The Pointless Realignment Outpost

Lee.

Aside from the Seattle proximity nonsense, I'd still argue that teams in Kansas City, Markham, and Hamilton would all be more successful and profitable than a team in Portland. However, upon further consideration maybe Saskatoon is a bit of a stretch considering the attendence numbers for their current WHL team are strikingly low.

25yzwqg.png

I don't think Portland can do better than Markham. Over 6 million people live in the GTA, and proportionately there are many more hockey fans than in Portland's metro area of about 2.3 million.

As for SLC, while I think that's another good potential market, I'd still put it behind Hamilton, KC, Markham, and Portland.

So I'll update my realignment with Portland in place of Saskatoon later today.

25yzwqg.png

True but there's already an established, extremely established, team that occupies those hockey fans in GTA. Portland and Seattle are untapped markets containing fanbases that have no local team, more so the case for Portland over Seattle due to the proximity of Vancouver, but both highly more attractive than a watered down market, especially with your proposal of adding Markham AND Hamilton to an area already represented by the Leafs and Sabres. It's a flawed logic.

Portland can do better than Markham for sure. And also, where the hell is Salt Lake City?

Watching the Jazz.

• Like 1
On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I felt that because Hamilton begins with an "H", it would be appropriate to resurrect a former NHL team name

This is one of the stupidest things I've ever read here, and I've both read and authored a lot of stupid things here.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• 2 weeks later...

Bored again.

20 team MLB! Needless to say, all of this takes place in a world where: shiny new baseball-only stadiums haven't been opening every other year for the past two decades, any inconvenient lease contracts have been eaten by Mac from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, and any fans of teams that got trapdoored will have no hard feelings and simply begin rooting for the next closest team, or, failing that, one of the big market clubs.

(Was going to be 16 teams, but in the end I couldn't bring myself to cut the Reds and Braves. All that history... and then to balance out leagues for my dumb interleague idea I added 2 back to the AL. Whatever.)

AL EAST

Boston Red Sox

New York Yankees

Toronto Blue Jays

Detroit Tigers

Chicago White Sox

AL WEST

Anaheim Angels

Texas Rangers

Las Vegas Aces (black and red, logo can be a club or a spade or something)

Seattle Mariners (worst travel ever, but they get a bungload of TV territory as a consolation prize... have fun on those trips on Mexico City!)

Mexico City Somethings (green and red, emphasis on green)

NL EAST

New York Mets

Brooklyn Kings (bring back the B, put them in purple, maybe make the script and front number two different colors as a Dodger throwback, ask a genie to magically create New Ebbets Field, etc.)

Philadelphia Phillies

Pittsburgh Pirates

Cincinnati Reds

NL WEST

Chicago Cubs

St. Louis Cardinals

Milwaukee Braves

Los Angeles Dodgers

San Francisco Giants

SCHEDULE

96 intra-division (8 three-game series each against each division opponent)

30 intra-league (2 three-game series each)

24 inter-league (8 three-game series against designated 'natural rival')

PLAYOFFS

Top two from each division advance to the playoffs. West division runner-up plays the East division winner, and vice versa. Should be self-explanatory from there.

One thing I want is to have each team play their interleague natural rival 24 times, so that an actual... you know... rivalry can form and it's not just a mid-May sideshow (also means more games in the western time zone for those poor souls on the west coast). Would create some strength of schedule imbalances, but still not as bad as the NFL, and they get by. The way interleague has been handled so far, it's just a nuisance. Nobody, not even the teams involved, care about the Yankees going to play the Padres and Rockies, Red Sox playing the Nats and Marlins, or the Cubs playing the Angels and Rangers. Granted, my idea still generates some utterly :censored:ing worthless matchups, like Braves/Mariners or Mexico City against the first NL team that pisses off the new comissioner, but there is value in having the Cubs/White Sox, Angels/Dodgers, and some combination of Red Sox/Yankees/Mets/Brooklyn square off more often in lieu of some of the other random matchups involving these teams. Schedule these series around Memorial Day and 4th of July and whatever else.

