MLB Changes 2017

TVIXX

howard-ua.png

(photoshop by Jim Adair, CrossingBroad.com)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, CitizenTino said:

Unfortunately, the reason most here are bothered by UA putting their logo on the chest instead of the sleeve is the exact reason they're doing it: It's a lot harder to ignore.

If you're an apparel company spending tons of cash to be a uniform supplier for one of the big four sports leagues, you want as much visibility possible in order to maximize the return on your hefty investment.

Yeah, but then it´s just strange that fanatics will make the replicas jerseys where there will be no UA logo.

well considering the contract calls for the logo on the (viewer's) RIGHT side, it would be placed above the NY, so it may look better if it just replaced it.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

well considering the contract calls for the logo on the (viewer's) RIGHT side, it would be placed above the NY, so it may look better if it just replaced it.

It never said viewers right.  It said right side of chest, which I take as right front/shoulder of the player.  So the left chest team logo jerseys (Yankees, Washington, etc) are balanced.

This may actually be worse news for me than the NBA news.   I hate the NBA news and each team having a different corporate sponsor is an extra step into the nightmare than a manufacturer logo.  But this looks really, really bad.  It's messing with a uniform that I guess I hold more dear than NBA uniforms.  MLB has always gone low-profile on-field with nothing on its hat and a pretty hard-to-notice sleeve logo (dating back through Russell and Rawlings).  This is really jarring and I am kind of at the point where I think the big leagues should just rip off the band-aid and go full Euro-hockey.  I think I'd rather see that than watch it progress over 10 to 20 years.

On the boards here (and I think some portion of fans in general) there's a lot of debate about Nike/Adidas/Under Armor, etc.  I have no such loyalty.   I always wondered whether anyone thought it was "lame" that MLB jerseys had such a "nothing" manufacturer.  I loved it.  Everyone (even "regular" fans) knows who sponsors NFL jerseys and most college uniforms.  I'd wager that 9 out of 10 fans at an MLB game don't even know who "Majestic" is.  And there's no way Under Armor can do anything that makes up for the loss of that situation; that little barely-noticeable logo on the bottom of the left sleeve. Without a doubt, Majestic goes down as my favorite manufacturer (or, rather, my favorite manufacturer situation) since the good ol' days of not having any logo creep.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

1 hour ago, AstroBull21 said:

It never said viewers right.  It said right side of chest, which I take as right front/shoulder of the player.  So the left chest team logo jerseys (Yankees, Washington, etc) are balanced.

I thought I read that on one of the artlcles that came out last night. Guess it could have been mistaken. It would be consistent with college placement though. 

Archived