Original (Or Favorite) High School Hockey Sweaters

The discussion of the Minnesota high school hockey teams in the minor league hockey thread, plus with the Minnesota State Tourney right around the corner, it's made me think a lot about different high school teams, and which teams have original looks. There are many teams who are just taking templates and mimicking NHL teams. Like if your colors are blue and white, then it's Leafs jerseys, red and white, then it's the Red Wings. Red and black? Of course it's gonna be the Blackhawks. Can't think of a design? Blackhawks, but in your colors... 

Here are some of the original looks here in Minnesota. 

Edina Hornets

Road Jersey-

Related image

Home Jersey-

Related image

Moorhead Spuds

Home Jersey-

Related image

Road Jersey-

Image result for moorhead spuds hockey

Duluth East Greyhounds-

They mostly use Rangers copies, but lately they've been wearing a throwback jersey on the road. The throwback was originally a jersey for the Hockey Day Minnesota Game in Duluth a few years ago. But the colors were swapped for their current jerseys. 

Here's the HDM look...

Image result for duluth east hockey logo Related image

And the current road jersey

Related image

Their home is just a black and red Rangers road jersey

Image result for duluth east hockey logo

So what are some original looks from any junior or high school hockey leagues that are great (and/or original) looks? 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

I talked a little bit about this in the other thread, but here are some of my favorites that you didn't mention already. I'll post my favorite Class AA teams in this post and Class A in a separate one.

Bloomington Jefferson Jaguars

The old powerhouse that isn't quite so dominant anymore, they still use the classic Jaguars script with the two tone blue in a simple stripe style, classic.

Image result for bloomington jefferson high school hockeyRelated image

Cloquet Lumberjacks

Great color scheme, simple striping, virtually unchanged over the years, and an incredible logo to top it all off.

Image result for cloquet high school hockeyImage result for cloquet high school hockey

Grand Rapids Thunderhawks

Yes I know it's just the Flyers jerseys, but those happen to be my favorite in the NHL. The colors are good but the logo is the reason they made the list, classic and instantly identifiable.

Image result for grand rapids high school hockeyImage result for grand rapids high school hockey

Roseau Rams

Green and white, you don't need anything else. The striping is nice, the team is classic, and the script is beautiful.

Image result for roseau high school hockeyImage result for roseau high school hockey

Here are my favorite Class A teams now.

Orono Spartans

I like stripes and old school looking unis, this hits both of those marks. The whites are much better than the red away uni, but it still is a great look IMO.

Image result for orono high school hockeyImage result for orono high school hockey

Delano Tigers

Bright orange with black in the style of the old Bruins, yes please. The dark jersey is a different stripe style, but looks good none the less.

Image result for delano high school hockeyImage result for delano high school hockey

New Ulm Eagles

Purple and black look great together, the striping is solid especially on the shoulders, but the number and script fonts are what put this over the top.

Image result for new ulm high school hockeyImage result for new ulm high school hockey

St. Paul Johnson Governors

One of the most historic teams in the state, the reason they made this list is because of the beautiful away jersey they use that is a throwback to the days when they won state championships and had players like Herb Brooks.

Image result for st paul johnson high school hockeyImage result for st paul johnson high school hockey

Northfield Raiders

If you haven't figured out by now I like simple color schemes with classic striping ans scripts, Northfield checks those boxes.

Image result for northfield high school hockeyImage result for northfield high school hockey

Eveleth Golden Bears

No white jersey, don't need it if you're called the golden bears. The gold jersey is textbook old school hockey with the cream black and gold and "Golden Bears" script. The way is just the Bruins home, but it features possibly my favorite logo in the state (It's either this or Cloquet)

Image result for eveleth high school hockeyImage result for eveleth high school hockeyImage result for eveleth high school hockey

Warroad Warriors

Hockeytown USA, great colors, classic uniforms, great logo. The only thing I would change is removing the arched Warroad to let the logo take center stage, but it's still a great uniform.

Image result for warroad high school hockeyImage result for warroad high school hockey

Thief River Falls Prowlers

Simple and glorious. The away uniform is what gets them ono this list, a throwback to what they used all the way back in the 40s, blue with yellow shoulders and hem, beautiful.

