Seattle Sockeye (Secondary Logo and Jerseys Added 6/8)

ldconcepts

• ldconcepts changed the title to Seattle Sockeye (Sketched Cleaned Up 6/7)
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The elements are all great and well rendered. I just don’t like the overall composition. It’s an S hugging a fish, or maybe shoving it. The fish is presumably moving from right to left and the S is being read left to right.  Not sure how you fix that exactly with what you have but as is the two elements don’t mesh well.

13 hours ago, appleclock said:

The elements are all great and well rendered. I just don’t like the overall composition. It’s an S hugging a fish, or maybe shoving it. The fish is presumably moving from right to left and the S is being read left to right.  Not sure how you fix that exactly with what you have but as is the two elements don’t mesh well.

Thanks for the feedback. Is this an improvement?

sockeye+compare.gif

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

• ldconcepts changed the title to Seattle Sockeye (Sockeye Tweaked 6/8)
  • ldconcepts changed the title to Seattle Sockeye (Secondary Logo and Jerseys Added 6/8)
17 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

It looks good! But I think it needs a darker color mixed in there, like a forest green or something, something to contrast the bright colors 

Yes, this was my first thought as well.

Excellent!

I have to say that I much prefer this Seattle Sockeyes concept to your Seattle Kraken logo. The latter's combination of eyeball, tower, and tentacles screamed "Eye of Sauron staring out from Barad-dȗr" to me.

As for the Sockeyes' palette, I concur that the salmon and seafoam would benefit from the addition of a third, darker color. It needn't feature heavily in the design of the logos and uniforms. Rather, it could serve as an accent color.    

• 3 weeks later...

For the logo, instead of groups of 3 U-shapes (idk what to call them), perhaps just do one at a time. Also, the rectangles are inconsistent (the top one moves parallel to the S, but the bottom ones are perpendicular)

That, along with reducing the number of internal outlines, might improve the logo.

On 6/8/2019 at 8:02 PM, ldconcepts said:

Sockeye+Final.png

Added a shoulder patch and jerseys.

As always, C&C is appreciated!

How about use other design then using over usesd jersey design we all ready see too many team use. Not very original.

Flames and Blues look the same, rest have close enough arms.

FGL_332677593_60_a-Calgary-Flames-adidas

ff_3257773_full.jpg&w=500

ff_2845046_full.jpg&w=500

new-york-rangers-adidas-nhl-men-s-adizer

hvmY186.png

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/8/2019 at 7:33 PM, BellaSpurs said:

It looks good! But I think it needs a darker color mixed in there, like a forest green or something, something to contrast the bright colors 

I think the same thing, I would not be surprise if there is a very dark blue in there to represent the sea. That's what's missing

• 1 year later...

Archived