MLB Changes 2017

TVIXX

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Dra--- said:

Does it make any sense to add the Friar to the face of the jersey itself? Too gaudy?

The Blue Jays are the only team that comes to mind that can pull off the "logo under the wordmark" treatment. The Friar works perfectly on the sleeve. No need to put him anywhere else.

On 12/2/2016 at 0:22 PM, bosrs1 said:

It's as dull and bland as the blue and white. You need a third color to go with blue or brown.

Not really. Think Yankees, White Sox, Tigers, but with brown and white. It would look sharp and unique. The problem with navy and white is navy is used by too many teams already, including a couple navy and white teams. Brown and white makes it interesting and unique. 

1 hour ago, Ray Lankford said:

Is there a rule against teams wearing white undershirts. Now I'm thinking that if the Padres want to streamline, they might as well go full Color Rush with it and go all white. White undershirts, white shoes, even white compression sleeves.

I don't know about undershirts, but, McCutchen has worn a white compression sleeve before. 

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

2 hours ago, Ray Lankford said:

Is there a rule against teams wearing white undershirts. Now I'm thinking that if the Padres want to streamline, they might as well go full Color Rush with it and go all white. White undershirts, white shoes, even white compression sleeves.

Yes, pitchers aren't allowed to wear any white accessory, so white undershirts aren't possible. 

spacer.png

16 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

The Blue Jays are the only team that comes to mind that can pull off the "logo under the wordmark" treatment. The Friar works perfectly on the sleeve. No need to put him anywhere else.

Yep. When the Jays switched to the neoclassic set, I wished they moved the patch to the sleeve. It would probably work well on the sleeve and be more natural on the sleeve. However, it works on the body specifically because it's the Blue Jays and it's what they did for several years in which they were great, including two titles. If any other team tried to do it, it would look awful.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived