College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

buckeye

Unlike the past couple years when starting this thread, is it just me or does it seem quiet on the uniform front for next season so far. By now, I've usually been able to see some changes already announced, but I can't seem to recall or find anything for 2017. I am a couple days earlier than usual when starting this but thought why not... Any who, let's get everyone's favorite topic going and see where we stand for next season. Fire away...

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, buckeye said:

Unlike the past couple years when starting this thread, is it just me or does it seem quiet on the uniform front for next season so far. By now, I've usually been able to see some changes already announced, but I can't seem to recall or find anything for 2017. I am a couple days earlier than usual when starting this but thought why not... Any who, let's get everyone's favorite topic going and see where we stand for next season. Fire away...

IIRC, schools have been unveiling next year's unis around spring ball and their scrimmages. I too am looking forward to UA/UCLA (hope they start wearing gold pants on the road, Clarendon font and stop with the black/grey/steel baloney) 

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

10 minutes ago, lahaye7 said:

IIRC, schools have been unveiling next year's unis around spring ball and their scrimmages. I too am looking forward to UA/UCLA (hope they start wearing gold pants on the road, Clarendon font and stop with the black/grey/steel baloney) 

Maybe lighten the blue by a shade or two as well.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

2 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

California will be joining UA as well. The original uniform that was rolled out was a throwback to their 1983 style look. It may not be the finished product though as proven by Wisconsin. 

RsUxk14.0.0.jpg

Maybe we'll see a change in the bear logo?  I'm guessing the logo now belongs to the school/athletic department, but that was a big Nike design.  Those jerseys are pretty nice in their simplicity.  No huge gold collars.

Supposedly Georgia is moving to the Mach Speed template next year. Unknown what the changes, if any, will be. It's Kirby Smart's first change to put a stamp on the program. He did away with the bones on the back of the helmet this season. They kept the same uniforms and added a black jersey to the rotation this past year.

I would predict the jerseys would either be the exact same, just on a new template, or a simplification such as the removal of contrasting cuffs and collars. There won't be any radical changes. Perhaps we'll also see the reintroduction of red britches occasionally on the road. That would be nice.

11 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

Supposedly Georgia is moving to the Mach Speed template next year. Unknown what the changes, if any, will be. It's Kirby Smart's first change to put a stamp on the program. He did away with the bones on the back of the helmet this season. They kept the same uniforms and added a black jersey to the rotation this past year.

I would predict the jerseys would either be the exact same, just on a new template, or a simplification such as the removal of contrasting cuffs and collars. There won't be any radical changes. Perhaps we'll also see the reintroduction of red britches occasionally on the road. That would be nice.

Isn't next year the year that shiny silver britches come back?

23 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Isn't next year the year that shiny silver britches come back?

They've been talking about this for years. People within our athletic department first said shortly after the uniforms were released in 2013 that they were absolutely coming the second year of this template (2014). Then, 2014 rolled around and the story had changed that it was hard for Nike to manufacturer the shiny silver and still use the advanced and lightweight materials. That's why you see teams like the Cowboys and Raiders with shiny silver pants but they are the old style, heavy materials. Slowly, the story just went away. I'll believe it when I see it. Personally, I'm indifferent to whether they have a sheen or not. My gripe with the current pants is they are too light of a gray. They almost just look dirty. Darken them a shade or two, and I'd be perfectly happy with that, even if they weren't shiny. I'm pretty sure the "silver britches" they wore during the Herschel Walker era when they first became popular were just matte gray.

I'm not sure this is all that newsworthy but Florida got a bunch of Jordan brand gear in advance of their bowl game this year so that had some people in team circles wondering if Florida would be switching to Jordan brand full-time but I guess they will not be.  Whether they do or don't, I think the uniforms need some kind of refresh.

IUe6Hvh.png

14 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Switching back to standard block numbers would help.

Or italicizing the numbers like the basketball team.  I'm not sure if the fonts are the exact same, italics aside, but they work much better on the basketball uniforms.

florida-gators-camo-jersey.jpeg

They also need to get the striping situation figured out.

IUe6Hvh.png

According to a friend of mine (who is a very reliable source) Arizona should be in line for getting new uniforms next season, will be interesting to see if they

do and what they decide to go with.

a2BRS8U.png

13 minutes ago, H11K said:

According to a friend of mine (who is a very reliable source) Arizona should be in line for getting new uniforms next season, will be interesting to see if they

do and what they decide to go with.

Man I hope so. The gradient look is awful. Sad to see it extended to the basketball program, so I'm not sure if they'll dump it altogether 

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Just now, Clintau24 said:

Man I hope so. The gradient look is awful. Sad to see it extended to the basketball program, so I'm not sure if they'll dump it altogether 

I wouldn't call it awful, just poorly executed. Especially since they use separate lines of color that fade down instead of blending it. I know Rich Rod was pissed when he couldn't do the gradient numbers, and that really messed the whole look up. So I bet we will see something more traditional.

a2BRS8U.png

Archived