Image result for thief river falls high school hockey 2019Image result for thief river falls high school hockey 2019

Minnesota High School Hockey has some really unique and cool looks all across the state, I can't wait to see some of these in action in the tourney in a few weeks.

My only connection to Minnesota HS hockey is a cousin who lives there and watches the tournament. But they have some of the best hockey uniforms around: 

East Grand Forks: 

Image result for east grand forks high school hockey

I love the simplicity of these. Gives off an old time feel to it. 

Eden Prairie: 

Image result for eden prairie hockey

plus the classics like Edina. Minnetonka has a clean look. 

minnesota really has it lucky with their hockey 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

2 minutes ago, bkknight95 said:

My only connection to Minnesota HS hockey is a cousin who lives there and watches the tournament. But they have some of the best hockey uniforms around: 

East Grand Forks: 

Image result for east grand forks high school hockey

I love the simplicity of these. Gives off an old time feel to it. 

Eden Prairie: 

Image result for eden prairie hockey

plus the classics like Edina. Minnetonka has a clean look. 

minnesota really has it lucky with their hockey 

Many of the teams that make the tourney have great looks, but a lot of teams change from year to year... Like I’m pretty sure Eden Prairie ditched that look from Casey Mittelstadt and now are wearing Rangers copies, and the Skippers did have a good look, but now have their sweaters made by Adidas, so they’re wearing Leafs copies which is disappointing...

The more original looks come from Gemini Athletics, like the look above...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

15 hours ago, chcarlson23 said:

Edina Hornets

Road Jersey-

Related image

Home Jersey-

Related image

Remove the white yoke, remove the white space between the green and yellow-gold (not yellow) stripes on the white sweater, and put a non-drop shadowed N-star on both uniforms, and you’d have a perfect look for the North Stars.

20 minutes ago, chcarlson23 said:

Many of the teams that make the tourney have great looks, but a lot of teams change from year to year... Like I’m pretty sure Eden Prairie ditched that look from Casey Mittelstadt and now are wearing Rangers copies, and the Skippers did have a good look, but now have their sweaters made by Adidas, so they’re wearing Leafs copies which is disappointing...

The more original looks come from Gemini Athletics, like the look above...

Very true. like i said, I have little connection to MnHS hockey so most of the teams i see are the tourney teams. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Thanks for making this thread. I realized after that my post about Minnesota jerseys wasn't really about updates or new developments; I just wanted to post some of my favorites.

My wife and I plan on moving to Minnesota in a year to be closer to family. I don't usually get interested in high school sports, but Minnesota hockey is really neat. You seem to have big schools vs smaller ones, Northern schools against city schools, private vs public, etc. It means a lot to these towns.

I will have to think about some of the favorites outside of Edina and Cloquet.

You're right about the Blackhawks being a the go-to template.

300px-CarolinaColiseum.jpg

Anytime high school hockey gets brought up, I'm obligated to mention the All-Minnesota Hockey Hair team:

https://youtu.be/SmucWOLnAb4

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

On 2/28/2019 at 8:12 PM, sportsfan7 said:

spacer.png

I've always liked the Lakeville North jerseys with the Quebec Nordique's logo.

What's the deal with the flipped logo and collar colours on some of them? Just old stock for the photo?

If I had to guess, the seniors have the ones with the red logos, but I'm not sure if they are old stock or home vs away or what.

On 2/28/2019 at 9:38 PM, monkeypower said:

What's the deal with the flipped logo and collar colours on some of them? Just old stock for the photo?

Lakeville North usually has a couple of alternates, so in that picture the ones with the red logos were the seniors wearing one of their home jerseys and the underclassmen were wearing their "normal" home jerseys

On 3/2/2019 at 3:29 PM, sportsfan7 said:

If I had to guess, the seniors have the ones with the red logos, but I'm not sure if they are old stock or home vs away or what.

Makes sense. I was in marching band and our uniforms had capes that were blue and silver (on alternating sides). The seniors would usually flip their capes around the other way for group photos. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

The logo for Lakeville North is pretty clever... But the Blackhawk-jerseys have been retired.

HOWEVER, their replacements are awful... 

DxhrcIgUwAARrGe.jpg:large

Dy-aFc3VsAAiawL.jpg:large

Leafs and Habs clones in red and black. The breezers are also red sometimes for the red jersey...

Archived