Official 2004 NFL Uniform Press Release

TruColor

NEW DUDS! Bengals, Colts & Falcons To Sport New Uniforms In 2004

They?ve got a new wardrobe!

Three teams ? the Bengals, Colts and Falcons ? will introduce uniform changes in 2004

CINCINNATI BENGALS: Their new home jersey is black with orange sleeves and black tiger stripes on the shoulders. A white strip runs up the sides of the jersey nearly to the end of the sleeves. The Bengals? away jersey is white with orange shoulders with black tiger stripes and black sleeves. The team has added a pair of black pants to the traditional white, with both pants sporting orange and black tiger stripes up the sides. Cincinnati also added orange-topped socks to their uniform as an option to the current black socks.

The Bengals will also show off a new logo this season (above), using a block-letter ?B? with white trim and black and white tiger stripes as their primary mark. Cincinnati head coach MARVIN LEWIS hopes the ?movement, speed and energy? in the design of the new uniform and logo will serve as symbols of how he wants his team to play.

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS: There will be subtle changes in their 2004 uniform. The re-design will include a darker shade of blue in the jersey, a return to the team?s traditional deep hue. In addition, the Colts are changing the color of their face mask from blue to gray.

?I?m kind of an old-school guy and I was very, very happy to go along with this,? says Colts head coach TONY DUNGY. ?I think it brings us back a little bit closer to our roots.?

ATLANTA FALCONS: The team has chosen to make its red jersey (formerly its third jersey) the home jersey for 2004. Their black jersey, which served as their home jersey in 2003, will now become the third jersey.

Also in 2004, the JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS will wear black pants on the road, instead of the white they wore previously.

2004 THIRD JERSEYS

Some teams will wear a third jersey this season:

TEAM COLOR - DATE(S)

Atlanta - Black - 11/28

Baltimore - Black - 11/7

Carolina - Panthers Blue - 10/24 & 11/28

Cincinnati - Orange - TBA

Cleveland - Orange - 11/21

Denver - Orange - 11/28

Houston - Red - 10/31 & 11/28

Jacksonville - Black - 12/5

New England - Silver - 12/12

Philadelphia - Black - TBA

San Diego - Powder Blue - 10/10

Tennessee - Titans Blue - 10/17 & 12/13

2004 TEAM PATCHES

Some teams will wear special uniform patches this year:

? Arizona Cardinals: Memorial patch for the late Pat Tillman and No. 40 (Tillman?s number) helmet decal.

? Carolina Panthers: 10th anniversary.

? Jacksonville Jaguars: 10th anniversary.

? New York Giants: 80th anniversary.

? St. Louis Rams: 10th anniversary of move to St. Louis.

2004 SPECIAL GAME BALLS

? All NFL Openers: Will use ?NFL Kickoff 2004? footballs

? Carolina Panthers: 10th anniversary football in home opener.

? Jacksonville Jaguars: 10th anniversary football in home opener.

NFL LEADS ESPN?S 25TH ANNIVERSARY ?TOP TEAMS? LIST

It?s their 25th anniversary, and ESPN has chosen its ?Top Teams? of the past 25 years.

The sport with the most teams on the list? The NFL with six, ranging from the ?79 Steelers to the ?94 49ers.

ESPN?s best NFL teams of the past quarter century, and what they won:

TEAM - HONORS

1985 Chicago Bears - Won Super Bowl XX

1989 San Francisco 49ers - Won Super Bowl XXIV

1984 San Francisco 49ers - Won Super Bowl XIX

1979 Pittsburgh Steelers - Won Super Bowl XIV

1994 San Francisco 49ers - Won Super Bowl XXIX

1992 Dallas Cowboys Won - Super Bowl XXVII

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ATLANTA FALCONS: The team has chosen to make its red jersey (formerly its third jersey) the home jersey for 2004. Their black jersey, which served as their home jersey in 2003, will now become the third jersey.

Wow, I don't remember hearing about that one. Guess well have to wait and see how it looks as a home jersey (As in, will we get sick of seeing it, etc.)

They said nothing about the Steelers wearing gold jerseys. *whew*

I don't think we'll be seeing thirds from any team that has a history to be proud of (Packers, Bears, Steelers, Raiders, etc).

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

Ugh, my beloved Pats are wearing the highly-overrated silver unis again. I like 'em, but if you're gonna wear a 3rd, wear the red throwback. The Pats Pro Shop just released 2 new player throwback jerseys of Richard Seymour and Rodney Harrison. C'mon, let's see those throwbacks again! Better yet, I wanna the the white throwbacks they wore back in 1994. THOSE were classic!

I wonder if the Pack have enough time to do something to commemorate Mark Hatley this season.

Given that we added a "3" in a football for Tony Canadeo within a week of his death last year, I'd say there's time.

I'd also say it won't happen, as Mark Hatley isn't as big to the Packers history as Tony Canadeo. I know that sounds rough, but I can't figure a better way to put it.

It's where I sit.

Yes, reebok musta cut a deal with ESPN 2K5, because they have the following street jerseys, well they call them alternates, but nobody is going to wear them.

Lions silver

Packers gold

Vikings Gold (probably the ugliest things ever)

Bears Orange

Bucs Black

49ers Gold

Rams Gold

Cardinals Navy (the dumbest idea ever)

Raiders Silver

Miami Navy (acutally looks ok)

Giants Red (basically the qb practice jersey)

I probably missed one or two, but as you can see, they werent short on uni options.

yeah, there were. the rumor was the Buccos wanted to wear pewter jerseys last year, but the league rejected them saying they were 'too neutral.' and iirc teh steelers wanted a gold jersey but at the time (before 02 season) the league was only allowing alternates to be worn at home, they apparently haven't brought it up since.

and am i the only one who likes the pats' silver jerseys? :D

on a speculative note, the Raiders and Lions in all silver wouldn't look too bad, and the 49 in all gold would look real sharp...i'm serious!

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Didn't someone named JamesCraven suggest that the Pats wear a third jersey in RED with Pat Patriot on the sleeves?

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

Yes, reebok musta cut a deal with ESPN 2K5, because they have the following street jerseys, well they call them alternates, but nobody is going to wear them.

Lions silver

Packers gold

Vikings Gold (probably the ugliest things ever)

Bears Orange

Bucs Black

49ers Gold

Rams Gold

Cardinals Navy (the dumbest idea ever)

Raiders Silver

Miami Navy (acutally looks ok)

Giants Red (basically the qb practice jersey)

I probably missed one or two, but as you can see, they werent short on uni options.

the bears don't look terrible in the orange on the game. I hope it never ever happens. But they don't look bad with white pants.

peace,

pc

and am i the only one who likes the pats' silver jerseys? :D

you might be...

The thing about the Patriots silver alts is that they are just the white jerseys with a little shine to them. They just look like dirty road jerseys. If they're gonna go the alt route, at least use an obviously different color, or go darker with the silver so you can see that it's different from the road. It would be just like the Colts calling their new jersey an alt, even though it's a slight color shift. The silver jerseys are so light the opponents has to wear its dark jersey, because you can't distinguish white and light silver very much.

What the Pats should really do is wear a red alt, and not just a throwback.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Archived