boards, which I again think you should do a bit more, you will realize that the vast majority of threads here do not receive as much negative comments as this one. This doesn't make you or your concepts inherently bad, but there is a lot that can be improved on. The negative comments are from people who both can and want (at least originally) to help you improve. For example, the very fact that you had to tell us what the name and number on Madrid were means that the font doesn't work. Looking at the second set of concepts, I do see some interesting ideas, however, I say again, TAKE IT SLOW. If there is a computer you can use, use it. Use MS Paint or download a free program such as Inkscape. It's what I use. Learn the program, whichever one you use, and make sure the execution meets the standards of the idea. As for fonts, I'd suggest starting with Conrad's thread. Again, we're all here to help you. Look around these boards. Look at (most) professional leagues. I think that will help you most of all. For example, the Reds. Not a bad design overall. Striping suits the city. However, no red. Reds should be red. Make it red. Also, work on execution. That might improve a bit if you use a better program, such as Inkscape or even MS Paint, but you'll still have to work at it. Best of luck, hope you decide to listen to us!

Archived