2016 Stanley Cup Playoffs Uniforms

Mr. Krabs

On 4/11/2016 at 5:41 PM, The Giant Pacific Octopus said:

The Hulk wasn't created by Disney and isn't a cutesy anthropomorphic animal character you associate with Disney.

And just for the record Disney can't make a solo Hulk movie because Universal has the distribution rights.

As well that silly cartoon crap that the Ducks wear on their orange jerseys was an actual Disney creation. A typical piece of Disney fluff and crap aimed at little kids.

Actually, Disney can make it, if they want. They just have to let Universal distribute it. Basically universal gets a lot of money for no investment. That's why they haven't done one, and wvery time they use him in an ensemble filme, it resets the timer on those rights.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One ugly jersey eliminated by St.Louis, another ugly jersey eliminated by Pittsburgh.

Now we only need Tampa and San jose to disappear, so we can have the best possible cup match up, uniform wise, St. Louis vs Pittsburgh ! 

I hate San Jose's uniforms as they look really boring, but I love St. Louis' and I hope they win. On the other side, I hate the throwback uniforms for the Penguins, but love their road uniform. Tampa's uni is like the Sharks, BORING.

spacer.png

Granted I'm a homer, but what is there that's offensive about Tampa Bay's unis? I get "boring," because they're fairly tame as far as sports uniforms go, but I've never heard anyone straight up say they're ugly.

3834694136_f375c335e2_o.jpg3833900697_df7864756a_o.jpg

21 minutes ago, Mr. Krabs said:

Regardless of the match-up in the Finals this year, it will join the 2011 series (VAN vs. BOS) as the only two in the last 25 years where not a speck of red is anywhere to be found in the logos or the uniforms.

Well, hope for the Blues to advance. Atleast Elliott is rocking Cujo's 80's style goalie mask which has red on it. 

elliottmask_side644.jpg

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

9 hours ago, worcat said:

IF San Jose advances to the SC Finals, Where would they put the Finals Patch? Honestly, they have patches everywhere already.

I do believe there is room on the front for the cup patch. Otherwise they can just remove the main crest, no one will notice it's gone anyway. 

;)

22 hours ago, nuordr said:

On the other side, I hate the throwback uniforms for the Penguins, but love their road uniform. 

Gonna get hate but I'm on the same page. The throwback uniforms aren't doing it for me. I can never get on board with the Yellow. *holds riot shield*

I don't HATE it but, I prefer Vegas Gold. I think it suffered because of the EDGE uniforms. The one's before that were pretty solid.

Pittsburgh-Penguins-White-Jersey-2002-20

XM4KeeA.png

21 hours ago, worcat said:

IF San Jose advances to the SC Finals, Where would they put the Finals Patch? Honestly, they have patches everywhere already.

They'll probably replace the 25th Anniversary Patch if they make it that far.

444ec510-e660-11e5-b2a7-b779d7cb8fb5_Get

XM4KeeA.png

13 hours ago, insert name said:

Gonna get hate but I'm on the same page. The throwback uniforms aren't doing it for me. I can never get on board with the Yellow. *holds riot shield*

I don't HATE it but, I prefer Vegas Gold. I think it suffered because of the EDGE uniforms. The one's before that were pretty solid.

Agree, Sid rookie season jersey was amazing

sidney-crosby-mario-lemieux-112515-usnew

19 hours ago, Thomas said:

Agree, Sid rookie season jersey was amazing

sidney-crosby-mario-lemieux-112515-usnew

The problem is the vegas gold. It looks brilliant on the home jersey because it contrasts so well, especially due to the shimmer of the fabric. However, it gets lost in the white jersey, making the Pens look very boring on the road. This inconsistency between home and road makes designing a good looking set very difficult. 

4 hours ago, fouhy12 said:

The problem is the vegas gold. It looks brilliant on the home jersey because it contrasts so well, especially due to the shimmer of the fabric. However, it gets lost in the white jersey, making the Pens look very boring on the road. This inconsistency between home and road makes designing a good looking set very difficult. 

Agree. I do believe  it was white at home back then. But your point remain , still, it was way better than the current white jersey.

Speaking of possible difference in home and away jerseys,  the previous uniforms, ( robo-penguin) featured very different home and away jerseys.

To think they could also have had this8389_pittsburgh_penguins-unused-1993.png

That would look amazing, even today !

On 5/14/2016 at 9:49 AM, insert name said:

Much better than their current road jersey, but still too dull for me. One thing I really liked about their Stadium Series jersey was that it had a nice balance of Vegas Gold and black throughout the jersey, which helped remove the dullness of the Vegas Gold. I still think their Stadium Series jersey should have been Vegas Gold. 

34 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Agree. I do believe  it was white at home back then. But your point remain , still, it was way better than the current white jersey.

Speaking of possible difference in home and away jerseys,  the previous uniforms, ( robo-penguin) featured very different home and away jerseys.

To think they could also have had this8389_pittsburgh_penguins-unused-1993.png

That would look amazing, even today !

They made the right choice.

jaromir_jagr_reaches_out_to_penguins_spe

This is such a good uniform.

Archived