AHL/ECHL/Minor/Junior League Hockey Changes

Dante_X

The best part aside from another clip art logo is that the team's Facebook page was insisting to fans yesterday that the team's name would be Virginia something 

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

11 hours ago, Dilbert said:

They recycling the Vermilion County Bobcats?

Hey, if they found a way to get money out of that scrap heap, more power to 'em.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Also, the CHL redid their website design within the last week or so, changing all the leagues and teams too. With the website changes, it appears the Hitmen have promoted the black mask logo to primary and demoted the full body logo to secondary. I assumed the Hitmen were going to make this change at some point because the mask has been used more than the full body logo in recent years.

202.png

4zbvnheq09cmyegcr1fgadb04.gif

The Hitmen do have some inconsistent applications of the mask logo with some physical (read: non-digital) applications, including the jerseys, having copper and black outline around the white chip at the top of the logo.

Also, shouldn't that chip be black for the black mask?

Also also, the mothership webpage for the Hitmen is... pretty wrong. I don't know how that goes about getting done, but I am willing to offer my services in at least telling someone what logos should be there.

IbjBaeE.png

I always thought that was a lock of hair falling over the mask, not a chip in it.

• Like 2

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

10 minutes ago, Sodboy13 said:

I always thought that was a lock of hair falling over the mask, not a chip in it.

I've always thought that too. Bret Hart was known for his hair, so I assumed they did it as a tribute.

spacer.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sodboy13 said:

2 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

I've always thought that too. Bret Hart was known for his hair, so I assumed they did it as a tribute.

spacer.png

That was something I always thought as well and I do think you are both right.

So, if you look at the original illustrated version of the logo (side note: as part one of the oddest pictures in hockey history), it's clearly a lock hair.

calh11nov29_hitmen.jpg?quality=90&strip=

But I don't know how much that logo was ever really used outside of that banner. Even on those original jerseys, better picture below, the head had the current hair.

hqdefault.jpg

By the time the Hitmen actually used that logo on a in-game jersey, it was more like the current one with the only major differences being the colours, the font and not having as much of an outline (keyline? keystroke?) disaster as the current logo.

Regardless, it still should be a black section on the black mask, right?

• Like 1

IbjBaeE.png

On 8/1/2023 at 2:14 PM, B-Rich said:

After 2 weeks, looks like the Baton Rouge Zydeco have already dropped the bridge from their logo due to local/potential fan complaints.

Original:

64b02130d9d75.image.jpg?crop=1600,900,50

New:

VM5W7QWG7BEGNFUM42V2O5DSAE.jpeg

https://www.wafb.com/2023/07/31/br-zydeco-release-new-logo-keeping-merchandise-manufacturing-local/

Hold on, they removed the bridge because it reminded fans of traffic? LOL

I'm glad its gone for the reasons you previously mentioned in that it has nothing to do with Zydeco. I also agree Zydeco is a terrible name for a Baton Rouge based team. It just reeks of someone coming up with a brand and idea with the assumption that all of Louisiana is the same.

On 8/4/2023 at 10:47 AM, cajunaggie08 said:

I'm glad its gone for the reasons you previously mentioned in that it has nothing to do with Zydeco. I also agree Zydeco is a terrible name for a Baton Rouge based team. It just reeks of someone coming up with a brand and idea with the assumption that all of Louisiana is the same.

Reminded of one of the proposed rebrands of the Belot Snappers to "Supper Clubbers," when Wisconsin's supper club scene really doesn't start until about Madison northward.

On 8/4/2023 at 8:18 AM, Dante_X said:

The Giants added "Vancouver" at the top of their logo

Edit: looks like this was an alternate logo now promoted to primary

223.png

Was there some kind of statement or release that this was promoted to primary? They've always used the wordmark and wordmarkless logo fairly interchangeably.

To be honest if they were making an official change I'd be surprised it isn't to the simplified head logo, which they've essentially made their main logo given how much they're riding it. 

• 1 month later...