2020 Election Logos/Branding Thread

Dexter Morgan

16 hours ago, the admiral said:

There's an element of that to the AOC poster. The Bernie pin is standard-issue mid-20th-c candidate pin, no more Soviet than, I dunno, an Ed Muskie pin.

That's fair. I thought I had seen some more AOC-style posters for Bernie, but I couldn't find a great example of it. Still enjoy the style, however.

the user formerly known as cdclt

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Something I noticed in pictures of the South Carolina primary is that Biden is pulling the old "Shape of the state cutout of a letter" branding for the primaries. This is really (and I mean REALLY) common for candidates in Missouri who have the letter "O" in their name, but I haven't seen it for a D before and it definitely works better in some states than others. 

One state it does work in is South Carolina:

GettyImages-1200211448-4x3-1.jpg?w=575

One place it does not work well in is North Carolina:

2fcea93c-7e0f-458e-8815-f706ac8a1da0.siz

MZnWkGU.png

StL Cardinals - Indy Colts - Indiana Pacers - Let's Go Blues! - Missouri State Bears - IU Hoosiers - St Louis City SC

• 1 month later...
On 4/19/2020 at 12:33 AM, Captain Tsubasa said:

spacer.png

Honestly this wouldn't even be bad if they didn't insist on using such a bouncy, organic animation. The movement looks like it should be paired with bubble letters and pastels.

This is a presidential campaign. You want to convey strength, capability, and some degree of sophistication. I would actually kinda like the graphic if it was paced in the same way a flag would unfurl or something like that; kinda starting fast, and slowing exponentially before coming to a rest at the end position. None of that bouncy little "thrust" action.

10 hours ago, SmackNCheese said:

You want to convey strength, capability, and some degree of sophistication.

I don't believe in false advertising.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/19/2020 at 1:33 AM, Captain Tsubasa said:

spacer.png

They were doing so well until they got to this. There is only one thing this looks like...

Speaking of Biden's visual graphics, regardless of what you think of a Biden/Warren ticket, it makes for the most attractive logo possible. The fact that they both have short names with E as the second to last letter helps. Here's a mockup I've seen floating around Twitter:

spacer.png

I would make the three red stripes conform to the R in Warren, personally - would be more consistent with how the interact with the E and the O in Biden's existing graphics.

2 hours ago, kroywen said:

They were doing so well until they got to this. There is only one thing this looks like...

Speaking of Biden's visual graphics, regardless of what you think of a Biden/Warren ticket, it makes for the most attractive logo possible. The fact that they both have short names with E as the second to last letter helps. Here's a mockup I've seen floating around Twitter:

spacer.png

I would make the three red stripes conform to the R in Warren, personally - would be more consistent with how the interact with the E and the O in Biden's existing graphics.

It would make sense if this were the logo, still not the biggest fan of the package. I can't help but read it as Bid Warr 2020 with two random N's on the end. I imagine if this is/is similar to what they'd go with the E would conform to the R instead of the lazy photoshop job here.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

On 5/28/2020 at 7:36 AM, kroywen said:

spacer.png

Whomever made it probably wanted to get it out there and isn't part of the design group. I'd expect the R to be fixed up if this were the final layout. I also wonder what this would look like with other potential VP candidates.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

2 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Whomever made it probably wanted to get it out there and isn't part of the design group. I'd expect the R to be fixed up if this were the final layout. I also wonder what this would look like with other potential VP candidates.

Most of the other candidates don't have E's in their names: Harris, Klobuchar, Abrams. The only other one I can immediately think of is Whitmer, which would be the easiest to mock up because the M and R both have straight vertical lines on the appropriate ends.

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

• 1 month later...
18 hours ago, Dexter Morgan said:

Bank of America + Reebok.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• 4 weeks later...

I'm glad they didn't add any red to her name, or incorporate any kind of gimmick.

I'm not a fan of the red Ξ, but at least they didn't try to get cute with her name.  

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 minute ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I'm glad they didn't add any red to her name, or incorporate any kind of gimmick.

I'm not a fan of the red Ξ, but at least they didn't try to get cute with her name.  

Nice touch that it's virtually equal in size to Biden's.  Sends a good message.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived