Official 2004 NFL Uniform Press Release

TruColor

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Scarily enough though, I bought NFL 2K5 and in it, there is a uniform option entitled 2004 Third for the Packers. It's gold.

Doesn't mean it's actuallly going to be worn.

Don't believe everything you see in a video game.... :rolleyes:

sig1.gif

There's been talk all over the place that Madden 2005 has options for all kinds of fashion jerseys. Including the ridiculous Blue Cardinals jersey.

Just one more reason to hate video games...

(as if I needed more reasons)

What the Pats should really do is wear a red alt, and not just a throwback.

I still don't think it would be right for a team called the Patriots to wear red jerseys.

5s018.jpg

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

No offense, man, but you're waaaaaaaay over thinking things here.

None taken.

However, it looks like I'm not the only one who has over thought this:

Brian in Boston - 7 Posts Down

Except that outfitting in red a team named for Colonial American "patriots" makes absolutely NO sense. Their foes - the British forces - were known as the "Redcoats" and "Lobsterbacks". Blue was the predominant color of the uniforms worn by the Continental Army. Further, local militia units often didn't wear uniforms. One thing is certain, America's colonial-era "patriots" sure as hell didn't wear RED!

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

I just thought about this. This is the first time IN YEARS that a team hasn't made a change to their logo and/or helmet.

2003 - Falcons, Lions

2002 - Seahawks, Bills, Texans (Expansion though)

2001 - Patriots, Saints

2000 - Giants, Rams

1999 - Ravens, Titans

1998 - Jets

1997 - Broncos, Buccaneers, Dolphins

1996 - Eagles, 49ers

I just have to say I'm amazed

eh, I guess you could but I didn't think about it that way, oh well.

Not arguing with you, just thought I'd point it out.

Of course, it does mean I need a new Riddell Pocket Pro this year, so I consdier it a change!

It's where I sit.

Thanks for posting that.

I think it should be a federal law that every major league post a press release just like this before each season ! :grin:

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

• 2 weeks later...
Through the magic of the GIMP (a photoshop type program) i was able to make it possible

Whew, for a second there I thought you were talking about that guy with the mask in Pulp Fiction!!! :blink:

Wow, not even one response to my witty sarcasm. A plain "You suck, Blue Falcon" would have been sufficient. :wacko:

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

Eagles switching to black shoes this year. Not sure if that counts as a change to the uniform, but its something.

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/tra...il.jsp?id=13189

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The Vikings had a gold "alternate" jersey a couple years ago and I thought it looked pretty good. I bought a Culpepper one and alot of people ask were I got it. I would have liked to see them wear it in at least one game though, atleast to validate it as an alternate and not just a "street" jersey. Go Vikings.

There's been talk all over the place that Madden 2005 has options for all kinds of fashion jerseys.  Including the ridiculous Blue Cardinals jersey.

the list of street jerseys, Madden style:

Bears: orange on white

Giants: red jersey

Bucs: black on pewter

Rams: all gold

Raiders: all silver

Bengals: oddly enough, LAST year's fashion orange

for good measure, no Packers gold, no Vikings gold, no Lions silver (although it would look good), no Dolphins navy, no Niners gold (although again, looks good), and finally NO Cardinals blue :D

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived