Atlanta Braves Tweak Road and Alternate Uniforms for 2019

SportsLogos.Net News

9 minutes ago, shstpt1 said:

My only wish would’ve been piping for the Red and Navy jerseys that would have matched the home and road, where it would be w/n/w and w/r/w respectively

Touché. This would have turned good looking generic jerseys into awesome Braves jerseys. 

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The road script looks a little worse, the tomahawk hat doesn't belong on a field, they still have an unnecessary road hat, and the colored alternates are better but still superfluous. Big whatever. Could have been a lot worse than this.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

27 minutes ago, jp1409 said:

The home whites are also listed as 2019 on Fanatics. Anyone who was there who can explain the changes to the white and gray jerseys?

On the "Atlanta" script, the "n" is different (you can see the leading "a" connects to the top instead of the bottom), the t's are thinner, and the a's are slanted more. I think the only change on "Braves" is the slantier "a"

41 minutes ago, bradsbeard said:

These look good, but the navy alt is essentially the same as the 90s Indians blue alt  

Edit: and now I see the piping is grey. Carry on!

but piping was also gray on that one wasn't it? first silver, then they changed to gray?

Unpopular opinion, i like the old blue jersey more than this new one. Why? Because the front script matched better with white and blue and the blue tomahawk. It was a blue on blue look. This new one, the red and white script  do not go with the almost black base, remember the braves darked the navy color  last season, looks almost black now. And then add gray piping, when you have red and white script. No thank you.

look way to similar to that old Indians jersey, as well as their new one +  Bostons blue jersey and  Minnesota's as well   

50 minutes ago, skip88 said:

but piping was also gray on that one wasn't it? first silver, then they changed to gray?

Unpopular opinion, i like the old blue jersey more than this new one. Why? Because the front script matched better with white and blue and the blue tomahawk. It was a blue on blue look. This new one, the red and white script  do not go with the almost black base, remember the braves darked the navy color  last season, looks almost black now. And then add gray piping, when you have red and white script. No thank you.

look way to similar to that old Indians jersey, as well as their new one +  Bostons blue jersey and  Minnesota's as well   

Just because something is similar, doesn't preclude it from being good. There are only so many ways to go with red, white, and blue. Without a total change in brand, this is a solid if not great look. I can say, in person, they look gorgeous and you won't mistake them with anyone else.

Inciarte is wearing the all blue 'A' cap with the road alternate so I don't expect the tomahawk hat to be the regular one for that set.  It was worn a couple of times with the cream jersey but it is mostly a Spring training cap.

As a Braves fan, I really like this new set. Definitely has that classic Braves vibe with a couple modern and streamlined aspects.

I am extremely glad they didn’t touch the home whites and used sparing updates to the road grays. I’m indifferent as to the Atlanta script update and understand why they did it.

As a stand-alone jersey, I prefer the cream throwbacks without the stripes on the sleeves, but I appreciate the cohesion this entire set now has as the stripes are the same on all the alternates now. Whereas previously the navy alternate was plain, the cream had the single stripe headspoon, and the rarely worn American themed red alt had the triple stripe. It was a mess. Now there’s a theme throughout the set. I appreciate that.

I could see the argument to go with the triple stripe on the colored alternates so everything matched, but I agree with what the executive said during the presentation that going with navy stripes on the red alt allowed the Braves script to really pop. I never used to really liked the old red jerseys, whether it was the flag themed or the old one with the tomahawk. The triple stripe made it feel a bit loud, in my opinion. I like this new simplistic one a lot.

For that same reason, I feel like the navy alt would have done better with a red stripe rather than the silver, but it’s an upgrade nonetheless. The red script and tomahawk is much better than the blue on blue look. And it also recalls many of the BP and spring training jerseys of the last decade or two, as well as the styling of the player shirts that many of the fans wear (funnily enough, most fans wore blue t-shirts with the same red numbers and script which did not match the jerseys).

Still really dislike the all navy cap. Like it as a fashion piece, perhaps rarely on the road as change of pace. But Atlanta should wear that beautiful cap with the red brim 95% of the time. The funny thing is, I think the traditional cap would have matched better with the new colors of the navy alternate. Also, I doubt we will ever really see the tomahawk cap during the regular season. None of the players wore it at the unveiling.

Overall, I grade this as a very nice “refreshing,” exactly as they labeled it. It’s not a revolution, more so just cleaning things up a bit. My only disappointments are the navy cap and the silver striping on the navy alternate.

The Tomahawk A cap would have been nice to see as it is one of my favorites.  But with the streamlined red alternate, I can see why they went with the primary cap.

If I'm not mistaken, the red alternate did not appear at all last season and only twice in 2017.  

41 minutes ago, tajmccall said:

I wish they would have used the blue tomahawk on the Grays. Its too much red.  Otherwise a near-flawless update to me.

Yeah, I wanted them to have the same color ratio as the 1969 throwback, with a blue tomahawk. It would've been gorgeous

The addition of red to the navy jersey would have been perfectly balanced by the addition (or re-addition?) of red to the cap that the jersey is paired with. 

That all navy cap is bad for their in game looks. It's a fair cap as a fashion cap or for BP/spring training but it's such a bad decision when being paired with any of the jerseys especially now that the navy on navy jersey has finally been shelved. 

1 hour ago, Brandon9485 said:

The only downside, as many of you have mentioned, is that the home cap would look better with all of these combos than the navy cap. 

I'd add their signature triple piping to the red and navy alts and this set would be a grand slam.

Archived