Possible az cardinals white jersey change?

TruColor

I just found this on the Arizona Cardinals' website - the new Emmitt Smith replica jerseys are in:

lemmitt-jersey-white.jpg

For those of you not familiar with the Cards' unis, this pic looks like they've dropped the Blue-White-Cardinal Red-White-Blue striping off of the sleeves, dropped the Arizona State Flag from the sleeves, and moved the numbers from the shoulders down to the sleeves.  In essence, made the White jerseys an exact mirror of the dark Cardinal Red jerseys.

I hate this (although, I hated the Blue in the old design)...my only consolation is that they really are thinking about a re-design for their new stadium in 2006...

While it may not be the real deal, I would welcome the change if it was legit, even if it was only temporary. After watching what they have done to the Lions, and the Falcons jerseys, I welcome basic jerseys like the Giants and this Cardinals jersey. I think the NFL underestimates the desire by some fans for options that are more basic and less busy. Since Arizona's jerseys are likely one of the worst selling jersey in the league (no offense Pantone), why not shake things up a bit? So, definitely, if this is legit, this is another jersey that I would like to own.

I doubt this is for real, they probably just took a p9icture of the red jersey and re-colored it. The NFL does crap like this all the time with their jersey pictures. If you look through a NFL Shop catalog, you'll notice all the white jerseys are just the same photo of the dark jersey re-colored. And i don't like that number font, it's just a regular 2 but without the flat bottom edge, so it doesn't really look like a 2. If this is for real, I don't like it; I like the flag and stripes on the white jerseys.

Wow, so anyone with Cardinal red lettering a cheap $10 practice jersey can look like the Cardinals...no offense to Pantone but...who would want to look like the Cards anyway?  This is a joke.  It make the Sharks thirds look like a masterpiece.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

The stripes and flag was the best part of the white jerseys.  I wish they had gone the other way and added those to the red jerseys.  As if my Jake Plummer white jersey wasn't obsolete enough.  Oh well, now I can call it retro!
dbacks.gif mariners.gif

Somebody said that the Lions new unis are to be unveiled Wednesday.  They aren't that big a change from the old ones.  The difference is the addition of black as a trim color.  Somebody posted the new designs two or three months ago.

i like those Lions unis....they are great. the black adds a much needed improvement. Pantone - didnt that come from the NFL style guide that sum1 mentioned?

if those really are the Cards new unis im 50/50 on em. i think the cards needed un upgrade but i aslo think that its WAY too plain. make the collar red and add the AZ sleeve patch

untitled-1.png

• 2 weeks later...

Archived