Best National Olympic Logo

clannhoran

What is the best National Olympic Team Logo?  

80 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't think I've ever seen any products that blantently have a maple leaf [...] on it.

How about Molson Canadian?

:flagcanada:

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Attention all overseers: Shouldn't this be on the LOGOS thread pages?

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

you guys can have the better logo..cause were going to out medal you anyways

:flagusa:

I can't decide which is better: Tons of funding going to Olympic athletes in a country of damn-near 300 million with HMOs, or.....little-to-no funding going to Olympic athletes in a country of barely 30 million with Medicare (which, by the way, is a product of Saskatchewan)?

Seriously, medals are nice, but when we have 10 months of winter and 2 months of bad snowmobiling, I'll take our 7 medals--all in rowing, mind you--and our free drugs.

Drugs are good, m'kay? :flagcanada:

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

didnt u guys lose to pr in basketball? isnt that suppose to be ur big sport that u are garunteed to win every olympics? and dont give me that c**p about "canada has only won one hockey gold in 52 years." there is a difference. all of the 6 big hockey nations use nhl all stars up the ying yang, so the playing field is balanced. the only country that has a complete roster of nba all stars is the usa.

as for the logos, canada has the better one. u can look at it and imedietly know its the logo of the canadian olympic team. however it wouldnt take much to make america's better. just add an eagle to the centre of the wreath, and u have a pretty good logo, not as good as canada's though :D:flagcanada:

didnt u guys lose to pr in basketball? isnt that suppose to be ur big sport that u are garunteed to win every olympics? and dont give me that c**p about "canada has only won one hockey gold in 52 years." there is a difference. all of the 6 big hockey nations use nhl all stars up the ying yang, so the playing field is balanced. the only country that has a complete roster of nba all stars is the usa.

Just to toss in my $.02 (Cdn)...

Umm...WHOSEBaseball team didn't qualify? ...And WHOSE kicked the crap out of Chinese Taipei yesterday?

I'm done :)

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Just to toss in my $.02 (Cdn)...

Umm...WHOSEBaseball team didn't qualify? ...And WHOSE kicked the crap out of Chinese Taipei yesterday?

I'm done :)

But with an even playing field the US would smoke us... no argument from me on that

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

Conceptually, I like the Canadian one more, but the gradient and the random black outline make it look ameteurish, IMO.

As I said before, I agree.

That monochrome version is five hundred times better.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

O.k., here are my two cents:

-Nothing worng with ONLY ONE identifying symbol: The Maple Leaf. Many OTHER Countries have Stars, Stripes, Eagles, NONE use The Maple Leaf.

-The Gradient is awful.

-In my mind, the Wreath is a Greek symbol. (sometimes Roman...)

-GB logo: Rings look like wheels of a shopping cart.

-Best logo I've seen in a long time: US Skiing !!!

-US will Kick Canada's butt in Medals: Sure, as long as you have the best scientist and doctors to hide illegal substances... (Talk to Ben Johnson about it)

-US Basketball loss: I won't say anything, since I'm still not over Canada's World Cup of hockey loss...

Now that we talked logos, how about Apparel?

ROOTS rule...

Isn't there an American apparel company that can compete?

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

I like this picture of the Italian Olympic Committee logo, on a flag in the background

RTEmagicC_petrucci_1.jpg.jpg

I didn't realize that a menorah was associated with Italy.

:D

I voted for the USA logo because something just strikes me as wrong with superimposing a flame over a leaf. Somehow this could have been done differently - somehow. This is one instance where the relative simplicity of the USA logo wins out although I do agree it really doesn't have any national iconography so to speak.

I chose the US logo, but only because the Canadian logo looks like clipart. Lose the gradient and Canada wins IMO.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

and dont give me that c**p about "canada has only won one hockey gold in 52 years." there is a difference. all of the 6 big hockey nations use nhl all stars up the ying yang, so the playing field is balanced.

Nice try, but NHL players didn't compete at the Olympics until 1998, with the Czech Republic winning the gold medal.

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

I voted for Canada, a bad logo showing your pride is better than a good logo totally throwing it out of the window.

WE ARE AMERICA, LAND OF THE FREE! HOME OF THE BRAVE(s)!

WE LIKE OUR FLAG! WE LIKE OUR EAGLES! AND WE LIKE OUR BLING BLING AT THE OLYMPICS!

SO SCREW YOU CANADA! (j/k)

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

Archived