Vikings script change

Joshawaggie

Well, the past few years the Vikes have been slowly phazing in the old wordmark they originally had, instead of the crappy Stencil font they had, which i have always hated, the original wordmark was 300x better. And, in addition, last night was their first game on the new turf, so they made some design changes on the field.

This is the "new" script in the endzone, except they are outlined in gold, i couldnt find a pic of that, and in the center in just the "V". No paint in the endzones either. It looks good IMO.

Viking-script.jpg

I was at the game last night, I forgot my camera :cursing: and I cant find any pics showing the field, but you can all use your imagination.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

I was at the game last night, I forgot my camera :cursing: and I cant find any pics showing the field, but you can all use your imagination.

Wow the Vikes cheeleaders were all naked??? Man who would have thought!

oh sorry was my imagination going a bit far there!!!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I was at the game last night, I forgot my camera  :cursing:  and I cant find any pics showing the field, but you can all use your imagination.

Wow the Vikes cheeleaders were all naked??? Man who would have thought!

oh sorry was my imagination going a bit far there!!!

thats the spirit! let the imagination run free!

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Good! I love this wordmark tons more than the old one, which looked like something a third-grader would do in his art class. <_<

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

Well, I guess I'll agree with everyone.

The old stencil reminded me of the Steelers. The wordmark they are bringing back is unique.

Good for them.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I'm guessing that for now they're going simple with the field decorations, since they're sharing the field with the Twins for at least another month or so, and it's still preseason.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Good change!

I thought the disadvantage of field turf was that it was difficult to paint, so a mid-field logo would need to be sewn into the field, not painted on.

Or am I wrong on that one?

It's where I sit.

The Vikings used the "V" at midfield for several years when they were still at Metropolitan Stadium. If they are going with the retro script, they might as well go retro with the midfield design.

Archived