2020 Election Logos/Branding Thread

Dexter Morgan

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, DTConcepts said:

There was no need for Biden to change his font. The old one looked better anyways.

Just noticed that.  The new one looks more... I don't know the right word... "mature"?  "Businesslike"?  I like fonts with Ns where the stroke is spiky on the ends, but they're not appropriate for every application.  The new one is fine.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

7 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Just noticed that.  The new one looks more... I don't know the right word... "mature"?  "Businesslike"?  I like fonts with Ns where the stroke is spiky on the ends, but they're not appropriate for every application.  The new one is fine.

Honestly it looks more "Trump-y".

I guess my web history has I.D.'d me as being in the "young conservative" demographic, so i get a bunch of ads that are clearly targeted for Trump voters, and they all have the same sort of look. Wide, semi-bold to bold blue letters in a box shape.

7 hours ago, SmackNCheese said:

Honestly it looks more "Trump-y".

I guess my web history has I.D.'d me as being in the "young conservative" demographic, so i get a bunch of ads that are clearly targeted for Trump voters, and they all have the same sort of look. Wide, semi-bold to bold blue letters in a box shape.

I get tagged too. Probably because I live in Texas and ordered a bunch of red soccer jerseys. Hahahahahaha!!!!!

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I like the new font. I'm surprised he's using a subtly different font at this late stage in the game, but I think it works. Arguably a slight improvement over the old.

More often than not, the running mate's name looks completely shoehorned in (because, well... it is), but Harris' fits well. Incorporated it in better than Obama incorporated Biden's name in 2008, or than Romney incorporated Ryan's name.

• 2 months later...
On 8/11/2020 at 4:26 PM, Waffles said:

We have a VP pick, and a logo for the Democratic ticket:

rm-logo-blue.svg

and it's your winner!

I wonder when we will have someone win a presidential ticket not using conventional colors.

PS Yes, that includes the light blue because it's now used by most of the dem party now.

#DTWD #GoJaguars

10 hours ago, Claystation360 said:

and it's your winner!

I wonder when we will have someone win a presidential ticket not using conventional colors.

PS Yes, that includes the light blue because it's now used by most of the dem party now.

I'm seriously hoping one day a candidate wins using pink. I seriously appreciated the variety of colors on display in the Democratic primary, although I feel like if any color gains prominence it'll be green.

the user formerly known as cdclt

35 minutes ago, QCS said:

I'm seriously hoping one day a candidate wins using pink. I seriously appreciated the variety of colors on display in the Democratic primary, although I feel like if any color gains prominence it'll be green.

I REALLY liked Liz Warren's mint green, but i suspect had she made it to the general it would've turned into light blue.

5c8a9186401d5837e00b6670?width=600&forma

12 hours ago, Claystation360 said:

1976, Jimmy Carter used green

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• 3 weeks later...

This previous election cycle, I had two friends (both young candidates that are in their early 20s) successfully win in local campaigns in my county. I had the privilege of working with both of them to create the branding, social media graphics, and print graphics for both of these victorious campaigns :)

Both of my logos ended up on the local news, and you can read more about my work on my Behance!

Spoiler

1a33f5107147889.5fa07c083cbac.png

9f4481107152955.5fa09c6bd9e7d.png

ALEXIS GARCIA-ARRAZOLA FOR SEASIDE CITY COUNCIL: https://www.behance.net/gallery/107147889/Alexis-Garcia-Arrazola-for-Seaside-City-Council-2020

ANTHONY ROCHA FOR SALINAS CITY COUNCIL: https://www.behance.net/gallery/107152955/Anthony-Rocha-for-Salinas-City-Council-2020

Archived