The Pointless Realignment Outpost

Lee.

Screw geography, let's do the NFL again.

AFC North

Cincinnati

Kansas City

Miami

Tennessee

AFC South

Denver

Indianapolis

New England

Pittsburgh

AFC East

Baltimore

Houston

New York Jets

Oakland

AFC West

Buffalo

Cleveland

Jacksonville

San Diego

NFC South

Arizona

Carolina

Dallas

Tampa Bay

NFC East

Atlanta

New York Giants

St.Louis

Washington

NFC West

New Orleans

Philadelphia

San Francisco

Seattle

NFC North

Chicago

Detroit

Green Bay

Minnesota

(C'mon, you'd expect me to mess with the Norris division? Never.)

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

NFL (Geographical) (How I use to realign the NFL on old Maddens and NFL 2k5)

AFC (Western)

AFC East

Chicago

Detroit

Green Bay

Indianapolis

AFC North

Denver

Kansas City

Minnesota

St. Louis

AFC South

Arizona

Dallas

Houston

New Orleans

AFC West

Oakland

San Diego

San Francisco

Seattle

NFC (Eastern)

NFC East

NY Jets

NY Giants

Philadelphia

Pittsburgh (can be changed w/ New England)

NFC North

Buffalo

Cincinnati

Cleveland

New England (can be changed w/ Pittsburgh)

NFC South

Atlanta

Jacksonville

Miami

Tampa Bay

NFC West

Baltimore

Carolina

Tennessee

Washington

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

NFL (Geographical) (How I use to realign the NFL on old Maddens and NFL 2k5)

AFC (Western)

AFC East

Chicago

Detroit

Green Bay

Indianapolis

AFC North

Denver

Kansas City

Minnesota

St. Louis

SNIP

Thou have altered perfection. Thou shall pay the most irrevocable price thou will pay, DEATH!

*J/k

MofnV2z.png

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

Sorry to get kinda off topic, but Has anyone been able to realign divisions in Madden 11? I've always been cautious when relocating teams. I haven't gotten that far in franchise (5-6 seasons into it), but the steelers began to suck (I use all 32 teams and lost HOU & DET after season 2), so I put them in Boston, the best option financially.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Sorry to get kinda off topic, but Has anyone been able to realign divisions in Madden 11? I've always been cautious when relocating teams. I haven't gotten that far in franchise (5-6 seasons into it), but the steelers began to suck (I use all 32 teams and lost HOU & DET after season 2), so I put them in Boston, the best option financially.

Wwwwwhy?

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Only three cities offered deals to Pittsburgh: Puerto Rico, San Antonio, and Boston. BOS was closest to the other teams in the division. They are now they Boston Admirals, then Browns are the Virginia Bulldogs, Arizona has has some great seasons in Anaheim with no season worse than 8-8, Oakland is now Las Vegas, STL is now in Nebraska, Miami is now a second Buffalo team, and Dallas and Minnesota are on the verge of relocation. It's mainly based on 1). How close will they be to their division opponents, and 2). How much money the city is offering and for how long.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

lol EA logic, Buffalo can hold 2 teams but Miami can't hold one WTF? That's why I haven't played a single Madden since 2010.

Agreed. I guess the developers consider Orchard Park to be a bustling metropolis, or something. I mean, I've visited Ralph Wilson now, and it was a great experience, but given that Los Angeles hasn't had a single team since 1995, there's no way that (even virtually) Buffalo's metro area should be able to get 2 teams.

The game rates cities from 1-99 based on a tram's desire for that location. Unfortunately, every team has the same desire levels. For example, LA is ~99 while (if you choose to relocate the Redskins) Landover is a 12. San Juan, Puerto Rico as well as Mexico City are also high spots while Columbus, Orlando, and I think even NYC are in the mid 60's to high 70's. I think Dscruggy put it best when he called it 'EA Logic'.

IMO, the NHL is just begging for an overhaul, with too many southern or small market teams lacking a substantial fan base. This realignment/expansion favors moving many southern teams north, as well as adding two expansion teams to accommodate the new divisional alignment.

NHL Realignment

East

Atlantic

Boston Bruins

Buffalo Sabres

Hamilton Whalers (formely Florida Panthers; I realize that there are no whales anywhere near Hamilton, but it would kind of be like a Los Angeles Lakers or Arizona Cardinals situation in that the team name doesn't relate to the region but was carried over from a previous franchise.)