Wow. What a useless post, even by my standards.

ACC Realignment for y'all

BTW, Maryland is in red since they are leaving, and Louisville is in blue.

Atlantic/Coastal Alignment

Atlantic:

Clemson

Georgia Tech*

Pittsburgh

Syracuse

Virginia

Virginia Tech

Wake Forest

Louisville*

Coastal:

Boston College

Duke

Florida State

Maryland

Miami

North Carolina

NC State

*Georgia Tech replaces Maryland in the Coastal Division after Louisville joins.

I think this alignment balances out the power a lot, the de facto top 4 programs (FSU, Miami, Clemson, VA Tech) are all split into 2 Divisions. Plus, most rivalries are kept. All that are missed can be made up with the protected Rival system, here's how that would go.

Clemson - Florida St.

GA Tech - Duke

Pittsburgh - Maryland

Syracuse - Boston College

Virginia - North Carolina

Virginia Tech - Miami

Wake Forest - NC State

In 2014, Pitt would play Duke, and Louisville would play Georgia Tech.

North/South

North

Boston College

Maryland

Pittsburgh

Syracuse

Virginia

Virginia Tech

Wake Forest

Louisville

South

Clemson

Duke

GA Tech

Florida St.

Miami

North Carolina

NC State

Louisville replaces Maryland in North after 2013.

This alignment is more for appeasing geography nerds than balancing out power. Clemson, Miami, and Florida St. are in the South. VA Tech is really the only big program in the North. Protected Rivals could go like this

BC - Florida St.

Maryland - NC State

Pittsburgh - GA Tech

Syracuse - Clemson

Virginia - North Carolina

Virginia Tech - Miami

Wake Forest - Duke

Louisville would take Maryland's spot there.

The Atlantic/Coastal seems like a better fit for me.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

• 1 month later...

So, after 5 seasons of NCAAF 11, here are some of the shakeups that have occurred

-Illinois has been replaced in the Big Ten for 2 seasons now and are now in the MAC. Ohio has replaced them

-West Virginia goes from the Big East to the ACC, replacing Duke

-Utah is in the Big XII, as Colorado has moved into the Mountain West

-Middle Tennessee State is now in the MAC, swapping places with NIU, who is now in the Sun Belt

-Navy has received offers to go from being Independent to the MAC, but has declined each time. So, they are still independent despite winning 65 consecutive games

Also, I think I've mentioned this before on here, I just cant seem to find it. Oh well. I control 30/32 NFL franchises on Madden 11 (lost Houston & Detroit cause I didn't relocate them or improve them). When a team begins to go downhill, there are two options: A.) relocate, or B.) cut down costs, higher prime players, & trim down your roster by releasing players >59 overall. The easiest thing for me to do is relocate. So, without further ado, here are franchises who have relocated:

-Pittsburgh Steelers are now the Boston Admirals

-Oakland Raiders are now the Las Vegas Blackjacks (wanted to keep their color scheme)

-St. Louis Rams are now the Lincoln (NE) Rams

-Arizona Cardinals are now the California Cardinals (in Anaheim)

-Tampa Bay Buccaneers are now the Texas Lonestars (in Austin)

-Miami Dolphins are now the Buffalo Flyers (makes sense, huh?)

-Cleveland Browns are now the Virginia Bulldogs (in Richmond)

When a team wants to relocate, about 1-3 cities give you offers to come to their cities. Most of these cities accepted offers from other cities. In order to keep the team, I chose the cities that gave the most money per year. I also took into consideration of keeping the teams as close to their division rivals as possible. For instance, it wouldn't have made much sense if I put Pittsburgh in Puerto Rico or Alabama and they were still in the AFC North. So, Boston wins the team.

I'm highly considering redoing the franchise mode over only on Madden 12 instead.

