The Expos

simpsontide

What will the Expos be called when they move to Washington or Northern Va? If they move to Northern Va will the take the Nothern Va name or will they call themselves "Washington"?

What nickname will they take -Senators? Expos? Federals?

Any suggestions and color schemes or logos?

2qluyo7.png

To all board overseers: Please send this thread six feet under.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

I would rather have the Expos move to Brooklyn and the Blue Jays move to Washington.

Montreal Expos -> Brooklyn Cyclones

Toronto Blue Jays -> Washington Senators

Baseball is America's passtime, let it be completely so.

Hey, that's a good way to get on the Admin's Bad Side... I'll lose my ONLY job and my favouritist team in the whole world so you can wave your flag -- hmm, let me try... :flagusa: nope definately not worth it on my end.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

I would rather have the Expos move to Brooklyn and the Blue Jays move to Washington.

watch the canadian bashing my friend. Look in the left hand corner of the title bar...that's a maple leaf.

Canadians are people too!

Hey, that's a good way to get on the Admin's Bad Side... I'll lose my ONLY job and my favouritist team in the whole world so you can wave your flag -- hmm, let me try... :flagusa: nope definately not worth it on my end.

amen!!!

retromaniac, by ur logic we should move all the american based nhl teams into canada. see how stupid that sounds?

amen!!!

retromaniac, by ur logic we should move all the american based nhl teams into canada. see how stupid that sounds?

Right on, brotha! Testify!

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

I apologize. I did not mean to offend anyone. Here is a more acceptable alternative.

1. Expand to Brooklyn and Washington, leaving the Expos where they are.

2. Expand to Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver, Ottawa, Quebec City, Winnipeg, Saskatoon, and Regina.

3. Put all Canadian teams in the Canadian League.

How's that?

I apologize. I did not mean to offend anyone. Here is a more acceptable alternative.

2. Expand to Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver, Ottawa, Quebec City, Winnipeg, Saskatoon, and Regina.

How's that?

Saskatoon and Regina? That's just silly. :P

How's that?

No. My idea for expansion in 2007 was posted last month.

Montreal stays :flagcanada: , the Brewers return to the AL, and the expansion franchises are DC for the NL, and New Orleans- yes, the Big Easy DESERVES

a MLB team- in the American League.

32 teams, 2 leagues, four divisions, four teams per division...IT ALL ADDS UP!!!!

New Playoff structure: Top two teams per division make the playoffs as Division Champion and Wild Card team Respectavely. Based on team percantage, the playoffs will be based on a 1 through 8 seed teir, meaning team 1 plays team 8, 2 plays 7, etc., until their respective LCS, and WS. Best 2 out of 3 for first round, 3 0f 5 for the second round, and 4 out of 7 for the LCS and WS.

Any questions?

BRING BASEBALL BACK TO MONTREAL!!!!

MON AMOURS SIEMPRE!!

How's that?

No. My idea for expansion in 2007 was posted last month.

Montreal stays :flagcanada: , the Brewers return to the AL, and the expansion franchises are DC for the NL, and New Orleans- yes, the Big Easy DESERVES

a MLB team- in the American League.

32 teams, 2 leagues, four divisions, four teams per division...IT ALL ADDS UP!!!!

New Playoff structure: Top two teams per division make the playoffs as Division Champion and Wild Card team Respectavely. Based on team percantage, the playoffs will be based on a 1 through 8 seed teir, meaning team 1 plays team 8, 2 plays 7, etc., until their respective LCS, and WS. Best 2 out of 3 for first round, 3 0f 5 for the second round, and 4 out of 7 for the LCS and WS.

Any questions?

I dont think mlb needs more teams... but under your playoff format I would prefer Division Champ vs 2nd Place team (but then again I'm a sucker for the old NHL Playoff system)

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

First: The Brewers should NOT move back to the American League. Milwaukee should have been in the National League all along.

32 teams? Sounds fine to me. But ...

Expanded playoffs? WRONG, WRONG, WRONG. I HATE the wild card, because it gives a team (including three past World Series champions) that didn't win anything an entry in the playoffs. Adding two more teams and going to four divisions in each league would rightly eliminate the wild card, with division champions playing in the Division Series. Has anyone noticed that Division Series games usually don't sell out? That says that the fans don't buy Bud's expanded playoffs either. And if you've followed the business of sports TV, you may have noticed that the networks and sports cable channels haven't exactly been enthusiastic (to say nothing about radio stations) about televising the Division Series. I'd prefer to dump the wild card and the Division Series and go back to two divisions myself.

Packers-2.png

Archived