Montréal Canadiens

New York Islanders

New York Rangers

Québec Nordiques (formerly Columbus Blue Jackets)

Tampa Bay Lightning

Metropolitan

Carolina Hurricanes

New Jersey Devils

Ontario Legacy (expansion franchise; located in newly built arena in Markham, Ontario)

Ottawa Senators

Philadelphia Flyers

Pittsburgh Penguins

Toronto Maple Leafs

Washington Capitals

West

Central

Chicago Blackhawks

Dallas Stars

Detroit Red Wings

Kansas City Monarchs (expansion franchise)

Minnesota Wild

Nashville Predators

St. Louis Blues

Winnipeg Jets

Pacific

Anaheim Ducks

Colorado Avalanche

Calgary Flames

Edmonton Oilers

Los Angeles Kings

San Jose Sharks

Saskatoon (formerly Phoenix Coyotes; I had come up with a great team name for Saskatoon but it is escaping me at the moment. :/ )

Vancouver Canucks

25yzwqg.png

I realize that that the current Florida franchise was never in Hartford; in a perfect world, it would have been, but unfortunately it wasn't. I felt that because Hamilton begins with an "H", it would be appropriate to resurrect a former NHL team name to further replicate the "old NHL" in a way, considering the recent resurrection of the Winnipeg Jets and also the Québec Nordiques in this scenario.

The name would be just as appropriate as "Los Angeles Kings" or "New York Rangers" are in today's NFL. And to have that logo back would be oh so sweet.

All of that being said, the name of the Hamilton franchise wouldn't HAVE to be Whalers. That's just the only name that came to mind for a Hamilton-based franchise.

25yzwqg.png

AnythingChicago,

Did the NHL not realign itself this past off season? And you would move a team that's moderately successful in Columbus, to a city that was once abandoned by the league(although it is building a new coliseé that would place it mid-pack in the league)? If Québèc is to gain a new team, instead of the Blue Jackets, why not the Panthers? (Sorry Hamilton.)

MofnV2z.png

The recent NHL realignment was set up the way it was to pave paths to future expansion three, four years down the road, which is when I would expect some sort of expansion like the one I outlined in my proposal to take place.

Columbus's economy has suffered from the Blue Jackets' lack of profit. The team has been bottom 4 in attendance the past few years, further proving that the market for a hockey team in Columbus is too small to survive profitably.

Québec City is a much better NHL market. The province can certainly support a second team, and I assure you the attendence would be greater there than it is now in Columbus, especially when they move into the brand new Amphithreatre, but it would probably still be higher even if they had to play their first season in the artifact that is Colisée Pepsi.

25yzwqg.png

Being from Ohio, you wouldn't think the Jackets had poor attendance and was bringing the city down financially based on the Columbus news networks. If you were to watch them, they try as hard as they can to show something CBJ related, whether it be charity events the are holding or a signing of a vice co-assistant jr. water boy in training.

First off, Hamilton, Markham, Saskatoon, and Kansas City before Seattle & Portland? What's going through your mind? The Whalers name going to a city not bordered by an ocean and it being the Panthers and not the Hurricanes?

Ugh. I want to avoid insults. You need to work on your markets. Also, Canes will move before Columbus.

97uyh0.jpg

Bruh check out my last.fm

And my Rate Your Music

Fantasy Teams: Seattle Spacemen (CFA)

Signature credit to Silent Wind of Doom

Although I feel like Seattle would be a great NHL market, unlike the cities you listed above, it will not have an NHL suitable arena completed in three to four years. Once they build a new arena (which could be awhile considering the Kings are staying in Sacramento) I'm sure Bettman will make a serious push to relocate a team (such as the Canes or Predators) to Seattle.

As for Portland, while that would be a viable NHL market, it would hurt Seattle's future chances of acquiring a franchise, and I feel that the other cities chosen would provide better fan bases.

But I'll admit that "Hamilton Whalers" was a huge stretch.

25yzwqg.png

Portland doesn't get a team because they could potentially hurt Seattle getting one even though you'd didn't even give them one in the first place? How does that make sense? "Yeah, Portland, you have everything required for a franchise now, BUT, we can't award you one just in case Seattle might some day meet our requirements, which they currently don't and are not being awarding one themselves. But they might. You understand." You won't put 2 teams that are about 175 miles apart, yiet you seem to have no problem loading the Toronto-Buffalo area with 5 teams.