Minnesota Timberwolves

Soblito

1 hour ago, BrandMooreArt said:

at this point it seems strange to criticize the concept when we're talking about one of the logos being a roundel. but, the "angry mascot over angry wordmark" idea is probably the most cliche in sports identity history. (maybe an interlocking monogram). it is at least out of style; very 90s type of design. the new one isn't timeless, but at least its not that and its certainly better constructed. if trends change, the new logo can be pulled apart and repurposed forever while the old logo was never any good to begin with. 

Yes!  I am glad it's kind of going away in college football helmets too 

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the new logos are really good.  I was fond of the old logo, but it was very 90s.  The lighter blue (which is the current blue, apparently) really adds to the set.  Hopefully the uniforms live up to expecations.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

6 minutes ago, bowld said:

Assume the uniforms will have wordmarks similar to this-

8.png

22.png

Untitled-1.png

Please excuse my ignorance of it has already been mentioned, but will the unis have both blues or will it be just the moonlight blue, aurora green, and moonlight gray?

Do NBA teams have to have a white uniform? I don't know and was just wondering because I think the TWolves could pull off a grey uniform  to wear against dark, navy blue on the road and the light blue alt.

Do NBA teams have to have a white uniform? I don't know and was just wondering because I think the TWolves could pull off a grey uniform  to wear against dark, navy blue on the road and the light blue alt.

5 minutes ago, bowld said:

Could this be the number font or is this just a generic tee?

TWOLVES_TOWNS_NAVY_POSSESION_NN_TEE_BACK

Just a generic tee. Almost all of the shirts, sweatshirts, etc. on the site right now are generic because they aren't able to show the more official Nike merchandise until they officially take over from Adidas this summer. I wouldn't read into any of the shirts and stuff all that much. Other than seeing all of the possible logo applications and the official wordmark and such, the apparel on the site right now isn't all that indicative of what we can expect to see on the uniforms.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

I like that the wolf's face appears to be . . . wait for it . . . wolf grey.

*DUCKS*

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Archived