So thanks to EA Sports, the NFL is falling apart. Since the end of the 2010 season(currently at he end of the 2015 season) 7 teams have relocated with Dallas and Minnesota struggling to stay put while teams like New England, Chicago, Green Bay, and Baltimore dominate the league every year. Plus, 3/4 of the league will suffer negative incomes following the 2015 season, varying from $300K-$44.2 million. Those that are experiencing profits have anywhere from $650K-$21.0 million.

EA Sports is great isn't it?

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

MLB Realignment:

AL East:

New York Yankees

Boston Red Sox

Toronto Blue Jays

Baltimore Orioles

Cleveland Indians

AL Central:

Chicago White Sox

Indianapolis Speed (Tampa Bay Rays relocation)

Kansas City Royals

Detroit Tigers

Minnesota Twins

AL West:

LA Angels of Anaheim

San Jose A's (Moved from Oakland)

Seattle Mariners

Texas Rangers

Houston Astros

NL East:

New York Mets

Philadelphia Phillies

Miami Marlins

Atlanta Braves

Washington Nationals

NL Central:

Cincinnati Reds

St.Louis Cardinals

Chicago Cubs

Pittsburgh Pirates

Milwaukee Brewers

NL West:

LA Dodgers

San Fran Giants

Arizona D-Backs

San Diego Padres

Colorado Rockies

In my opinion, the Tampa Bay Rays will relocate to Indianapolis in the future to become the Indianapolis Speed. With the relocation, Indy and Cleveland agree to swap divisions with the Speed in the AL Central and the Tribe in the AL East. Also the A's successfully move out of Oakland and into San Jose with intense politically-charged talks against the Giants.

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

MLB Realignment:

AL East:

New York Yankees

Boston Red Sox

Toronto Blue Jays

Baltimore Orioles

Cleveland Indians

AL Central:

Chicago White Sox

Indianapolis Speed (Tampa Bay Rays relocation)

Kansas City Royals

Detroit Tigers

Minnesota Twins

AL West:

LA Angels of Anaheim

San Jose A's (Moved from Oakland)

Seattle Mariners

Texas Rangers

Houston Astros

NL East:

New York Mets

Philadelphia Phillies

Miami Marlins

Atlanta Braves

Washington Nationals

NL Central:

Cincinnati Reds

St.Louis Cardinals

Chicago Cubs

Pittsburgh Pirates

Milwaukee Brewers

NL West:

LA Dodgers

San Fran Giants

Arizona D-Backs

San Diego Padres

Colorado Rockies

In my opinion, the Tampa Bay Rays will relocate to Indianapolis in the future to become the Indianapolis Speed. With the relocation, Indy and Cleveland agree to swap divisions with the Speed in the AL Central and the Tribe in the AL East. Also the A's successfully move out of Oakland and into San Jose with intense politically-charged talks against the Giants.

I think the Rays should probably move to Charlotte. Charlotte's a great baseball city. Plus it merges the gap between DC and ATL. That or Newark or Brooklyn, but that probably won't happen anytime soon. I think the A's should probably move to Vancouver or Portland if they can't get a new stadium.

Well Portland seems to be the top of the list with markets like San Jose and Sacramento only in play for the A's. San Antonio is actually a possible target. Charlotte may not necessarily be "low", but there's not really all that many markets that are actually in play for a team. Pretty limited. Montreal I believe will be given some consideration and deserves to be looked into as much as possible, but as IceCap has mentioned, it may now not be "English" enough anymore to really support a baseball team.

Well Portland seems to be the top of the list with markets like San Jose and Sacramento only in play for the A's. San Antonio is actually a possible target. Charlotte may not necessarily be "low", but there's not really all that many markets that are actually in play for a team. Pretty limited. Montreal I believe will be given some consideration and deserves to be looked into as much as possible, but as IceCap has mentioned, it may now not be "English" enough anymore to really support a baseball team.

Charlotte is probably as big as any of those cities, metropolitan area wise. But, yeah MLB is pretty limited in terms of expansion.