2019 High School Football uniforms

MJWalker45

On 8/27/2019 at 9:53 AM, Volt said:

Ligonier Valley High School in Ligonier, Pennsylvania, currently the 2nd ranked team in AA in the state, upgraded their uniforms this season for the first time in about 8 years.  The Rams are 40-3 over their last 43 games, and just opened their season with a 67-0 home victory this past Friday night, extending their conference win-streak to 29 games.  They are seeking their 4th consecutive Heritage Conference Championship, and have won 3 consecutive conference crossover Appalachian Bowls, were PIAA District VI AA Champions in 2016 and 2017 and runners-up in 2018. 

Very fun team to follow! 

This small school in idyllic Ligonier is on an incredible 4-year run capped off by a senior class that has 3 Division I lineman recruits, including a Navy commit, as well as several other talented lineman and skill players.  The last few seasons have produced eye-popping, record-breaking performances by several outstanding young men who have gone on to compete at the college level.  While their facilities don't match up to the quality of the program, the uniforms & helmets now finally do:

They will debut their White uniforms this weekend, which are essentially an inverted version of their new Home sets.

Check them out at the links below: 

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LigonierValleyRamsFootball/

Twitter:  https://twitter.com/lvramsfootball

MaxPreps: https://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/ligonier-valley-rams-(ligonier,pa)/football/home.htm

For those interested, via the team's Twitter:

spacer.png

Pretty balanced look, all told.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Lennard Longhorns just south of Tampa in Florida must change their logo after the University of Texas has requested a change.

http://www.fox13news.com/sports/high-school-sports/lennard-longhorns-off-to-perfect-2-0-start-but-their-logo-has-to-go

I have to admit that im surprised it took this long, Lennard HS has been open since 2006.

pD5Zmqq.jpg

1insxXV.jpg

Claymont (Uhrichsville, OH) changed back to a white helmet and added the helmet striping they used from 1980-2000. No orange facemask though. Also changed over to an unknown uniform supplier and added orange trim to numbers. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/16/2019 at 4:35 PM, The AFC South said:

Lawrence Central and Lawrence North (Indianapolis, IN) have switched to the new logos on the right as LC's contract with Missouri State expired.

Image result for lawrence centralLawrence Central's new logoImage result for lawrence northLawrence North's new logo

I don't know why, but I look at that far right logo and can't see anything but this

:spacer.png

One of the more interesting recent Sacramento high school matchups, Inderkum vs Del Oro, in a battle of black/gold winged helmet (Delo Oro's logo is the Southern Miss eagle head) and direct Mizzou logo helmet but with shiny gold and matte navy look. 

spacer.png

BannerLogos.jpg

SF4.gif

On 6/15/2019 at 8:25 PM, Bowski said:

But typically since most catholic school mascots are like the Knights, the Irish, the Monarchs, the Saints, etc. It makes sense to do a dark color like navy, burgundy, green,  or purple paired with gold and because of that they're all mostly gonna end up looking like Notre Dame or Boston College.

WTF?

While this may be true in your immediate area,  "most Catholic Schools" nationwide are NOT typically named those names.

Metro New Orleans/ South Louisiana area alone:

• Holy Cross Tigers
  • Jesuit Bluejays
  • Brother Martin Crusaders
  • St. Augustine Purple Knights
  • Archbishop Rummel Raiders
  • Archbishop Shaw Eagles
  • De La Salle Cavaliers
  • St. Paul's Wolves
  • Archbishop Hannan Hawks
  • Pope John Paul II Jaguars
  • St. Charles Catholic Comets
  • Vandebilt Catholic Terriers
  • Catholic High (Baton Rouge) Bears

Others I've encountered:

• Jesuit (Dallas) Rangers
  • Jesuit (Beaverton) Crusaders
  • Jesuit (Tampa) Tigers
  • Marist (Atlanta) War Eagles
  • Central Catholic (San Antonio) Buttons

It is what it is.

• 5 weeks later...

2020 All American Bowl Presentation Jerseys

EAST

MgghuPm.jpg

ipVm9pI.jpg

WEST

Ut4k1nz.jpg

East jersys have the "E" patch on the right sleeve and the West jerseys have the "W" patch on the left sleeve. These look way better than last years which were black jerseys with a mixture of colors for the numbers.These will not be the game jerseys design if they follow previous years. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

2 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Reminds me of fan jerseys with numbers meant to be fit inside a shield. It would look better if they rotated the 2, 180 degrees.

I'd be curious to see the whole set of these numbers.  I can't imagine it looking very good.

23 minutes ago, mjd77 said:

I'd be curious to see the whole set of these numbers.  I can't imagine it looking very good.

I'm thinking the 5 will be a reverse version of that 2, and 3 will be illegible. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I appreciated when the All-American Bowl (formerly known as the U.S. Army All-American Bowl) centered its uniforms around the colors black and yellow while the Under Armour game centered around black and red. Now they look very similar (though it's worth noting the latter has only handed out black jerseys on its nationwide tour).

15 hours ago, AndrewMLind said:

I appreciated when the All-American Bowl (formerly known as the U.S. Army All-American Bowl) centered its uniforms around the colors black and yellow while the Under Armour game centered around black and red. Now they look very similar (though it's worth noting the latter has only handed out black jerseys on its nationwide tour).

UA has been doing some different designs with their game jerseys. I don't remember if they did that last year as well. It's disingenuous in my opinion that IMG is being propped up as areal high school.   

1 hour ago, walkerws said:

UA has been doing some different designs with their game jerseys. I don't remember if they did that last year as well. It's disingenuous in my opinion that IMG is being propped up as areal high school.   

Last year's UA unis were the Hawaii 5-0 uniforms. Not sure why they couldn't use their corporate colors for the presentation uniforms.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Under Armour handed out the previous game’s jersey on its tour last year, then — as mentioned — went with the floral design on the actual uniforms. 

I ultimately think neither game will wear these presentation jerseys because the UA jerseys are an old template and the AA Bowl appears to be using a replica-like jersey. 

As for IMG, everyone knows it’s not a high school. It’s effectively a college prep athletic school. That’s why they can’t compete in the state playoffs and play a national schedule instead. 

3 hours ago, AndrewMLind said:

Under Armour handed out the previous game’s jersey on its tour last year, then — as mentioned — went with the floral design on the actual uniforms. 

I ultimately think neither game will wear these presentation jerseys because the UA jerseys are an old template and the AA Bowl appears to be using a replica-like jersey. 

As for IMG, everyone knows it’s not a high school. It’s effectively a college prep athletic school. That’s why they can’t compete in the state playoffs and play a national schedule instead. 

Didn't started out as a tennis academy before branching out to the other Olympic sports? Not sure how many decent tennis champs ended up coming through there though. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived