College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

buckeye

2 hours ago, abanta said:

Quick thoughts:

Does the yellow of the helmet look different than the jersey to anyone else?

The inconsistency of the wing templates is annoying. These wings are by far the worst IMO.

White cleats seem out of place.

Likely just the lighting and the effect it has on the different materials of the lids and jerseys. The jerseys are the exact same shade of yellow as the pants, and the helmets seemed to match those pretty well in the season opener:

06ADC2DF-DD7F-4A3C-9CC2-3C34F07DB67F.thumb.jpeg.a9b1ecafb04ec765f88244f541622aed.jpegC50617DE-D110-4FAD-8BDA-D90B1FA0B97D.thumb.jpeg.dca7eab19530e1f3d6c8da4941a253ea.jpeg68C9838E-0AB8-4C26-A12E-CCB8DFDCEECC.thumb.jpeg.36eaf52dfa63fe9ce71d9348a8ffe3b2.jpeg

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, upperV03 said:

You realize the wing pattern on the current yellow jerseys is actually black, right? It’s sublimated onto the yellow fabric, which is why it can appear slightly greenish from certain angles and in certain lighting. But the pattern is most definitely black, or at least intended to be black.

They're 100% different jerseys, you can see very clearly in the first set of images. They show the wings and black logo right next to each other, very clearly not the same.

xsryUiB.jpg

Not lighting

1 minute ago, VikingsNotMinnesota said:

They're 100% different jerseys, you can see very clearly in the first set of images. They show the wings and black logo right next to each other, very clearly not the same.

Trust me, they’re the exact same jerseys. The black wing pattern is sublimated onto the fabric, and therefore has a sort of faded effect, making it look slightly greenish in certain lighting. Since so many people seem to think the wings look green, I even contacted one of my buddies connected with the football program and he was able to confirm to me (though I never really had any doubt) that these jerseys are indeed the exact same as last season, and that the wing pattern is still black, not green.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 minute ago, Duck_Duck said:

If something "is" black, but "looks" green... Isn't it green?  

If someone “is” white , but “looks” Hispanic... Isn’t he/she Hispanic? No. And the answer to your question is no, too. The fact is that the graphic print was sublimated using black ink, meaning it “is” black, even if it may “look” green in certain lighting conditions.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Idk man...I'm guessing these are new jerseys with green wings. Based on how every other uniform has managed to incorporate green, yellow, and black into them (aside from the DB unis) I'd guess these are this year's version. We might see them later now able to be paired with green helmets. 

21 minutes ago, BigDmo said:

Idk man...I'm guessing these are new jerseys with green wings. Based on how every other uniform has managed to incorporate green, yellow, and black into them (aside from the DB unis) I'd guess these are this year's version. We might see them later now able to be paired with green helmets. 

They don’t even use forest green anymore, so even if the wings *were* green (which they aren’t, and my buddy who’s connected with the football program has been able to confirm that to me), they wouldn’t even be the right shade of green. Trust me, the wings are black, and the jerseys are the same as the ones used last season.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 hour ago, VikingsNotMinnesota said:

xsryUiB.jpg

Not lighting

The wings sure as hell look green but I think it's our eyes playing tricks on us because they are faded/distressed and we have other objects in the picture which are very obviously black. I would love for the wings to be green but I'd be surprised if they were (and disappointed they aren't wearing any other green in this uniform)

45 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

If someone “is” white , but “looks” Hispanic... Isn’t he/she Hispanic? No. And the answer to your question is no, too. The fact is that the graphic print was sublimated using black ink, meaning it “is” black, even if it may “look” green in certain lighting conditions.

That's a question of race and ethnicity, not color.  Apples and oranges.

The sky isn't "actually" blue, but it looks blue so effectively to us it is blue.

That jersey may be printed with black ink, but the end result is a pattern that looks green and so to us, it is effectively green.  They could have used pink ink for all I care, but the end result sure looks green. It's green.

5 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

Both are absolutely terrible and the epitome of what is wrong with adidas in the college game. Tinfoil numbers, tonal color logos, chrome, word marks on the pants, "blackout" versus "iced out." Both are completely knee deep in the flavor of the month fads and already look outdated.

This is what Louisville should be wearing (template aside). Classic stripes on helmet, jersey, and pants. Classic drop shadow number font (though I would even accept the current font if it meant getting the stripes back).

1871u08mimu6njpg.jpg

2013-uofl-cardinals-red-football-uniform

Allstate+Sugar+Bowl+Louisville+v+Florida

NC State similarly can hardly go wrong, but boy did they sure find a way with this set.

20131102_ajw_bk1_149.0_standard_783.0.jp

1397544_1280x720.jpg

jacoby-brissett-ncaa-football-north-caro

tonight, both of these look like poop, especially ncstate, burnt poop 

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

I saw this today and it sums up my thoughts on the shark-jump world of uniforms we live in:

79mq8eivb1qz.jpg

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

23 minutes ago, Duck_Duck said:

That's a question of race and ethnicity, not color.  Apples and oranges.

The sky isn't "actually" blue, but it looks blue so effectively to us it is blue.

That jersey may be printed with black ink, but the end result is a pattern that looks green and so to us, it is effectively green.  They could have used pink ink for all I care, but the end result sure looks green. It's green.

Just because something looks a certain way, doesn’t mean it actually is that way. Since this whole argument is largely an issue with lighting and appearance, this analogy should be appropriate here. Using your logic, If someone thought “the dress” looked white and gold, it would be white and gold to them, even though it was proven to be blue and black. The dress actually is blue and black, regardless of its appearance in the picture that swept across the globe a few years ago. In the case of the pattern on the Ducks’ jerseys, the pattern is black, even if it can appear slightly greenish in certain lighting conditions. When the

jerseys were designed, the pattern was black, and it was sublimated onto the jersey using black ink, so therefore it is black, regardless of its appearance. Here, look at this simple gradient which I created using only yellow and black:

2595CEBE-3A6D-4123-9297-94DAC8F3DE7B.thumb.png.bfe22ec0e9b6922e22e3b6c4bd08bf16.png

This gradient has a similar effect as the wing pattern on the jerseys, where you can see a greenish looking shade in the middle, even though the only two colors actually represented in the gradient are yellow and black. It’s the same thing on the jerseys since the wing pattern is black, and the fabric it’s sublimated onto is yellow, so the only two colors actually represented are yellow and black, not green. Sure, the wing pattern can look slightly greenish in certain conditions, but the simple fact is that it’s black sublimated onto yellow fabric. Ignoring that is ignoring the simple facts. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

37 minutes ago, lahaye7 said:

tonight, both of these look like poop, especially ncstate, burnt poop 

Louisville would be fine with a satin helmet and full color stickers. NC State . . . They should have worn the white helmets, regular red jerseys and white pants.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

18 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Louisville would be fine with a satin helmet and full color stickers. NC State . . . They should have worn the white helmets, regular red jerseys and white pants.

Louisville looks fine, but Nc state is just :wacko:. I agree  w/ white/red/white 

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

Just because something looks a certain way, doesn’t mean it actually is that way. Since this whole argument is largely an issue with lighting and appearance, this analogy should be appropriate here. Using your logic, If someone thought “the dress” looked white and gold, it would be white and gold to them, even though it was proven to be blue and black. The dress actually is blue and black, regardless of its appearance in the picture that swept across the globe a few years ago. In the case of the pattern on the Ducks’ jerseys, the pattern is black, even if it can appear slightly greenish in certain lighting conditions. When the

jerseys were designed, the pattern was black, and it was sublimated onto the jersey using black ink, so therefore it is black, regardless of its appearance. Here, look at this simple gradient which I created using only yellow and black:

2595CEBE-3A6D-4123-9297-94DAC8F3DE7B.thumb.png.bfe22ec0e9b6922e22e3b6c4bd08bf16.png

This gradient has a similar effect as the wing pattern on the jerseys, where you can see a greenish looking shade in the middle, even though the only two colors actually represented in the gradient are yellow and black. It’s the same thing on the jerseys since the wing pattern is black, and the fabric it’s sublimated onto is yellow, so the only two colors actually represented are yellow and black, not green. Sure, the wing pattern can look slightly greenish in certain conditions, but the simple fact is that it’s black sublimated onto yellow fabric. Ignoring that is ignoring the simple facts. 

What color is this:

IMG_3366.PNG 

Black? Because I pulled straight from your gradient and it sure doesn't look black to me.

Which is my point... Purple is made from mixing blue and red. Whatever they did on those jerseys (black ink on yellow fabric?) produced green wings.  This isn't a "what color is the dress" situation.

Archived