Minnesota Timberwolves

Soblito

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, ChicagoOakland said:

I didn't realize the Timberwolves had a rastafarian flag for their supporting colors.

"Supporting colors" is a bit misleading, especially for the yellow and red since they were only used for the tongue and eyes of the wolf, respectively.

IMG_3522.thumb.PNG.be1af312d04d18b081e11542f750224d.PNG

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

There's no way this blue is the same blue as they currently use.  Someone tell colorwerx to update the blue pantone to what it actually is.  Looks along the lines of Oklahoma City's powder blue?  or Carolina Panther blue?  Any blue darker than this, including the current Wolves blue would ruin the logo

thumb.jpg

8 minutes ago, jdthrillinger said:

There's no way this blue is the same blue as they currently use.  Someone tell colorwerx to update the blue pantone to what it actually is.  Looks along the lines of Oklahoma City's powder blue?  or Carolina Panther blue?  Any blue darker than this, including the current Wolves blue would ruin the logo

thumb.jpg

I definitely trust ColorWerx a lot more than a mockup of a t-shirt. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

8 minutes ago, jdthrillinger said:

Not a mockup of a shirt.  All of the licensed product being sold right now has that lighter shade of blue http://store.nba.com/Minnesota_Timberwolves_T-Shirts/Mens_Minnesota_Timberwolves_Fanatics_Branded_Blue_Primary_Logo_T-Shirt

You do realize that's not an actual photograph, right?  They photoshop the color and logo onto a basic stock T-shirt image.  You can look at the same product for any other team, and if you look close you can tell by the shadows and details its the same shirt, just altered for color with a different logo pasted over.   

I'm not saying that color is right or wrong, but I do know those license shop images are notoriously varied.  And, generally speaking, ColorWerx isn't just guessing.  He's kind of careful about that.

Well he originally had a different gray listed and updated it today.  I was thinking the blue needed to be updated as well.  I'm not questioning his abilities but with a brand new unveil, it's only natural to have a mix-up or two until the dust settles, even for a savant.

They are the same....

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

That's extremely disappointing.  Ruins the entire logo in my opinion.  Look at how much better the logo looks with a lighter shade of blue in the ball.  Everything blends together otherwise.  Hoping that shade of blue is completely absent from the jerseys at least and they go strictly with Navy, Gray, Bright Green, & white.

The issue here is that the old Timberwolves logo didn't really have large distribution of blue in it like it does now, so when you actually see the color applied like it is now it's jarring. The question is which blue will make it to the away jersey?

bSLCtu2.png

29 minutes ago, Nxxkx said:

Do you know where to find the official colours for all 30 teams?

No

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

4 hours ago, Conrad. said:

You (or a mod) should probably delete this post...the NBA doesn't like that info being regularly available.

Exactly. Even if it is used just to prove someone wrong.  Isn't that why the forum had to delete the entire font section/thread?

10 hours ago, jdthrillinger said:

That's extremely disappointing.  Ruins the entire logo in my opinion.  Look at how much better the logo looks with a lighter shade of blue in the ball.  Everything blends together otherwise.  Hoping that shade of blue is completely absent from the jerseys at least and they go strictly with Navy, Gray, Bright Green, & white.

That shade of blue has been the color of the Wolves' blue jersey for 20+ years and the other colors never blended in with it.  I would be highly surprised if the lighter blue was completely absent. Other teams use lighter blue/navy blue just fine (even if it is overused).  Plus, there's really no need to look like the Seahawks.  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

8 hours ago, Conrad. said:

You (or a mod) should probably delete this post...the NBA doesn't like that info being regularly available.

Yeah I usually wouldn't post it, I just get tired of seeing people getting adamant about stuff when there is hard facts to the contrary. I took it down though.

3 hours ago, WSU151 said:

That shade of blue has been the color of the Wolves' blue jersey for 20+ years and the other colors never blended in with it.  I would be highly surprised if the lighter blue was completely absent. Other teams use lighter blue/navy blue just fine (even if it is overused).  Plus, there's really no need to look like the Seahawks.  

While I'm not thrilled with this rebrand, I would actually prefer that the Wolves stick with just navy, neon green, and white (and maybe silver).  The two-tone blue not only looks dated, but it also muddles up their look.  I don't really care that they've been using that lighter blue for 20+ years; this is supposed to be a total rebrand and part of a rebrand is dropping things that need to be dropped.  Sticking with just one blue (preferably the navy blue, as it goes better with the neon green) would make their identity look less muddled. 

I don't understand the issue about them sharing a color scheme with the Seattle Seahawks.  We are talking about a color scheme that is relatively rare in pro sports, and would certainly be unique in the NBA.  I don't get these inter-sport sharing of color scheme complaints.  When the Nets rebranded, I remember a lot of complaints, but I don't recall anyone saying, "They look too much like the White Sox with that color scheme," because, well, different league, different sport.  Teams in different sports are allowed to share color schemes, and more power to them if they are at least unique color schemes in general. There is nothing wrong with that.

17 hours ago, jdthrillinger said:

LMAO!

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Archived