Jump to content

Jacksonville Jaguars Uniform Documentary


TSHARE18
 Share

Recommended Posts

Around 6:30 the guy is saying the two tone helmet let players see when Jaguars heads were turning on field. Followed by this idea that all black is the most competitive “camo” for a helmet one could have. Unreal!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"Teal is the heart of the brand"   So let's only wear it 3 times.  Fans have been screaming for a teal primary and you stick with black because you want to own black?  YOU LITERALLY OWN TEAL!!! Why try to "own" something that so many other teams have?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, DeFrank said:

Around 6:30 the guy is saying the two tone helmet let players see when Jaguars heads were turning on field. Followed by this idea that all black is the most competitive “camo” for a helmet one could have. Unreal!

It’s the 5:30 mark. That was the owner who is worth a few billion dollars. He’s also correct in saying the two toned helmet was a competitive disadvantage.  

7 minutes ago, dbofox said:

"Teal is the heart of the brand"   So let's only wear it 3 times.  Fans have been screaming for a teal primary and you stick with black because you want to own black?  YOU LITERALLY OWN TEAL!!! Why try to "own" something that so many other teams have?

Yea that part made zero sense. If teal is the heart of the brand, why the hell isn’t it even used on the away uniforms?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Shad may be a billionaire, but it's fairly apparent from this video that he doesn't know a ton about football.  I played and I now coach, and yes, there are slight cues...but whoever told him about the color of the helmet and turning of the head thing?  Bro.....:unsure:

Smart people though put smarter people around them.  He hired Coughlin back, and that's paying off.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Funny they seemed to have left out the "what's the cheapest? black? ok make it the primary then" conversation from the video. Strange.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MiK said:

Funny they seemed to have left out the "what's the cheapest? black? ok make it the primary then" conversation from the video. Strange.

 

Completely baseless comment.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, DeFrank said:

Around 6:30 the guy is saying the two tone helmet let players see when Jaguars heads were turning on field. Followed by this idea that all black is the most competitive “camo” for a helmet one could have. Unreal!

He’s harped on that point over and over again, almost as if it was the sole factor instigating the whole redesign, and I really just feel like it’s his way of admitting “we effed that up” without straight up having to say “because it was gaudy and made us a laughingstock.”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"We have three players that should be in the Hall of Fame; Tony Boselli, Fred Taylor, and Jimmy Smith."

 

He is not wrong.

 

I never watched the Titans video or the Fins' one, but the lack of marketing speak in the first five minutes is nice.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well I remember there being alot of conversation back even before the dark ages ( 08 - 13 ) that the players really liked the black jerseys went they were introduced but they were speical and orginally for prime time games but they made their way into Sunday Afternoons with along with the black pants options. Along with that the players weren't feeling intimidating enough in teal and that it wasn't a masculine enough of a color but also remember this was the mid going into the late 00's when everything dark was hip and black on top of black with a little extra black was the desired looked by athletes and some folks. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Volt said:

I played and I now coach, and yes, there are slight cues...but whoever told him about the color of the helmet and turning of the head thing?  Bro.....:unsure:

 

Those "slight clues" are a world of difference to a professional athlete. Don't scoff at it because the 12 year olds you coach don't know what to do with it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Claystation360 said:

Well I remember there being alot of conversation back even before the dark ages ( 08 - 13 ) that the players really liked the black jerseys went they were introduced but they were speical and orginally for prime time games but they made their way into Sunday Afternoons with along with the black pants options. Along with that the players weren't feeling intimidating enough in teal and that it wasn't a masculine enough of a color but also remember this was the mid going into the late 00's when everything dark was hip and black on top of black with a little extra black was the desired looked by athletes and some folks. 

 

This may be a topic for another thread but I think its worth looking at the degree to which current players enjoy going monochrome in general. We may look at the bodysuit look and think its for bobsledding but for them giving the appearance of speed would be a good thing. Color Rush aside, 20 of 32 teams went mono chromatic at some point last season. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

 

This may be a topic for another thread but I think its worth looking at the degree to which current players enjoy going monochrome in general. We may look at the bodysuit look and think its for bobsledding but for them giving the appearance of speed would be a good thing. Color Rush aside, 20 of 32 teams went mono chromatic at some point last season. 

Does that include white over white?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, WavePunter said:

Does that include white over white?

 

My count does not include white over white or Color Rush. White over white predates the modern monochrome look by several decades. Color Rush is a deliberate marketing ploy so it wouldn't reflect any trend in ordinary uniform use. 

 

The earliest I can trace the modern trend is 1997 when the Broncos and Eagles both went mono. It then disappears until 2001 when the Saints went mono-black all season. In 2002 it exploded to 9 teams. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

 

My count does not include white over white or Color Rush. White over white predates the modern monochrome look by several decades. Color Rush is a deliberate marketing ploy so it wouldn't reflect any trend in ordinary uniform use. 

 

The earliest I can trace the modern trend is 1997 when the Broncos and Eagles both went mono. It then disappears until 2001 when the Saints went mono-black all season. In 2002 it exploded to 9 teams. 

Yeah, you clarified that it didn't include color rush, but I wasn't sure if you counted white over white

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, TSHARE18 said:

It’s the 5:30 mark. That was the owner who is worth a few billion dollars. He’s also correct in saying the two toned helmet was a competitive disadvantage.  

Yea that part made zero sense. If teal is the heart of the brand, why the hell isn’t it even used on the away uniforms?

what do you mean it totally is used on the away... for NIKE branding

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

 

This may be a topic for another thread but I think its worth looking at the degree to which current players enjoy going monochrome in general. We may look at the bodysuit look and think its for bobsledding but for them giving the appearance of speed would be a good thing. Color Rush aside, 20 of 32 teams went mono chromatic at some point last season. 

can confirm a lot of players have said they like "when the jersey matches the pants". and so many of these guys have probably played in that kind of combination since high-school; its normal for them

 

18 hours ago, Volt said:

Shad may be a billionaire, but it's fairly apparent from this video that he doesn't know a ton about football.  I played and I now coach, and yes, there are slight cues...but whoever told him about the color of the helmet and turning of the head thing?  Bro.....:unsure:

Smart people though put smarter people around them.  He hired Coughlin back, and that's paying off.

 

yea thats sounds like complete non-sense. as if a big ass Braisher stripe (Packers, browns, Saints, 49ers) down the center of the helmet would be any different

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.