College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

buckeye

52 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if they're testing out this new font to see how people respond to it. The current font that debuted at the 2015 Alamo Bowl hasn't been received super well, so I'd think they'd wanna try to come up with a new font that has a more positive reception. I could see something like this new font being used in seasons to come, but I'm still expecting them to revert back to the 2012-2015 font for this season's uniforms, just based off of this year's Spring Game uniforms, the helmet numbers on the new white helmets that they've been wearing during fall camp, and the new apple green shirsey that's on the Duck Store website.

Hopefully they do.  These new ones just don't have enough weight to them for my liking.  They had the perfect weight for the Speed Machine and Mach Speed sets but they started getting too skinny and generic on the Vapor Untouchable ones.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Miami's green and black alternates look just like the retail leaks

DG4ifBQUQAEhsWP.jpg

DG4ikbUUQAIjjh9.jpg

Sadly they decided to go with a black helmet on the "Miami Nights" uniforms. Green is being called "State of Miami" for what it's worth (absolutely nothing, actually)

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

15 hours ago, Webfooter said:

Found another player with jersey numbers similar to Freeman's.  So far, those are the only two I can find with it.  Considering the new practice jerseys and font were mentioned in the latest practice report, I'd say this will likely be the new font going forward.  Really wish they'd go back to the font from the Speed Machine and Mach Speed Mariota-era jerseys.Image may contain: one or more people, people playing sports, football and outdoor

I wouldn't be surprised if they're testing out a new number application for the future, or if these are specially made to be distinguishable on practice film. The latter would make a lot of sense.

On 6/7/2017 at 1:09 PM, Clintau24 said:

One more Auburn note: This season marks 125 years of football. I theorized that they would honor the milestone a few weeks ago. Now they've released the logo for the season. No word if it'll show up on the uniforms, but I expect it, at the very least, be placed on the back of the helmets.

125 years football.jpg

Update: This logo will not be worn whatsoever by Auburn - no jersey patch, no helmet decal.

ojNNazQ.jpg

3 hours ago, Clintau24 said:

Miami's green and black alternates look just like the retail leaks

DG4ifBQUQAEhsWP.jpg

DG4ikbUUQAIjjh9.jpg

Sadly they decided to go with a black helmet on the "Miami Nights" uniforms. Green is being called "State of Miami" for what it's worth (absolutely nothing, actually)

Those. Are. Terrible.

I only like the Sebastian on the gloves, it gives them that "U" feel. To be honest, they look like very high quality practice jerseys. Hopefully they get some Orange throwbacks or something of that nature. Maybe a all white? Who cares. These very well might be ONE OF Adidas' worst uniform designs of all time. 

51 minutes ago, noleseveryday said:

Those. Are. Terrible.

I only like the Sebastian on the gloves, it gives them that "U" feel. To be honest, they look like very high quality practice jerseys. Hopefully they get some Orange throwbacks or something of that nature. Maybe a all white? Who cares. These very well might be ONE OF Adidas' worst uniform designs of all time. 

All of adidas BFBS jerseys look the same for most teams or maybe it is just me. All it seems they do is swap out the logos and thats it; The only team that looks different to me in black is NC State and that is because of the weird thing they did on the shoulder ; Also the NC State look is much worse..if you want to get in a competition about bad adidas looks, i can bring up MANY that are worse than the Miami look ; These are also just additional alternates for Miami. They still have the all white and orange jerseys/pants as well ; 

adidasFballUS_x_Rutgers_Stadium_Lights___Front2.0.jpg

d070b455a19a48feb360098892a15197-3d90d1631c0a4821802f82d21e9b928d-0.jpg

BwZe23kIAAANsb5.jpg

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

25 minutes ago, djam2410 said:

All of adidas BFBS jerseys look the same for most teams or maybe it is just me. All it seems they do is swap out the logos and thats it; The only team that looks different to me in black is NC State and that is because of the weird thing they did on the shoulder ; Also the NC State look is much worse..if you want to get in a competition about bad adidas looks, i can bring up MANY that are worse than the Miami look ; These are also just additional alternates for Miami. They still have the all white and orange jerseys/pants as well ; 

Truth. Those Miami alternates are only for one game each. Green vs Toledo and black vs Georgia Tech (Thursday night game for the whole nation to see). Orange/white, white/orange or all white the rest of the season. And the Miami all blacks do look better than other Adidas offerings.

2 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

For shame, UNC.

IMG_1113.JPG

IMG_1114.JPG

The moral here is that it's ok to use the student athletes as literal billboards while they are practicing in front of :censored:ing nobody, but attempting to independently make money off of their own athletic ability destroys the amateur spirit of college football and they need to be made an example of :)

21 minutes ago, jerrylawless3 said:

TSU unveils new poster with a new, plain, blue helmet. It was reported earlier that it would have decals, but you'd think they'd have them for the photo shoot. 

I understand shipping difficulties and all, but if there's going to be decals, this is just lazy. At the very least Photoshop them on.

ojNNazQ.jpg

Archived