Best looking college hockey jerseys/uniforms?

Luke_Groundrunner

6 hours ago, M4One said:

Western Mustangs from Ontario.  Could live without the logo and Under Armour logo on the socks.  I didn't even know they were into hockey.

wes-whky-anthem16.jpg

In the picture above, along with changing the socks like you suggest, lose the 'Western University' circle and enlarge the W/horse/Mustangs logo inside the circle.

"Western Mustangs ... didn't know they were into hockey".  One phrase you'd never here in Thunder Bay with Western being our chief hockey rival.

Here's a site showing Western's hockey jerseys from 1923/24 to 2012/13:

http://metrasmuseum.ca/team-photos/mens-ice-hockey/

Can dig through the team site "archived stories" for the current/more recent ones.

http://www.westernmustangs.ca/archives.aspx?path=mhockey

"Just when I thought you'd said the stupidest thing, you keep on talking" - Hank Hill

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, greyraven8 said:

In the picture above, along with changing the socks like you suggest, lose the 'Western University' circle and enlarge the W/horse/Mustangs logo inside the circle.

"Western Mustangs ... didn't know they were into hockey".  One phrase you'd never here in Thunder Bay with Western being our chief hockey rival.

Here's a site showing Western's hockey jerseys from 1923/24 to 2012/13:

http://metrasmuseum.ca/team-photos/mens-ice-hockey/

Can dig through the team site "archived stories" for the current/more recent ones.

http://www.westernmustangs.ca/archives.aspx?path=mhockey

I think he meant UA and hockey, not UWO and hockey. 

That Mustangs look is great. greyraven8's right about losing the roundel, but it's still very good as-is. Much better than the black-accented stuff they sported when I was there.

On 8/28/2016 at 0:10 AM, chcarlson23 said:

I don't know when or for what Notre Dame wore these, but they are Outstanding!!!

8496181.jpeg

I prefer these. Gotta love the metallic gold helmets.

140104-21391509.jpg

Also, it's crazy how much Northeastern adding 1 outline improves on the Flyers' template. If Philadelphia fixed their nameplates and added a black outine like this they'd have a top 5 set in the league.

031916hockeyeastjw07.jpg?itok=RtcGp2TA

4 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

I prefer these. Gotta love the metallic gold helmets.

140104-21391509.jpg

Also, it's crazy how much Northeastern adding 1 outline improves on the Flyers' template. If Philadelphia fixed their nameplates and added a black outine like this they'd have a top 5 set in the league.

031916hockeyeastjw07.jpg?itok=RtcGp2TA

And had yokes wide enough to fit 2 digit numbers

They aren't the only ones wearing it, but I love the simple, no frills look Bemidji State uses 

500.jpg

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

Michigan - hockey city classic 2015. I really like the 'M' in the yellow circle look

michigan.jpg

Michigan tech - Great Lakes invitational 2013. Love the look of the Huskies in cream

michigan trch.jpg

St. Cloud State - Throwback 2009. A unique all around jersey that I think looks good on them. I love the Huskies current jerseys too but think they're just Chicago remakes.

st cloud vintage.jpg

Minnesota State Mankato - Alt 2013-14. I dont understand why they discontinued this uniform I think it looked really good on the Mavs.

mankato.jpg

Minnesota Duluth - Home 2011-13. They discontinued it to add their main logo on the home, but IMO this jersey is better

duluth.jpg

Mercyhurst - Current Road. I love this color scheme and I think it looks great on Mercyhurst

mercyhurst.jpg

Princeton - Current Road. I love the Montreal style on them and the logo suits it well, not to mention the colors pop.

princeton.jpg

Also Princeton - Throwback 2013. I like the vintage look and I think that they should bring this back as a permanent 3rd jersey

princeton2.jpg

ITT: Every hockey school.

But seriously:

umass-lowell-chiefs-game-used-worn_1_4a0

This is from when UMass-Lowell was ULowell and the River Hawks were the Chiefs. I like the school name and nickname down the sleeves and the number on the chest. It's a bit different from what is or ever has been typical. and still looks good.

12368341l.jpg

12138531l.jpg

I've always been a fan of Vermont's look, and I like how they use the UVM abbreviation. I used to think it was an old abbreviation for Vermont that just never got changed by the school, but it's actually an abbreviation of Universitas Viridis Montis, or University of the Green Mountains.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

1 hour ago, AndrewPF said:

ITT: Every hockey school.

But seriously:

umass-lowell-chiefs-game-used-worn_1_4a0

This is from when UMass-Lowell was ULowell and the River Hawks were the Chiefs. I like the school name and nickname down the sleeves and the number on the chest. It's a bit different from what is or ever has been typical. and still looks good.

Now if you take that uniform, make the shoulder yokes blue, change the font to Impact, and slap a River Hawk head on there, you've got a winner.

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

On 8/29/2016 at 7:24 AM, stumpygremlin said:

I can tell you who it isn't, and it makes me sad: my alma mater UMass Lowell

uml-console.jpg

Zack-Kamrass.jpg

1260-UM6500X-UMSG-Grey?$PDPMain$

As a fellow UML guy, I think the last revision was a huge upgrade (particularly with regard to the name & number font), but the wordmark on the chest is holding them back from looking great.  And the Rowdy alternate logo isn't much better.

I liked the vertically arched "Lowell" workmark set.  Would love to see them adapt that to the current UA template they are using.

patriotssignature.png

2 hours ago, Beantown77 said:

As a fellow UML guy, I think the last revision was a huge upgrade (particularly with regard to the name & number font), but the wordmark on the chest is holding them back from looking great.  And the Rowdy alternate logo isn't much better.

I liked the vertically arched "Lowell" workmark set.  Would love to see them adapt that to the current UA template they are using.

My problem with UML's number font is that it's a standard UA catalog font, Premier. I liked it when they used Impact on the set before the current one because it fit with the font in the school's wordmarks.

under-armour-sublimated-number-fonts.png

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

Archived